• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Sheiter

Final tally of my accounts with good rolls, this decision is gonna be hard. Right now leaning towards 2 especially since it's my original main and is rank 50 and has 4/5 idolm@ster event girls on it, but wow how dumb would it be if after going through 45 accounts I ended up back where i started? I've gotten some pm's asking for some of these accounts if I don't use them but I can't really make a decision regarding giving any away until I see if any of my friends start playing when english arrives next week. If I stick with #2 I could use some advice on who to start dash when it comes back. My heart says Yoda so I can cheese for a bit but my brain says Altair or Lancelot for the killer water team I have going, though with Grande on the account maybe I should ticket someone who goes good with her?

sZxfWJ4.png

Feep

Banned
Is the English setting in the options available? If so, uh...where is it? I don't see it, after having gone through the tutorial.

Tbh I'd go with the first one unless you have good SR on the 4th. Summons are awesome and all, but SSR characters come with a weapon, and IMO character+weapon outweighs a summon. Still... Order and Satan... Ugh.
Well, at least, 2 and 3 are out of the picture.
Lennah is tier B so not very good... but I see her as the healer of the HL wind team in this re-roll guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fs3y80zeUX2Y2ue8szPbE23H-z8PP23mt6byglG6WgQ
I don't know about my SR, I didn't find a tier ranking for them. But I have Sutera, Dorothy, Will, and Vira (2 fire and 2 darkness)
So, hmmm, I don't know? >_>

I will probably go with 4 and end up start dashing Nezahualpilli as soon as I start playing. He seems like a great wind attacker (and he looks pretty cool :p)
Or maybe Petra? She looks like a great wind support character.

Gizuko

Does the 1/2 AP/BP event end at the same time as the legfest?

Well, at least, 2 and 3 are out of the picture.
Lennah is tier B so not very good... but I see her as the healer of the HL wind team in this re-roll guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fs3y80zeUX2Y2ue8szPbE23H-z8PP23mt6byglG6WgQ
I don't know about my SR, I didn't find a tier ranking for them. But I have Sutera, Dorothy, Will, and Vira (2 fire and 2 darkness)
So, hmmm, I don't know? >_>

I will probably go with 4 and end up start dashing Nezahualpilli as soon as I start playing. He seems like a great wind attacker (and he looks pretty cool :p)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSmJ_7odu2jFgaTse3Hdohc7nlKXbUoh5kl-l7A0f70/htmlview?pli=1 still, Order is probably better if you are willing to buy your start dash soon.

Uthred

Final tally of my accounts with good rolls, this decision is gonna be hard. Right now leaning towards 2 especially since it's my original main and is rank 50 and has 4/5 idolm@ster event girls on it, but wow how dumb would it be if after going through 45 accounts I ended up back where i started? I've gotten some pm's asking for some of these accounts if I don't use them but I can't really make a decision regarding giving any away until I see if any of my friends start playing when english arrives next week. If I stick with #2 I could use some advice on who to start dash when it comes back. My heart says Yoda so I can cheese for a bit but my brain says Altair or Lancelot for the killer water team I have going, though with Grande on the account maybe I should ticket someone who goes good with her?

sZxfWJ4.png

Tough choice, some very nice accounts. If I was you I'd be very tempted to go with #10, though #12, #8 and #7 all have arguments to be made for them. Not much help I'm afraid.

Uthred

Like everyone else, time to make some decisions. And since I'm new to the game, I'm not sure which account to keep and would appreciate your help.

Here are my SSR (S are summons):
  1. Magisa, Yuel, Athena (S)
  2. Jeanne d'Arc, Sophia, Henriette, Cerberus
  3. Vampi, Narumea, Sarunan, Carmelina
  4. Order Grande (S), Satan (S), Lennah
1 is fire focused
2 is more light focused
3 is darkness focused but it seems like a bad element...
4 is well... Order Grande

Apparently, Order Grande is a great summon and can't be chosen when doing Start Dashes.
But is it really worth keeping this account when I could use one of the other ones with (apparently) better SSR? I won't be going F2P so I don't mind paying for a few SSR via Start Dashes.

