• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

chrono01

Heads up: Defense Order scheduled times have been changed for the next few days. It will be a maximum of two groups per slot and DOs occur in roughly 2 to 3 hours intervals.

8/4 (JST): https://twitter.com/granbluefantasy/status/771991493036810240

8/5 (JST): https://twitter.com/granbluefantasy/status/772101864145891328
Only one Defense Order today (and I missed it) and only one tomorrow for Group F. I still need two more wins for the second Milia, and one more round of 200 shields for the skin. After that, it's trying to earn another 1500 shields for the last copy of Milia.

Saprol

i got the summon from the defense order from winning

is this common?

eyqjhHQ.png
obn7qCS.png

it's part of the event trophies. participate in 5 winning DOs for 3 copies of the summon. for a 4th copy to fully uncap, you need to spend 3000 shields on the 4th copy in the DO shop.

second one is the skin. get 200 shields in 3 DOs, which you can do easily by building 5 different buff items and using them instead of dealing with the awful server lag (40 shields per unique buff x 5)

chrono01

i got the summon from the defense order from winning

is this common?
It's part of the trophy unlock. If your group wins once, you get a copy. Win two more times, get a second, and a third with two more wins (for a total of five wins, overall). The final copy you purchase from the shop for 3000 shields.

whew, maining fire paid off since i was (barely) able to beat the nightmare boss lol

probably should have looked up what hp triggers it had since leaf storm wrecked me as I wasn't expect it at all lol

even worst was i got crap from its drops

Minotaur

Neo Member
I'm so new at the game my summon slots are just 3 event Milia. I will uncap one of them eventually but for now this is the best I got lol

Also, I'm getting some random items with +1 on them, what is recommended I feed them to at the start or should I just keep them for the time being?

I can finally MVP Luminiera T_T. Using a really ghetto solution (Holy Saber + Nicholas + Erica + Albert), but it takes about 15 min before I can whittle her HP down to about 1/3 or more to open the raid to the public.

Rainy

Banned
Y'know the story in this game is pretty interesting.

Just finished Chapter 40, so spoilers for that

Kinda saw Rosetta being a primal beast coming but so many questions still left unanswered....like what she knew about the MC's father!

Pics_nao

Just finished chapter 70. So many revelations and reveals in these last 7 chapters for me. Actually excited to see where it goes. Hope the rest of the knights become playable like Apollo.

I'm so new at the game my summon slots are just 3 event Milia. I will uncap one of them eventually but for now this is the best I got lol

Also, I'm getting some random items with +1 on them, what is recommended I feed them to at the start or should I just keep them for the time being?

For the plusses, you can just reset them if you ever want to put them on another weapon.

Once you reset the bonus (just costs a bit of gold) you'll get an item in your gift box that you can fuse into a new weapon to transfers all the plusses

Each plus gives 5 ATK and 1 HP. You can't transfer weapon plusses to summons and vice versa though

----

Just put them on a good weapon that's in all your pools to save yourself the hassle of transferring them all the time.

3Kaze

I caught up with the story a bit when 1/2 AP started but dropped again at chapter 65, fighting bosses with 30 millions HP is just no fun (with my current team).

chrono01

No times for DO for tomorrow? I need to know if I can make it, I still need one more win for my third Milia, and a few more shields for my final copy.

dennism

magfest is done for me, no more time to do another raid.

final day haul: 1 ygg sword

total magfest haul:

wind: 5 tia guns, 3 tia fists
water: 5 daggers
earth: 4 swords
fire: 3 canes
light: 0... yeah..
dark: 1 axe i think? 0 claw

overal, my water pool got much stronger after this magfest, and i got a viable wind team and not bad earth team now. wanted dark claw badly cause i got zooooey but oh well

aitakute

Uh I don't suppose anyone has solved the last puzzle on September 5 yet have they?
The box below the insect, upper left is the number of legs and horns in the head part. down left is the number of legs in the body. If there's a line in the body, add 5. If the part is black, add 10. Then add those numbers together and go check them in the alphabet for letters by using the pattern down right. The answer is "seeyousoon"

Chaos17

This legfest helped me in every elements, in general.
I upgraded my Fire SR team and put SSR Rosetta in it as buffer, I should've done that the moment I unlocked her third skill, farming hard would've been less painfull, lol

Celest wasn't really nice to me, didn't gave any claw so I had to buy one. First time ever I use my renow points because I forgot about them until now when I need specific type of weapons for a character. So I guess my renow points are all going for her claws since I've summer Zooey.

Magfest is really cool but tiresome too because you go into intense farm, lol
Still look foward for next one :)

Jindrael

Banned
All my elements except water are over 70k now. Highest is dark with near 77k. Freaking water only 5k6. Seriously fuck water
Earth is kinda weak though. How do I improve my earth?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1rEKIMlT8A

You improve earth by getting an actual good buffer but since cygame thinks that earth needs more attackers with every patch you won't get one anytime soon. =(
Cagliostro is sadly not able to make a team do great damage alone unlike other element buffers!
Also earth is missing a good single Def debuffer like Clarisse, Djeanne, Lady Grey etc. even with mist+collapse from cag you only have 40% def down still 10% short from cap.
The Def down part is only interesting for solo.

