• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Quonny

I'm still new to the game, so maybe this is a dumb question, but why would you need a chart with the times when it says the time until open in-game? My Angel Halo opens in 8 hours, for example...

Because 2/3 aren't star time and honestly star time is the only time that matters.

Azusa

I'm still new to the game, so maybe this is a dumb question, but why would you need a chart with the times when it says the time until open in-game? My Angel Halo opens in 8 hours, for example...

Only stared time slot is good. Other two are way worse and its just a waste of stamina.

garath

I need to pay more attention to star time. Need those rusteds.

My wind weapon pool now. Just used all my junk SR weapons to skill up some outliers. Still holding on to SR damage weapons for other elements. I feel bad getting rid of them in case I build a second element someday..

klBJR79.jpg

Making progress I think.

Noi

Granblue Fighter V ends here for me. Too tired of farming the four Special fights for tokens to get the Poison Hand and I think plowing through more of the story with half AP serves me better.

...that and I'm a little bitter that I got zero Street Weapon / Poison Hand drops despite dropping like 20-30 AP pots on Extreme farming.

Natiko

Banned
Due to my completely awful luck in the Ultra SF event I don't think I'll have enough time to get both the character and weapon from the SFV one at this rate. Which is better to get?

Due to my completely awful luck in the Ultra SF event I don't think I'll have enough time to get both the character and weapon from the SFV one at this rate. Which is better to get?

Weapon will do better, but if you want Karin just get her. They will likely give us more earth fists, but Karin only comes around with the event.

garath

I'm assuming it saves you time from having to go to each individual island to fight them. At least that why I favorited them

Me too. Much faster to just hit favorite. Wish there was a way to favorite something without playing it first though. I kept forgetting to favorite them over and over. Just blow through the post fight screen too fast.

Is there a reason why auto select keeps making my main summon Proto Bahamut over Grand Order, even when I select Light for my element? Would I be fucking things up by making Grand Order my main?

Gren

They do. It's rarer, but they definitely do.

It's 100% possible (and actually not too hard) to get the SF characters from only hard.

That's all I can hope for at this point. Got a level 15 Dark Fencer, but my weapons (only two SRs) need levelling and my characters still need materials for uncapping. Best I can do is Very Hard but I had to burn an elixir to beat it. And even then I only got 1 gold item.

Wouldn't be a problem for me except that it costs so much AP just to play the event. Even with the daily Twitter refresh it doesn't seem like I'll have enough chance to earn all the necessary drops.

garath

Is there a reason why auto select keeps making my main summon Proto Bahamut over Grand Order, even when I select Light for my element? Would I be fucking things up by making Grand Order my main?

Proto bahamut gives a 10% buff to damage. Grande gives a 100% bonus to damage but only if you have three different elements in your main party. If you don't then proto bahamut would.give you more damage as a main summon.

Plus I'm not sure if it is smart enough to recognize the grande bonus. It asks for your element when auto selecting.

razterik

That's all I can hope for at this point. Got a level 15 Dark Fencer, but my weapons (only two SRs) need levelling and my characters still need materials for uncapping. Best I can do is Very Hard but I had to burn an elixir to beat it. And even then I only got 1 gold item.

Wouldn't be a problem for me except that it costs so much AP just to play the event. Even with the daily Twitter refresh it doesn't seem like I'll have enough chance to earn all the necessary drops.

I am running Very Hard because the next level up is too dangerous, and I have had much better success with drops since I set the Bounty Hunter skill as a subskill. It's available through the Thief class and you can use it multiple times per battle to increase drop rate. There's higher levels of the skill as well, but you may not have easy access to them.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Any other use of weapons that say "exp" except as fodder to level up other weapons? The whole "skill up" weapons thing still confuses me.

Gren

I am running Very Hard because the next level up is too dangerous, and I have had much better success with drops since I set the Bounty Hunter skill as a subskill. It's available through the Thief class and you can use it multiple times per battle to increase drop rate. There's higher levels of the skill as well, but you may not have easy access to them.

