• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

MSMrRound

Take them along with you in the event itself?

As in...do I blow my APs on small-ap maps (with them in the party of course), or just go for bigger AP maps for more trust points that I'll gain with each run? Is there a viable strategy to raise them to 100% without that much of a hassle?

Stider

Take them along with you in the event itself?

Also Suzaku event is over! I hope everyone did well! Granblue Fighter V starts in 2 hours!

Finished with the dagger, katana, seal, 3 gold certs, 200k rupies, 20 1/2 ap pots, and enough items to grab SSR Ifrit summon and weapon with 3-4k left over :)

Gizuko

Dont want to add LB0 unit weapons cause I would need to skill them too. Rather skill up these to higher (10 when ever I have enough fodder) and get more and then later start to LB them. Getting core pool first and then LBing.

That SR +1 weapon is Uknown damage (mlb) and another SR weapon is sr Vira (mlb) weapon. Happened to get 4 SR Viras (3 silver moons) from gacha.

Makes sense. TBH I did level my gacha weapons' skills, but that was mostly because during the 10 pull event we got too much fodder and I didn't have a storage box yet. Also, getting 3 Viras must have been a nightmare, but you got something out of it at least.

I should get to properly setting my water weapon pool someday soon, since I might be missing some damage - I'm still using stat-stick/not skill-matching weapons. I kind of want an omega fest soon, too, most of my weapons are fire.

Rixa

Makes sense. TBH I did level my gacha weapons' skills, but that was mostly because during the 10 pull event we got too much fodder and I didn't have a storage box yet. Also, getting 3 Viras must have been a nightmare, but you got something out of it at least.

Iam really happy _if_ I get SR dupe units. Star Legend pull gave that summon (which I heard is good when mlb) and 4 SR weapons.

Dupe SR char = Silver moon = more AP pots or whatever you need from moon shop
Single SR gacha weapon = instant SR skill up fodder.
So far I havent got single SSR dupes.

Stider

Iam really happy _if_ I get SR dupe units. Star Legend pull gave that summon (which I heard is good when mlb) and 4 SR weapons.

Lucky you, have had 2 dupes now of Narmaya/Yoda :(

Gizuko

Wut? Levi SSR daggers are the best.

Unlike the spear, bow and staff. Well, I guess the spear gets a pass, since crit is good. The staff is pretty niche and the bow is hp up :/

I'm just sour because I'm yet to get both the summon and the dagger.

Are LB0 SR gacha weapons used as fodder? Thought they wouldn't be. Whelp, I have a ton, so I'll probably use them to skill some weapons come next leg fes.

I got dupe Cag and Petra, gotta get those gold moons!
Please no more.

Rixa

Lucky you, have had 2 dupes now of Narmaya/Yoda :(
I bet you have more SSR units than I.
When people refer rng & pull luck. There is good luck, then there is rng and then there is Rixa tier luck. In 2 LegFests I made over 85 pulls before I got ssr unit.

GBFUn.PNG
- 74 units
- 10 ssr
- 1 From reroll
- 5 Using money
- 4 From gacha (2 from 7x10 event)

Are LB0 SR gacha weapons used as fodder? Thought they wouldn't be. Whelp, I have a ton, so I'll probably use them to skill some weapons come next leg fes.

I use them as fodder, except Dark. After my Dark is done, I can start to grind other Elements with Dark party and get weapons by grinding, thus Iam not needing SR gacha weapons.

SephiZack

Regarding bingo, I ran some simulations on it trying to see how good it is on average (and what strategy is best). Here's some statistics:

Chance of bingo: ~18%
Chance of 1st bingo: ~10% at 10-person table, ~7% at 20-person table
Chance of super bingo: about 1 in 2500
Expected gain (per game): ~7k at 10-person table, ~40k at 20-person table
* Note that a significant amount of this comes from that slim chance at a super bingo, so it is highly variable. Without taking it into account, the expected gain is only around 10k at the 20-person table, a mere 10% of the starting bet.
* Another note: The chance of 1st bingo and expected gains would be higher if the room isn't full. I'm not sure if that's possible, does the game force the room to be full before starting?

Using the data collected by the games I played, I found very similar percentages, but the average profit was around 30k without super bingo
I found out that it is extremely more likely to be first or second bingo rather than third or fourth bingo. Also, my data contains a 70-lose streak so the average profit is actually going up at this moment.

MiTYH

Looks like Street Fighter content is up! Got two characters already, need to raise their loyalty levels? Anyone got a guide from the last time this was around?

Hope it's somewhat doable to complete both the new and old SF collab in one go, atleast you can do use loyalty characters at the same time.

MiTYH

Apparently it's 1 loyalty point per 1 AP. So 1000 AP for loyalty for those two? And completing the story modes for each character seems to unlock bosses for the items

Venfayth

How do I get more SR weapons of a specific color, do I just need to do events and gacha?

