• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Alfebit

Banned
Hello Alfie! I've just played for a bit, but it's alright thus far. CommonJP was great enough to give me a decent starting team, so that has helped.

Where do I add friend IDs?

Click the Menu button in the top right, then click Friends. There you hit search, then ID, then you enter the code there.

Miragith

I'm thinking about getting the Surprise Ticket. Which SSR would compliment my team that I have so far?

X2yh0MM.png

Also, I only have 36 AP and can only complete two main quests at a time. Is there a way to refill AP without having to wait and not using AP pots?

I'm thinking about getting the Surprise Ticket. Which SSR would compliment my team that I have so far?

Also, I only have 36 AP and can only complete two main quests at a time. Is there a way to refill AP without having to wait and not using AP pots?

Birdman. CAW. Can never go wrong with birdman.

Anko

Is Silva worth it? I really like her design.

Kat/Charlotta team. Currently farming Cocytus.

Silva for delicious burst, Lancelot for the long term.

Thanks but aw man... I would really like to keep Silva on the team though. Decisions decisions. To go for the characters I like or characters that would serve me long term.

kiryogi

Banned
Is Silva worth it? I really like her design.

Kat/Charlotta team. Currently farming Cocytus.

Silva for delicious burst, Lancelot for the long term.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nf1nx6y6qj64jr/Screenshot_2016-04-14-19-41-38.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upcikwv43j66qf3/Screenshot_2016-04-14-19-41-49.png?dl=0

Sorry for the links, pics won't upload. Who should I grab with the surprise ticket to improve my water/fire/dark teams?

Fire - Claris
Water - Charlotta

Rixa

You get more exp if you do more damage. There's not really a reason to wait around. There's no penalty for wiping.

While technically this is true. There are some gimmick ways, when its better to bail out from dungeon and leave your team after they have done enough hits.

tl;dr: You dont need to wait in Multibattle to get it to end, you can leave from there to home screen and do other things.

When collecting those silver things called "Renown Pendants". Go leech with R rarity party to multibattle, do enough damage and keep party alive (leader + 3 members), you get bonus pendants from rarity. If you have leader & 3 R's alive its 24 bonus per multibattle (you need to do enough damage in order to get pendants at all).
Weekly cap for bonus R pendants is 500 and same to SR. Caps are easy to get during Omegafest, not so easy during other times.

- Leech easier Omega multibattles with R party
- Solo 15 AP multibattles with SR party (if you can).
--> Solo 25 AP multibattles with SR party (if you can)

With renown Pendants (5k needed) you can buy SSR weapons. This is crucial especially for those players who are aiming to Light & Dark element as main. Drop rate of SSR weapons from Omegas is so small.

MSMrRound

300 Gold medals, cutting it real close. \o/

Same here \o/

This is after telling myself I'm just gonna participate in this event to exchange for some rupees...still got 15000+ event exchange point sitting there...it carries over to the next edition of the Suzaku raid right?

kiryogi

Banned
Same here \o/

This is after telling myself I'm just gonna participate in this event to exchange for some rupees...still got 15000+ event exchange point sitting there...it carries over to the next edition of the Suzaku raid right?

Yup, the next celestial raid will be Genbu.

Rixa

Wondering if I should do Star Legend + surprise, or just do surprise pull...

Are you ready to take the disappointment, when you might pull some crappy summon from Star Legend. I pulled Nezha summon (+40% wind & fire atk). Thus Star Legend failed this time for me. If you are ok with the possibility to get crap, go ahead and do it :).

This is what I meant with R party leeching, went to Celeste Omega raid and did enough damage and got crappy drops (as usual).

chrono01

Is there a better time to roll than the boosted drop rates right now?
Yes, wait for Legend Fest, it usually happens at the end of every month. All SSR are boosted to 6x the normal pull rate, and exclusive SSR are included that you can only pull during a Legend Fest (Katalina, Rackam, Io, etc.).

MSMrRound

Wondering if I should do Star Legend + surprise, or just do surprise pull...

A couple of my colleagues walked away with two SSRs from Star Legend.

I did both, got Narmaya out of it so wasn't too bad.

IMO Star Legend is best for when you are just starting out since you got nothing to lose.

If you got a larger roster, the chances of you pulling a dupe will be higher, so might as well go for it if you feel you are willing to part with the cash.