Cool, I'll try it. Can't do Very Hard with my best on tap, so maybe I'll see if maniuplating the RNG on just Hard yields better results.

Wondering if there's something I can do better with my team... trying to get Karin for this event, but I can only barely beat the bosses on Hard with a Grand Order friend pull. I've gotten exactly one gold drop so far.

http://imgur.com/a/Lt1VW

Once sentinel is maxed I'll be able to use dark fencer, but not there yet. Team's power ranking is like 10k. I'm on chapter 21 in story, rank 30.

garath

Any other use of weapons that say "exp" except as fodder to level up other weapons? The whole "skill up" weapons thing still confuses me.

Exp fodder is solely for leveling up the weapons. Skills are a different attribute of some weapons separate from the weapon level. If you look at the properties of a SR or SSR (and some R) weapon you will see something under skill like "Aeolus's might" with the text "medium boost to wind allies attack". The objective here is to stack like weapon skills to boost your element's attack across the board.

You can only raise the skill of a weapon by using another weapon with a skill. And as that skill gets higher, it will take more skill experience. For example, to raise the skill level of a SR weapon from 1 to 2, you either need a single SR weapon with a level 1 skill (any skill will do) or 4 R weapons with skills.

There are damage skills, health skills, crit skills, ability skills,etc. It's commonly accepted that stacking damage skills is a good way to go.

For example, here's my wind weapon pool right now. I changed the view to skills instead of attack. Note the little sword indicating attack and the level of each. I'm trying to stack as much damage up for wind as possible so all the wind characters in my party get that raw boost.

klBJR79.jpg

Here is the most comprehensive guide you'll find on weapon skilling.

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/595/#3

Proto bahamut gives a 10% buff to damage. Grande gives a 100% bonus to damage but only if you have three different elements in your main party. If you don't then proto bahamut would.give you more damage as a main summon.

Plus I'm not sure if it is smart enough to recognize the grande bonus. It asks for your element when auto selecting.

Yeah, even when I had my party set up with three elements it still did it, even though Grand even has higher raw numbers than Proto Bahamut. Whatever, at least I noticed it before using it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Exp fodder is solely for leveling up the weapons. Skills are a different attribute of some weapons separate from the weapon level. If you look at the properties of a SR or SSR (and some R) weapon you will see something under skill like "Aeolus's might" with the text "medium boost to wind allies attack". The objective here is to stack like weapon skills to boost your element's attack across the board.

You can only raise the skill of a weapon by using another weapon with a skill. And as that skill gets higher, it will take more skill experience. For example, to raise the skill level of a SR weapon from 1 to 2, you either need a single SR weapon with a level 1 skill (any skill will do) or 4 R weapons with skills.

There are damage skills, health skills, crit skills, ability skills,etc. It's commonly accepted that stacking damage skills is a good way to go.

For example, here's my wind weapon pool right now. I changed the view to skills instead of attack. Note the little sword indicating attack and the level of each. I'm trying to stack as much damage up for wind as possible so all the wind characters in my party get that raw boost.

Here is the most comprehensive guide you'll find on weapon skilling.

http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thread/595/#3

Wow, finally I understand, thank you! I just skilled up my axe. I feel like I've been wasting skillups this entire time. Thanks again!

Jindrael

Banned
Quick question for people that know more than me ... so all of you here :D

This is my current Team, now my question is should I level uncap Will? Or is it not worth to uncap early game?

Should I maybe gather the resources to uncap Vampy or Narumea when the time comes?

garath

This is my current Team, now my question is should I level uncap Will? Or is it not worth to uncap early game?

Should I maybe gather the resources to uncap Vampy or Narumea when the time comes?

Sure. It doesn't hurt. The early uncaps for SR units are pretty light on resources and if he stays in your party for awhile you'll appreciate it. He might get a new skill at level 45.

So what exactly are the anima you get from raids for? Like I just got a Tiamat Anima for example.

