• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Rainy

Banned
So the beginner ticket is up for me.

I'm thinking of trying to get a dark character.

The ones I have right now are Lady Grey, Dark Jeanne, and Zaja (an SR). Who would you guys suggest?

The ones I can get: (since Beginner Ticket is based on when you started right?)
Beatrix
Vira
Vaseraga
Sarunan
Cerberus
Narmaya

The team I've been using so far has been SSR Kat, Yoda, and Dark Jeanne.

if you can't get vampy (cause i guess you started before august 2015), then vira or naru's a good choice

vira has veil and becomes pretty strong once you reach her 5 star
naru will help carry you through a lot of the early and mid stuff but falls off in super endgame

So I'm just wondering, if I don't have a main element yet, how should I build Malinda?

if you care about in the long run, most people would say dark defense since there is pretty much like two other dark healers or tanks

fire defense is a choice since fire lacks tanks too

so does light if you don't have mecha nic

in most cases the attack version isn't as good since there are usually better attackers in whatever element compared to tanks/healers

but feel free to change to whatever role you are lacking in an element

whenever they rerun this event, it looks like you are given the option to reset the element/role once

Dragner

So you can get 2 omega weapons with renown pendants. Theres a way a new player can get to 5k?. I can solo hard Raids with a R and a SR using Yoda but that gives me like 25 pendants...that will take forever. Any easier way?.

Mawarup

Neo Member
So you can get 2 omega weapons with renown pendants. Theres a way a new player can get to 5k?. I can solo hard Raids with a R and a SR using Yoda but that gives me like 25 pendants...that will take forever. Any easier way?.

Eventually you are going to hit a point where you can do the Omega raids to the halfway point. Probably going to get a better chance of getting more weapons quicker that way. Otherwise anytime sooner through use of pendants? Naaaah keep on grinding and enjoy your grind!~

Dragner

Another newb question. I cant upgrade a skill of a maxed weapon with other than SR weapons?. I cant choose other that SR weapons to upgrade the skills of my maxed weapons, I dont have any filter chosen and can choose R weapons for skills on non-maxed weapons just fine...

Another newb question. I cant upgrade a skill of a maxed weapon with other than SR weapons?. I cant choose other that SR weapons to upgrade the skills of my maxed weapons, I dont have any filter chosen and can choose R weapons for skills on non-maxed weapons just fine...

For a weapon to be used for skill levelling, it needs to have a skill itself. Most R weapons don't have a skill so they can't be used for skill levelling

The reason they still appear on a non-max LVL weapon is because it will use the Exp of the R weapon but it won't have any impact on upgrading the skill.

If your SSR weapon is max LVL. The rares will dissapear from upgrading altogether because they can't be used for both EXP (the SSR weapon is max level after all) and upgrading skills (since the R weapon doesn't have a skill itself).

+1 R's will still appear though, some special R weapons (like Fury pebbles and Gacha R's) have skills and can also be used, but your angel R will be useless!

Dragner

Yeah I knew about angel weapons, but I thought all Rs could ve use for leveling. Thats gonna make it difficult. So only weapons from gacha can be used for leveling skills?. Or there is another method?.

froliq

Yeah I knew about angel weapons, but I thought all Rs could ve use for leveling. Thats gonna make it difficult. So only weapons from gacha can be used for leveling skills?. Or there is another method?.

All gacha R's have a weapon skill so they can be used for weapon skill leveling. The main method in raising the skill level comes from the SR weapon dropped from the omega raids and their hard versions, because they are farmable.

You can also obtain weapons from events like the current malinda one. They have SR weapons in the draw box and those purple stones. SR weapons can also drop from the event raids.

Liseda

I wonder if Google will remove the way to launch websites in "app-mode" though.

I already launch the current game with

chromium --app="http://game.granbluefantasy.jp"

sd28821

we Im out got taken for a whorl by the rabbit.

so I welcome the new changes and may your rabbit hunting be more successful than mine

Dragner

I can say Im culprit of not doing DO after completing all trophies/getting all summons. Not that I do a lot with ny 500k contribution to whales millions but still...

wilstreak

Gaf, my team is underpowered. Will be glad if thre is anyone willing to help me defeat golem so that i can continue with the event.

Raid ID : 682DCF0A

wilstreak

Dark boosted banner

decide to pull because i need some good Dark character like Vampy

just got Jeanne d'arc and Rosemia 2 days ago. (both light)

Minotaur

Neo Member
Dark boosted banner

decide to pull because i need some good Dark character like Vampy

just got Jeanne d'arc and Rosemia 2 days ago. (both light)

Should have pulled during the light rate up!

But yea Im waiting for 2x ssr rates since Im so new I dont have a one color team yet.
My 3 ssr are all different element so hoping I pull something that matches any of them.

PS4 Granblue TGS Trailer

They show the new Djeeta design at the end.

Tcl9F6G.jpg

wilstreak

Should have pulled during the light rate up!

But yea Im waiting for 2x ssr rates since Im so new I dont have a one color team yet.
My 3 ssr are all different element so hoping I pull something that matches any of them.

LOL yeah.

we are on the same ship.
in my case i have 2 SSR light character but not a single Light summon to boost the damage. Seems pointless tbh.

And this game is so complex for casual gamer that i don't know where to focus on.

When is the next 2x ssr rates?

Dragner

LOL yeah.

we are on the same ship.
in my case i have 2 SSR light character but not a single Light summon to boost the damage. Seems pointless tbh.

And this game is so complex for casual gamer that i don't know where to focus on.

When is the next 2x ssr rates?

Thats why you embrace the wind meme. Free 80% boost summon did a lot for me to decide to go wind. Also easier omega to farm.

Next premium gala is at the end of the month. Idk if I will pull there. My wind team just needs Korwa so I will ticket her eventually, my second element will be light since I got Jeanne and Amira but I wont go there until I finish my wind grid. So it will take a while.

So maybe Im doing better waiting for halloween or christmas limited characters.

Also finally hit a roadblock at the main story chapters at chapter 40...I was basically auto through all battles then chapter 40 happened and...wtf.

chrono01

Skill queue is now in, and it's amazing.

Also, I had to give up farming the White Rabbit. I don't know how many hours I spent trying for a single gold chest and didn't get a single one. It was either keep trying or not complete the event, and since I wanted a Dark healer (Defense Malinda), I just went ahead and gave up. Saddened. :/

Uthred

Skill queue is great, first chance I've had to play in a week so I was spared the rabbit hunt. I wouldnt worry too much about a Dark Healer, most comps dont seem to use them (I say partially to console my completionist soul, next time Miranda!).

Dragner

Also you can use Bishop on your MC if you really need heals.

Second tiamat weapon in 24 hours. Nothing in 2 weeks of farming it and now 2...Ill take it. Also a Tiamat Gun that is amazing.

Well I'm done w/ the event. Ended w/ 1.2 mil Honors. Needs one more SSR summon to fully uncap, but probably not going to happen. My dark team worked out pretty well, managed to be able to MVP my own Extremes regularly.

Skill Queue is awesome.

cress2000

Skill queue is so amazing and does so much to help battles not feel like a drag.

That said, I'll never understand why my crew leads seem to prefer RP/EXP boost over charge bar buff for crew skills.

Top Bottom