I picked Yuel out of my surprise ticket since I don't have a single Fire SSR and I heard she's pretty good at late game too.

razterik

So I'm sitting on about 22k points for the current event after buying the 10k dagger. Am I wrong in thinking it'd be useful to clean out the supreme/champion merits, half elixirs, soul berries and maybe the rupies before saving the rest of the points for next time?

Also would appreciate some advice on my Surprise Ticket:
Really tempted to just go for Vania because I'm a Kugimiya fan or maybe Cagliostro since I think her character is neat. Not sure I care much about tier listings or anything.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Is an English release imminent or should I just jump with the current JP release?

Rixa

So I'm sitting on about 22k points for the current event after buying the 10k dagger. Am I wrong in thinking it'd be useful to clean out the supreme/champion merits, half elixirs, soul berries and maybe the rupies before saving the rest of the points for next time?

Also would appreciate some advice on my Surprise Ticket:Really tempted to just go for Vania because I'm a Kugimiya fan or maybe Cagliostro since I think her character is neat. Not sure I care much about tier listings or anything.

1. Sounds good plan.

2. If you dont mind the fact that SSR dark weapons from Omegas drop only 1/4 times or less than Wind/Earth/Fire/Water ones from their Omegas and SR dark omega weapons are only good for skill up fodder. Go dark and grab Lady Grey or Vira.

Lady Grey has great Ougi animation when 5* (last lb at lvl 80 to get level increas to 100). Here is LG when MLB & Ougi in action:

Gizuko

Also would appreciate some advice on my Surprise Ticket:Really tempted to just go for Vania because I'm a Kugimiya fan or maybe Cagliostro since I think her character is neat. Not sure I care much about tier listings or anything.

Cag is top tier though lol

You should either finish your fire/dark team or just go with whichever character you like the most.

I'd get a couple of certificate/merits and some AP/BP items, prolly wouldn't expend them all, though.

Anko

Is an English release imminent or should I just jump with the current JP release?
No English specific release has been announced. Only this English patch for the JP ver. I'd say jump in.

is it worth it to get the smaller rewards from the event?

like the archangel equipments, the ifrit anima, etc
Skip them. You get SR archangels regularly from magna raids. You can get the R versions more commonly during daily angel dungeons. Ifrit anima you can farm from the ifrit fight too. The others though...

I personally went for money. archangel equipment are quite easy to get imo..
Actually, co-op is a good source of money. While I can't speak for everyone, I would personally just farm rupies from co-op.

Anko

Tried a couple of 10 draws on the Rupie side. Nothin' but fodder.

I'm so fucking done with this drought, I can't.

But isn't rupie gacha meant to give you fodder...?

Yea that's what I heard. I personally never did co-op so I am out of money.
You get some drops from co-op that can be sold in the shop for some decent money. Check out the Treasure Trade > Sell Treasure area. The Disks are a very common drop.

Rixa

Rupie side gives only fodder. I think I have done Free rupie pull 5 times and those are my all pulls from Rupie gacha. Waste of time & rupies. Later on you can get +R weapons there but dont bother with it.

razterik

Go dark and grab Lady Grey or Vira.

Already have Vira. But I'll think about Miss Hot Pants.

Cag is top tier though lol

You should either finish your fire/dark team or just go with whichever character you like the most.

I'd get a couple of certificate/merits and some AP/BP items, prolly wouldn't expend them all, though.

Cagliostro would only pair up with Sara, so I was hesitant. Don't really care for my fire crew so far.

Any way of finding out what was available in the LegFest before last? I don't remember what I have available in my Start Dash or whatever.

dennism

1. Sounds good plan.

2. If you dont mind the fact that SSR dark weapons from Omegas drop only 1/4 times or less than Wind/Earth/Fire/Water ones from their Omegas and SR dark omega weapons are only good for skill up fodder. Go dark and grab Lady Grey or Vira.

Lady Grey has great Ougi animation when 5* (last lb at lvl 80 to get level increas to 100). Here is LG when MLB & Ougi in action:

oh baby, i like what i see lol

Gizuko

That gacha has nothing but fodder. It's meant to be used further in, when you need to enhance chars/weps /summons with +1s (take a look next time you start a quest, some people have +99 summons on display).