Silver animas are used for uncap resources for that element (Leviathan water, tiamat wind, etc) and can be combined to create gold animas. Gold animas are used for higher uncapping and summoning the respective omega version of the raid. The omega raids take 3 gold anima and 50ap.

MiTYH

From what I've heard, Dark is tough in the beginning

But from what I've played, the first level uncapping, even for SR, is easy to get. Go for it, you get a new skill (I believe) at the new X5th level

Ranmo

Out of curiosity. How common are alternate accounts for elements? I'm definitely considering start dash + surprise ticketing a team for an alt...maybe.Since both tickets are out it seems like a really good idea. However I am unsure.

I'd like to have just one account, but it seems like too good of an idea...maybe. My lack of experience is why I ask.

Does Granblue have an actual main homepage where they show upcoming announcements and events such as the SF one and LegFest so we know when to start? For people who don't have an account yet on their phone.

Merun

Uncap. He is one of the rare dark healer, and it will give you a boost and skills while you grind your weapon pool.

Uthred

Out of curiosity. How common are alternate accounts for elements? I'm definitely considering start dash + surprise ticketing a team for an alt...maybe.Since both tickets are out it seems like a really good idea. However I am unsure.

I'd like to have just one account, but it seems like too good of an idea...maybe. My lack of experience is why I ask.

The game is ridiculously grindy you could have two accounts but I think you'd run the risk of serious burn out

arevin01

Yeah. I've been playing the 10k 10man. A few days ago I climbed from 450k to 900k. Then I got to 1.1mil the next day only to drop to 650k. Bounced between 650 and 900 for a couple days then made it back to 1.2mil. It's really not a quick climb unless you get pretty lucky. I had a couple of 20-30 game stretches in there with no wins.

People who won millions are just the lucky ones, Ive done the 50k bet 30+ times in a row and lost all of them, so yep given up on Bingo. Stick to poker is the best advice you should give to anyone.

Talaysen

I bought the Melee Character Weapon Draw Ticket from the GBF event and got SSR Societte from it. Guess that was worth it. How good is she though?

So I should just keep on doing the magna raids? Appreciate this.

Until you have a good Magna weapon pool with decently leveled skills on them, you're going to get more out of having the appropriate event summon.

But you're doing Magna raids for the weapons anyway, so if you do get summons to drop that's just a nice bonus for the future.

Rixa

Exp fodder is solely for leveling up the weapons.
Wow, finally I understand, thank you!
I like to add that, dont be afraid to use exp fodder to units too. I have had many times that my inventory is full with exp fodder but no weapons to level. Then I just choose units and level them. Obviously it aint so efficient than leveling weapons but one way to get rid of those fodders.

Went with Lady Grey in the end, Surprise Ticket felt like Sophie's choice ;) So glad to be part of the Dark misery train
Grats, lets share the misery together :).
Obligatory LG lvl 80 pic:

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
At 2170 crystals, 3000 seems so far away ;_;
You get to 6k pretty quick
People who won millions are just the lucky ones, Ive done the 50k bet 30+ times in a row and lost all of them, so yep given up on Bingo. Stick to poker is the best advice you should give to anyone.
I went from 0 to 5 mil in 2 days (sitting at 3M right now).
Poker until 100k -> Bet 100k Bingo is the most time efficient I would say.

Anko

You get to 6k pretty quick

I went from 0 to 5 mil in 2 days (sitting at 3M right now).
Poker until 100k -> Bet 100k Bingo is the most time efficient I would say.

You can also lose it all away again in a short period. You will have both winning streaks and losing streaks. Until you hit super bingo, that is. Fact is, a lot of people are seeing losing streaks. Based on the total chips I've won and what I have now (after accounting for my spending of 4 million), I think I've probably lost 28 million in bingo.

I find it funny that the jackpot on slots has nothing on max bet super bingos. 10 million? Pfft. Granted, you only need 300 chips for a max bet on slots.

Top Bottom