Another thing that makes earth seem weaker is that unlike other magnas you need a specific skill set to solo Levi because of reflect and tidefall.
Unless you reach a seriously high damage level you won't be able to just bruteforce Levi unlike other magnas like ygg, tia or colo. Best example for that is that I can bruteforce ygg with my Earth ougi team without debuffs but can't do the same to Levi unless it's ST.
For example Sara is a great character but having her in the party is basically dead weight when it comes to damage, she is pure tank nothing else and should never be in a party when you want to try to outdamage anything.

Also if you want good auto attack damage get Ayer if you don't have him, he is a beast, he is hitting 250k autos in Levi HL for me.

But lets be honest with the kind of pools you have I think most of that is self-explanatory :D

aitakute

Another thing that makes earth seem weaker is that unlike other magnas you need a specific skill set to solo Levi because of reflect and tidefall.
Funny I can solo Levi faster and without dispel by using wind or dark.
My current power level is like this
Dark > Light > Wind = Fire > Earth >>>>>> Water

Jindrael

Banned
Funny I can solo Levi faster and without dispel by using wind or dark.
My current power level is like this
Dark > Light > Wind = Fire > Earth >>>>>> Water

As long as you deal enough damage so you can break him without triggering ougi he is the same as all other magna, just now tested and my ougi earth team barely breaks him before ougi in 3rd turn with gw earth axe it would probably be super easy for me or if I had GAO unlocked already. Currently my ougi earth team only has 25% def down from mist =(

GW EARTH AXE FOR DEFENSE DOWN

CHOP CHOP CHOP

I'll cave and get one next gw, didn't have enough foresight to see that problem early enough and now my sarasa axe is dark, it's still doing work there but for mainhand purposes it would have been better in earth

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean, GW Axe dark is also immediately useful.

GW Axe earth is about as mandatory as GW Harp dark though. Patches a hole in the lineup.

Jindrael

Banned
I mean, GW Axe dark is also immediately useful.

GW Axe earth is about as mandatory as GW Harp dark though. Patches a hole in the lineup.

Agreed, the only thing bugging me is that my max damage axe is stuck in dark now and I will only use a worse stat verion in earth but oh well maybe there will be a character or anything soon that patches that hole in earth

Falk

that puzzling face
Summer Jeanne

Ability 1 large def down

Ability 2 DA/TA up

2017 summer can't come soon enough

edit: I wonder how viable a primal cosmos axe build is with Baal axe.

Ultimadrago

Out of all elements, I like fire the best

If the game started with a "Choose Your Element" giving all the best characters from the get-go and starting pool, I would have went with Dark. They have some awesome looking players. Good choice on going in hardest with that element! I only really chose Earth because I'm shackled to Cagliostro.

Question for you though, would you say that certain elements' strategies come with their own uniquely encouraged playstyle that can be summed up in a few words? Or does it really simply come down to particular characters one chooses? (For example, Earth as a "Defensive" element, so on)

chrono01

Lost this morning's Defense Order. I still need one more win for my final Milia. :(

Granted, it was at 3AM in Japan, so that might have had something to do with it. Thankfully, the second one today is at 2PM (JST), so maybe that will have better luck?

One more, that's all I need...

aitakute

Question for you though, would you say that certain elements' strategies come with their own uniquely encouraged playstyle that can be summed up in a few words? Or does it really simply come down to particular characters one chooses? (For example, Earth as a "Defensive" element, so on)

Well, light almost always has that same team... The same thing could be said for wind too. Well, every element has its own "key" characters but you can always try new things. Here are my teams
Wind: Korwa, Siete, Petra, Birdman, Garwain
Fire: Percival, Yuel, Dokkan, Sen (this is important, she's best girl), Anira
Earth: Cag, Sara, Nemone, Sieg, Emil
Earth 2: Emil, Sara, Psycho Chainsaw, Sieg, Cag
Water: Altair, Lancelot, Charlotte, Silva, Armored oldman playboy
Light: Jeanne, Amira, Song, Zoey, Seruel
Dark: Six, DJeanne, Summer Song, Narumea, Vampy
Odin: Six, DJeanne, Amira, Narumea, Summer Zoey

Can change depend on bosses
If earth is defensive then I think dark is offensive

Me too! Too bad Cygames hates it the most.

My WIP Dark pool is already 3/5th the strength of my maxed fire pool lol

Here is the best I can currently do with my fire team. The only way to get stronger is getting another LB3 staff and then MLB4 all of them. But you know, Twin elements hl is hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJTHIHizP8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPCg9sKZ114

Top Bottom