I'm dark right now, but I could go earth, but I don't even have 10 SR or higher weapons of either color.

So, been following this game a bit on the sidelines waiting for the EN 'patch'. Finally installed it on my ipad yesterday(ipad version when!? :( ) and whoa, so many gachas!

I mainly skipped the tutorial steps so this might have been explained but how does 'drawing' characters work?

We 'draw' weapons/summons and sometimes characters come attached to them? Is that it? Cause i don't see a "Draw characters" gacha anywhere. Just items.

Also, it seems i got a Petra, which seems to be on those SSR tier lists for wind, except she's a R? There's various versions or this is like PAD and SSR is like the ultimate evolution (6-8 stars in PAD) of that character?

Rixa

Ehh. To put up battles were you need specific weapon type users only to party. Fucking easy to choose from 74 users when you cant sort units by weapon type...

Well played well played.

Here are the units that are "Melee" ones.
Stupid that you need to take picture to check from unit list (when forming party) what you can use and what not.

MiTYH

Survival mode requires characters who use fist weapons.

Well, shit.

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/1126/collab-granblue-fighter has a guide of characters using fists

EDIT: Thank god I've got SSR Sochie. Only at level 50 so I've got to try to raise her level more for this

DOUBLE EDIT: Hahahah my team is terrible. Only have about 6 fighters to my name including the two free ones, all badly underleveled.

TRIPLE EDIT: Team's not as bad as I thought. You get some battle supplments in between battles in arcade mode (normal is 10 battles in a row). Got the HP one to recover everyone's HP, seems to be going better than I thought. Sochie for MVP for healing ability

Dawg

Playing for first time, pulled Walder and Rosamia... I guess I need to reroll?

I don't really want to tho, I hate rerolling over and over... and over ;_;

Ultimadrago

So, submembers count too? RIP Including Ryu/Rashid, I have three melee members only. lol.

Wait, I have Hazen and Soriz. Underleveled, but hopefully they will do?

MiTYH

Just beat normal arcade mode with all melee units.

Sochie Lvl 50
The two free wind street fighters (level 15 thanks to normal story mode leveling)
Two R units I happened to have at level 1
And me as a fighter, class I just unlocked.

Easier than I thought thanks to the bonuses you can apply even if it did lower my score. Don't know if I can try a harder difficulty though. Took some time for only 10AP. Gave 100 loyalty

Ultimadrago

Apparently it's 1 loyalty point per 1 AP. So 1000 AP for loyalty for those two? And completing the story modes for each character seems to unlock bosses for the items

So I have to finish all event character stories to get the events that let me grind for any of the grind items?

garath

Yeah SR party, Anat is thankfully MLB. Letsee what comes, I mlbed Soriz too. I guess I need to MLB those event Wind units too.

My party is almost exactly the same. I have a different earth fist guy though.

Fortunately I had leveled up all my SRs to 30 just because. Dunno how effective it will be though. I have a decent fire SR fist and a worse earth fist. Since I have two earth units probably just use an earth pool.

Strange event!

draw4wild

Also, the half AP from regular story still gives them full loyalty. So a story quest that cost me 9ap gave me 18 loyalty

MiTYH

Also, the half AP from regular story still gives them full loyalty. So a story quest that cost me 9ap gave me 18 loyalty

Oh, that's right, we're at half AP until the 25th. Hm, where to put my AP then... I really want all these characters, but I really doubt I'm strong enough to get through Arcade mode on hard.

Just beat all the "bosses" on the first difficulty, which was fine. Will try the next one when AP refreshes, worried I might not be strong enough. Still haven't gotten any Zenny drops

dennism

is there any way to spend EP effectively? everytime i click on a raid, even when it's full health, before i got in it will always be dead before lol.

also, is there a best class in the game? so far i've just been leveling up a bunch of row 1 classes

Well, I don't know how far with this event I'll get. I can do Necalli Hard with some moderate difficulty using my light team, but I don't have a much for a wind team so Fang will be a pain. I'm also not too confident about going for very hard. Plus my characters are almost capped and I was too busy on Wednesday to get enough materials to uncap them.

Le sigh...

LuuKyK

Ehh. To put up battles were you need specific weapon type users only to party. Fucking easy to choose from 74 users when you cant sort units by weapon type...

Well played well played.

Here are the units that are "Melee" ones.

Stupid that you need to take picture to check from unit list (when forming party) what you can use and what not.

Wait is that Sophie from Tales in that screenshot? Was there a Tales of event for this game already? Thats pretty cool.

I just started playing this on my phone. I played all the tutorials yet I am still feeling a bit overwhelmed with how much stuff there is in the game. Something I noticed is that AP seems really limited at least in the beginning, not sure if the game is generous with that or not.

Top Bottom