If you have hit a roadblock you should consider asking for an account made during the daily 10 roll event, since they'll have much better characters.

Cagliostro would only pair up with Sara, so I was hesitant. Don't really care for my fire crew so far.

Any way of finding out what was available in the LegFest before last? I don't remember what I have available in my Start Dash or whatever.

I don't remember them doing anything too out there during said legfest - I could be wrong since I was a newbie back then. If you check the SSR character data sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...1PfUUIBcWUMU0aw/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=0) those labeled "Legend Gacha (x2 fest)" should be the legfest exclusive ones. So basically the SSR vers. of the story SRs.

Rixa

Already have Vira. But I'll think about Miss Hot Pants.

I ticketed Vira, now my Dark partys final form will be:
SuperStar / Vaseraga / Vampy / Lady Grey / sub.Vira / sub.Lucius

Thus unit wise party is ready, LG (90) & Vira (33) need more levels.
Weapon pool, needs a lot of work tho...

Gizuko

I ticketed Vira, now my Dark partys final form will be:
SuperStar / Vaseraga / Vampy / Lady Grey / sub.Vira / sub.Lucius

Thus unit wise party is ready, LG (90) & Vira (33) need more levels.
Weapon pool, needs a lot of work tho...

Whoa, congrats Rixa, that party seems really good.

pariah164

That gacha has nothing but fodder. It's meant to be used further in, when you need to enhance chars/weps /summons with +1s (take a look next time you start a quest, some people have +99 summons on display).

If you have hit a roadblock you should consider asking for an account made during the daily 10 roll event, since they'll have much better characters.
I've not hit a roadblock just yet; however, asking for an account just isn't for me. I'm almost at 3K gems, so I'll hold out till the boosted SR/SSR event at the end of the month.

Rixa

Whoa, congrats Rixa, that party seems really good.

Thanks. As you know, units without weapon pool are just units. I need so many SR weapons for skill fodders and also ssr weapons (hp ones) too, then I need shitloads of SSR weapons dropped from Celeste (and from Pendant store) to LB purpose. Not sure how many months (many) it will take to get weapon pool ready. LB0 Omega club:
2½ months of playing. You can ticket the units with money, but you cant get weapons with money, you need to grind.

I wish Omegafest would be all the time on.

Gizuko

I've not hit a roadblock just yet; however, asking for an account just isn't for me. I'm almost at 3K gems, so I'll hold out till the boosted SR/SSR event at the end of the month.

Let's hope you get something good out of that draw then, character shortage can be pretty annoying.

Thanks. As you know, units without weapon pool are just units. I need so many SR weapons for skill fodders and also ssr weapons (hp ones) too, then I need shitloads of SSR weapons dropped from Celeste (and from Pendant store) to LB purpose. Not sure how many months (many) it will take to get weapon pool ready. LB0 Omega club:

2½ months of playing. You can ticket the units with money, but you cant get weapons with money, you need to grind.

I wish Omegafest would be all the time on.

Are you using SSR dupes. without LBing them due to the max stats %? (I think I read each LB added about 10-20% of the Max LB stats vs the base 50% you get from max level LB0).

Also, this makes me realize just how huge having atkup Omega SR is. And just how bad Levi's SSR are lol

Rixa

Are you using SSR dupes. without LBing them due to the max stats %? (I think I read each LB added about 10-20% of the Max LB stats vs the base 50% you get from max level LB0).

Also, this makes me realize just how huge having atkup Omega SR is. And just how bad Levi's SSR are lol

Dont want to add LB0 unit weapons cause I would need to skill them too. Rather skill up these to higher (10 when ever I have enough fodder) and get more and then later start to LB them. Getting core pool first and then LBing.

That SR +1 weapon is Uknown damage (mlb) and another SR weapon is sr Vira (mlb) weapon. Happened to get 4 SR Viras (3 silver moons) from gacha.

MSMrRound

Also...just a question before the event hits...

Any suggestions as to what's usually the best maps/way to grind for those trust units e.g Ryu and Rashido?

kiryogi

Banned
Also...just a question before the event hits...

Any suggestions as to what's usually the best maps/way to grind for those trust units e.g Ryu and Rashido?

Take them along with you in the event itself?

Also Suzaku event is over! I hope everyone did well! Granblue Fighter V starts in 2 hours!

Top Bottom