• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

kiryogi

Banned
That feel when you realize that FANG Extreme is a chump thanks to Vira's party debuff immunity. His charge attacks dont even worry me anymore cause no one gets poisoned, he doesn't have an insta-recharge like Vega, and the attacks themselves do piddly damage.

TFW you understand the game and its mechanics thus progressing and growing :D

I rolled 2 accounts at the start of the month, during the big event with the free multi-draws. I'm going to be starting this soon, but one thing I noticed is that my email inbox gets blown up with emails from the company everyday. Is there a way to turn that off? I don't see an in-game option regarding emails.

Noi

oo, free SSR weap and char? wonder if my guild can get it

just beaten saga on very hard, it's easy when you have 200% attack buff from order grande.. how hard is extreme compared to VH?

The biggest jump is that not only does he hit harder, it's two whole rounds instead of one. One bad Tiger Cannon will knock your party out real good.

I rolled 2 accounts at the start of the month, during the big event with the free multi-draws. I'm going to be starting this soon, but one thing I noticed is that my email inbox gets blown up with emails from the company everyday. Is there a way to turn that off? I don't see an in-game option regarding emails.

I had to do this for like 20 accounts. Right click and copy this link address at the bottom of the emails:

hxMeRsT.png
Open a incognito tab in chrome, set up the mobile dev tools (Ctrl + Shift + i) and then paste the address (or do it on a phone/tablet if its what you're using). Log into the account you aren't actively using, then click there:

And pick the top option on the next screen. Repeat for the account you /are/ using, though it doesn't have to be in incognito that time.

I had to do this for like 20 accounts. Right click and copy this link address at the bottom of the emails:

Open a incognito tab in chrome, set up the moble dev tools (Ctrl + Shift + i) and then paste the address (or do it on a phone/tablet if its what you're using). Log into the account you aren't actively using, then click there:

And pick the top option on the next screen. Repeat for the account you /are/ using, though it doesn't have to be in incognito that time.
Thanks for the fast and detailed response. This was exactly what I needed.

Thankfully I only had to reroll once, so I only had 2 accounts to turn off subs for.

On a related note, I used salted emails because I thought I'd be needing a lot of rerolls. Is there a way to change my account's email address so I can remove that? Using my GAF SN as an example: If I had used AdawgDaFAB+GBFreroll1@gmail.com can I change it so that I just use AdawgDaFAB@gmail.com to login?

Felessan

So I've been peering through the tier lists and I happened upon Yoda.

If I understand this correctly.... Every 4 turns this little guy turns into one punch man?
He excel at the beginning, both in progression and getting honor from raids. But he falls off hard later on.
He is a glass cannon - he can deal 1 million damage with his ougi, but when he is out of stacks - he is an easy OHKO target (he receives twice the damage when he is out of stack and draws a lot of agro during this downtime).
Against bosses that have significantly more than 1 million hp it takes a lot of efforts to keep him alive, and mono teams start to catch up quickly (his bonus damage does not scale, unfortunately)

I just noticed that I have five EMP. What skills should I grab for Dark Fencer?

Debuff rate, double attack or attack damage up.

Attack damage up is fairly safe on most classes to get if you don't know what to get first.

I liked debuff rate and DA more as my first points as Dark Fencer.

chrono01

Debuff rate, double attack or attack damage up.

Attack damage up is fairly safe on most classes to get if you don't know what to get first.

I liked debuff rate and DA more as my first points as Dark Fencer.
Hmm, not sure how I want my final build to be, so I might do ATK Up just to be safe.

How easy is it to reset the talent points, though? I assume you can get everything if you want to grind it all out? (Over the course of years, I'm sure.)

So I read that GW are coming up soon. How do I unlock the celestial character?

Take your face and place it next to a grinder. Next, grind it off. Grind more just in case of bad drops.

From the ultimate guide, since we still aren't reading it.

Guild war weapons have a multi-step upgrade system in order to obtain GW characters. Theres a slight stats boost upon awakening the weapon. There is also a change of ougi. Item requirements differ only in the element of some items based on the element of the weapon you are upgrading. For example, a dark gw weapon will require dark mats, while a fire gw weapon will require fire mats. You can refer to the lb item section to find where to get most of the items. The ones not there I tried listing below where to obtain.

Step 1. Awaken the weapon.
Step 2. Change element
Step 3. Find all 14 rare weapons from rare encounters, 5 mithra anima, and pay 200k rupee in order to upgrade shop. Make sure you use the SR mushroom girl that increases rare encounter appearance rate. It makes a huge difference when hunting. She is farmable in chapter 25 special sr character only quest.
Step 4. Have to upgrade the weapon 6 different times.
Step 5. Get SSR character, yay!

Felessan

How easy is it to reset the talent points, though? I assume you can get everything if you want to grind it all out? (Over the course of years, I'm sure.)
There is a button at the bottom of screen where you choose bonuses, but I assume that you'll lose all distributed already points.
No you can't get everything, there is a cap of number of upgrades for given class - number of stars that depends on your overall rank. For example at level 50 i have Dark Fencer 7/8 upgrades. Cost will go up with each upgrade btw.

chrono01

There is a button at the bottom of screen where you choose bonuses, but I assume that you'll lose all distributed already points.
No you can't get everything, there is a cap of number of upgrades for given class - number of stars that depends on your overall rank. For example at level 50 i have Dark Fencer 7/8 upgrades. Cost will go up with each upgrade btw.
Thanks, I'll be sure to plan things accordingly then!

SougoXIII

I have the light weapon from last GW. I need to MLB the weapon before starting the ultra grind?
Ok, just read about it. This is not for me... 70 blue crystals, 30 gold certificates for fully upgrading...