Order Grande is great, especially if you get some Order Grande friends (which shouldnt be hard). Satan is nice as he's dual element and has a good active effect but isnt amazing. Leenah is good but isnt going to be much help starting off. Dark isnt a bad element at all, in the current endgame meta its easily the second most powerful element. The problem with Dark is that it takes a while to get up to speed, however unlike other elements there is very little variance in end-game Dark teams and Vampy and Naru are key elements of that (if you get Lady Grey you could consider yourself pretty much done with Dark in terms of SSR's). Light is similarly tough to build a pool for, but its the best element in the game in HL. With #1 you have some great Fire units, Fire is significantly easier to get up and running compared to Dark but loses a bit of steam (no pun intended) in HL. Each of the options have solid pros and cons. Personally I'd go with #3 > #2 > #1 > #4 in that order, but thats based largely on which characters I think look better

chrono01

Oh, wait, so if I start now it'll be in English later on?
Yes indeed. They won't be getting English servers or anything, just an option in-game that enables English text. If you start now or from a year ago, you can simply switch over to English and continue playing on that same account, with all of your progress intact.

LProtag

How many times do people reroll until they get something good?

I've gone through twice and now and I've basically gotten nothing, haha.

LProtag

I can't seem to hit the game start button anymore. It just does nothing. Should I try again with a new account?

Edit: That worked. Weird.

Vamphuntr

How do you link your Android account with a Google account to buy stuff? I'm playing on PC and installed on my phone to be able to pay through the Play Store. When I boot the game on Android I'm logged as a guest.

Ala Alba

Alright, I spent way too much time with this, but here's a summary of my 60 account re-roll work.

Spreadsheet!

In general, 30ish of the accounts got 6 days of pulls, the rest got 5 days. Given an SSR rate of 6%, I would expect an average SSR count of between 3 and 3.6, which I got.

Besides the Lucifer summon itself, the Lucifer account was very unlucky, while the Bahamut account fared slightly better.

My current preference in terms of character designs is pretty much Light > Fire > Dark > Earth > Water > Wind, so I'm thinking of making the Lucifer account my main account and start dash a Light SSR. I'm also thinking of making the Bahamut account a side account, sticking f2p on that one and basically just start building toward Fire until I get lucky with Dark weapons/characters.

Bearing in mind that I realize that the lack of SSR characters on my Lucifer account will probably mean a slower start, is this a bad idea or okay idea?

Edit: Account giving is over.

LProtag

Alright, I spent way too much time with this, but here's a summary of my 60 account re-roll work.

Spreadsheet!

In general, 30ish of the accounts got 6 days of pulls, the rest got 5 days. Given an SSR rate of 6%, I would expect an average SSR count of between 3 and 3.6, which I got.

Besides the Lucifer summon itself, the Lucifer account was very unlucky, while the Bahamut account fared slightly better.

My current preference in terms of character designs is pretty much Light > Fire > Dark > Earth > Water > Wind, so I'm thinking of making the Lucifer account my main account and start dash a Light SSR. I'm also thinking of making the Bahamut account a side account, sticking f2p on that one and basically just start building toward Fire until I get lucky with Dark weapons/characters.

Bearing in mind that I realize that the lack of SSR characters on my Lucifer account will probably mean a slower start, is this a bad idea or okay idea?

Here I am rerolling a bunch of times and not even getting a single SSR.

Kumubou

So I was rerolling a bunch of accounts during the current promotion, and this is what I ended up with:

Any thoughts in regards to which accounts I should go with? I was originally thinking 26 since it has Lucifer and two limited SSRs, but the synergy there is non-existent. There's only one account (4) with a full team, and it's light (which is not a fun element to grind a weapon pool with). There are several accounts that I could get a full element team on with after the usage of a start dash ticket, but I don't plan on using that. 6 is interesting just due to sheer volume and has two elements that are one character away from a full units. 20 is also notable for having Yoda and three other SSRs to start with. Any advice? It seems like there are a lot of options here but none that particularly stand out.

Yes, there were three accounts that managed to get zero SSR characters after all seven days. -_-

Now I'm getting an error when I try to put an email in, even with a new incognito window. Huh.
They're IP banning people who create too many accounts in a short period of time now -- you probably got got. If you want to continue rerolling, you'll probably need to use a VPN at this point.

LProtag

They're IP banning people who create too many accounts in a short period of time now -- you probably got got. If you want to continue rerolling, you'll probably need to use a VPN at this point.

Well, at least I don't have to worry about that anymore.

garath

Argh. I'm going to miss this half AP so much. I just finally got into a good system with the magnas. And my wind team is awesome so I have a good focus. :(

AP costs for magna is so high.

Ala Alba

So I was rerolling a bunch of accounts during the current promotion, and this is what I ended up with:

If you don't want account 3 or 26, I'll take one. :)

Account 9 might be a good choice for variety. Percival, Cagliostro, and Petra are all supposed to be pretty good characters, I think, and Altheia is supposed to be decent as well.