You should work toward it casually. Maxing gw weapons gives out the best ssr characters in the game - the crystals will come to you naturally if you play co-op.

Azusa

I have the light weapon from last GW. I need to MLB the weapon before starting the ultra grind?
Ok, just read about it. This is not for me... 70 blue crystals, 30 gold certificates for fully upgrading...

if you dont want to grind. Just awaken GW weapon and change it element for your needs. Maybe you need new main weapon for fire/earth/etc. Its a great weapon in main hand and you can choose any type for your favourite class.

To awaken and change elements you dont need many mats, just a few and only silver certs.

Yu Narukami

if you dont want to grind. Just awaken GW weapon and change it element for your needs. Maybe you need new main weapon for fire/earth/etc. Its a great weapon in main hand and you can choose any type for your favourite class.

To awaken and change elements you dont need many mats, just a few and only silver certs.

To awaken it must be MLB right?

chrono01

On the subject of weapons, I've heard that you need to wait until the final LB before you skill them up, otherwise you lose whatever skill-up's you have. Is that true? I have a decent amount of SSR weapons I'd love to skill-up now, but not if I'm just going to lose them later when I LB them.

Yaari

On the subject of weapons, I've heard that you need to wait until the final LB before you skill them up, otherwise you lose whatever skill-up's you have. Is that true? I have a decent amount of SSR weapons I'd love to skill-up now, but not if I'm just going to lose them later when I LB them.

Oh is that true? I was going to take the approach of upgrading it early. I need to know this.

chrono01

Oh is that true? I was going to take the approach of upgrading it early. I need to know this.
I'm not entirely sure, but like you I want to know before I dedicate time/resources to skill them up. It would seem strange for the progress to reset each time you LB the weapons, but better to be sure now than to regret it later on...

Azusa

False. You wont lose anything.

All skills and +pluses will be intact even if you upgrade this weapon (gw/class/bahamut).

You will lose bullets in gun each time you upgrade it (gw or bahamut) but its only relevant for Gunslingers.

chrono01

False. You wont lose anything.

All skills and +pluses will be intact even if you upgrade this weapon (gw/class/bahamut).

You will lose bullets in gun each time you upgrade it (gw or bahamut) but its only relevant for Gunslingers.
Whew, thanks for the clarification!

Gizuko

On the topic of GW. I read Uno is actually pretty good, and going by his skills he definitely seems better than the other water option. Should I try to get him? I was considering getting SSR Katalina with my start dash, so I might end up with too many tank/supports and no attackers (currently going with Altair/Char/Yoda).

Question might as well be "should I try to get a GW character that fits in my main team even if it massively overlaps with the rest of said team?" :<

Azusa

On the topic of GW. I read Uno is actually pretty good, and going by his skills he definitely seems better than the other water option. Should I try to get him? I was considering getting SSR Katalina with my start dash, so I might end up with too many tank/supports and no attackers (currently going with Altair/Char/Yoda).

Question might as well be "should I try to get a GW character that fits in my main team even if it massively overlaps with the rest of said team?" :<

Uno is good but you will use him only in HL raids where dmg mitigation is a must. But he is useless in gw, events and magna mvp.

Ultimadrago

Just swap to a team she is on, set her to the front page then swap back to a team you do use. The front page person isn't required to be on your current team, just have to have them.

I meant her limit break versions, which I wouldn't see since I'm not evolving her moreso.

That said, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks!

Rixa

Celeste chest flipped and got one claw more. Now I have one Celeste SSR weapon LB1. Going to buy axe next from shop with Pendants, hopefully before this month ends. Ill replace that unknown SR sword (first from left) with axe.
After that I can focus on LBing my weapon pool and get GW weapon at some point. I might switch to harp on next GW cause I have only 1 GW axe.

Bahamut weapons (sword & dagger) get penalties to stats cause Iam not yet at rank 80. Vira & Varasega switched places, so I get more boost from Bahamut weapons. I need to check the order of girls in team, not sure whose Ougi is up first. It will take long time before Vira & Lady Grey are at 100 level...

Gizuko

Uno is good but you will use him only in HL raids where dmg mitigation is a must. But he is useless in gw, events and magna mvp.

Thank you for this, I thought defense would be good during mid game too. Guess I'll take my time, still a couple of days before it starts anyway.

garath

yes. Works for GW points and for Scenario events points.

Awesome. Just got it to 100. I'm really going to make a push to get some swords this GW. Might actually have a team to accomplish it. Have about 80 pots. Probably not enough but any progress is good IMO.

draw4wild

I was finally able to afford my first magna weapon, got Luminara gun. It looks like the sword may be the better option at lvl 120 but I'm so far away from limit breaking I went for the short term. In over 100 Luminara I've gotten 3 summons but no weapons, but you guys did tell me what I was getting into. Does the fact yhat I always leave the raid early have any effect on drop rate? Like just because I don't see a flip chest doesn't mean that it can't flip?

I wanna go Song for gw to go with Jeanne and Amira, she's the harp right?

Not really sure which GW character to go for this time, the Fire one isn't that great and I have no specific direction to go for with other elements.

This GW is making me anxious. Can't it just be another collab where I get to grind for waifu? Actually meanigful events are just reminding me that I am making no progress in terms of my weapon pool and such.

garath

Well all this grinding of hard and omega raids has been paying off in terms of SR weapons. I now have every wind SR weapon at max stars with a couple skill points each and I have at least two more of each type sitting in my inventory. Do I start limit breaking a second set of SR weapons or just use them as fodder? Obviously they wouldn't be a permanent part of my pool but might give me a small boost in the interim.

Top Bottom