TetsujinZ

Started rerolling a few days ago (unfortunately missed out on the first three 10 rolls of the promotion) and I think this is the account I will go with:

Eugen (Earth)
Lancelot (Water)
Nezahualpilli (Wind)
Sigfried (Earth)
The Order Grande (Summon)

If I understand correctly, I want to have 3 different elements in my party with Order Grande, so I should be good with the above? Any thoughts on what my progression strategy should be with this type of multi-element team, and who would be good Start Dash candidates?

Started rerolling a few days ago (unfortunately missed out on the first three 10 rolls of the promotion) and I think this is the account I will go with:

Eugen (Earth)
Lancelot (Water)
Nezahualpilli (Wind)
Sigfried (Earth)
The Order Grande (Summon)

If I understand correctly, I want to have 3 different elements in my party with Order Grande, so I should be good with the above? Any thoughts on what my progression strategy should be with this type of multi-element team, and who would be good Start Dash candidates?

Get Petra if you want to use Grande

Vamphuntr

Is it normal for all the mats quests to show up today? According to the description of the items LB requires it appears each type appear on a specific day. Farming the hard missions really hard.

Yeah, YEAH! I finally did it! I finally beat the gacha.

2/76 2.63% SSR rates.

Edit:
Main Account: 2/76 2.63%
Co-op account: 3/83 3.61%
3rd Account: 4/70 5.71%

DrAg0nBoY

Ok I have 2 questions.

1. How do I logout of the game on mobile and log back in with a different account?

2. Don't know if I should use my current account with Sara and Altair (rank 22) or if I should use my rerolled account (with Amira (SSR) + Claris (SSR) + Carmelina (SSR) + Lily (SSR) + Eugen (SSR)). Any advice?

Lockon

Here we go, time to pick an account:
v6Mb.png

My pick would be #24 follow by #8 and #9. I also like Yoda accounts.

Anyone can help guide me which one would be best to start with?

Elepsis

Neo Member
I too am finally in account selection mode. I didn't start rerolling until several days into the event, so here are my modest results:

y3mMx_puqHC42hEtwlAWklDCkerRVhP8uVMwhLNF0EdE2LO3kz2de1iJoZiWtuPd0NnE-BR0JD9liKegG6JFQ-VOs02OYJHscdmsC5OvqC99Ie7w1kaYaNTqRjHGel-uZDap58SXZmKMJ4O5D2XCVopEg

I'm about 90% sure I want to go with account I, but I figured I'd do a quick sanity check before I dive in. E (team Beardy Bro) was my second choice.

klez

I got 6SSR out of ten 10 pulls, but 5 of 6 are stupid summons and none of them the big 3s. What do you do with 5 different color summons even? Save them until it's time to break them apart for parts?

Cornisath

Neo Member
BGvytTa.jpg

Trying to figure out what would be the best start dash choice for this. The advice I have received so far is to go with Eugen or Rosetta.

Rixa

While I (obviously) would have preferred more SSR's I am very happy with the ones I got, Yuel, Vampy and Cagliostro and Medusa and Bahamut for the summons. So perhaps its about churlish to complain about not getting more ;)
Are we friends? ID: 8847317
:)

How many times do people reroll until they get something good?

I've gone through twice and now and I've basically gotten nothing, haha.
30 times for one SSR.

Yeah, YEAH! I finally did it! I finally beat the gacha.

2/76 2.63% SSR rates.

Edit:
Main Account: 2/76 2.63%
Co-op account: 3/83 3.61%
3rd Account: 4/70 5.71%
wow, so many great pulls. Congrats everyone! Let's hope they do something similar once english settings launch (just who am I kidding).

PS. While I'm happy with my carbuncle (an earth one, so I can both boost Cag and protect my water team) I was being a bit sarcastic. Really, 2 SSR dupes and a carbuncle after that, so salty.
So even infamous "Rixa tier" luck was better.
2 SSR units and 2 SSR summons from those 70 free pulls, then I got one SSR unit from 10 pulls I made yesterday.
After 2 months of playing I have 9 SSR units.
THE NEXT RATE UP HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED.

DARK JEANNE D'ARC.
only available until April 14th
Nice, but.

Iam not going to open my wallet for this. It will be Star Legends & ST for money pulls, not these shitty rate ups.

Rixa

I was curious cause I have never done this before. So If you are wondering what todays Daily Extreme 40 ap gives (its not easy btw):

Of course gold chest rewards can be different & amounts, in the end its all about RNG.

Top Bottom