• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Natiko

Banned
I was going to buy the surprise ticket since I've been enjoying the game so much, was surprised to see what it cost. Pretty steep for a ten pull, I figure I should at least wait and make sure I stick with this game long term before pumping in $30. I'm sure the promotion will repeat eventually.

garath

I was going to buy the surprise ticket since I've been enjoying the game so much, was surprised to see what it cost. Pretty steep for a ten pull, I figure I should at least wait and make sure I stick with this game long term before pumping in $30. I'm sure the promotion will repeat eventually.

It will come back eventually. I think this is the second I've seen since I started playing a few months ago. The first was RIGHT when I started though so I didn't even think about getting it.

I got this one because I'm still playing daily. Not just logging in for rewards but actually playing and progressing. I don't think a SSR for $30 is necessarily worth it but I've been having fun with the game and over half of it was just Google rewards money anyways.

The real test will be what I pull with the 10 pull ticket. Next legfest will determine that.

Natiko

Banned
It will come back eventually. I think this is the second I've seen since I started playing a few months ago. The first was RIGHT when I started though so I didn't even think about getting it.

I got this one because I'm still playing daily. Not just logging in for rewards but actually playing and progressing. I don't think a SSR for $30 is necessarily worth it but I've been having fun with the game and over half of it was just Google rewards money anyways.

The real test will be what I pull with the 10 pull ticket. Next legfest will determine that.
Yeah that makes sense. I haven't even been playing for a week yet I don't think. Maybe next go around I'll be more inclined to take the plunge.

razterik

Being able to pick the exact character you need or want and get a 10 pull for $30 is positively generous compared to pulling randomly tens/hundreds/thousands of times for an exact match in other games. If you're going to spend money here, there probably isn't a better option than this.

Quonny

Being able to pick the exact character you need or want and get a 10 pull for $30 is positively generous compared to pulling randomly tens/hundreds/thousands of times for an exact match in other games. If you're going to spend money here, there probably isn't a better option than this.

It's the only thing I ever plan on spending money on. Games like this have enough RNG, gonna take advantage of the times when I can control it.

I think I fucked up. I thought I did the 10 pull, but where is this 'pick the character you want' thing?

Did you buy the Surprise Ticket or the Star Legend? The former gives you a 10-pull (no guarantees) + a "pick a SSR" ticket while the latter gives you a 10-pull with one guaranteed SSR.

Did you buy the Surprise Ticket or the Star Legend? The former gives you a 10-pull (no guarantees) + a "pick a SSR" ticket while the latter gives you a 10-pull with one guaranteed SSR.

Damnnnnn. I think I did the latter, ended up with Ghandagoza and a bunch of R stuff.

Any suggestions on who to pick with the ticket? Not sure about tiers and stuff here.

SougoXIII

Damnnnnn. I think I did the latter, ended up with Ghandagoza and a bunch of R stuff.

Any suggestions on who to pick with the ticket? Not sure about tiers and stuff here.

Depends on what you have and what element you want to focus on. Ultimately most people would tell you to pick who you like.

Anyways, here's a good tier list to go by if you're concern about the meta game: http://xiei.moe/games/granblue-fantasy/charactertierlists/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

As someone who has played dozens (literally) of different gacha games, over hundreds of hours, and spent who knows how much money, I can 100% say that getting the ability to select your unit for $30 is a fantastic deal (relatively speaking). There were times when I would spend $30 or more and get absolutely nothing. And by "times" I mean "almost always".

Along those same lines, is it worth using my ticket on a Yoda just to get better rewards on raids? I keep getting sniped and out-damaged on my own raids!

Depends on what you have and what element you want to focus on. Ultimately most people would tell you to pick who you like.

Anyways, here's a good tier list to go by if you're concern about the meta game: http://xiei.moe/games/granblue-fantasy/charactertierlists/

Characters, only SSR I have is Ghandagoza. SR I have only story characters until Eugen. My summons aren't real great, Hydra, Carbuncle, Proto Bahamut are my only SRs.

I've mainly been going Fire since that seems to be what I have the 'best' of at the moment. I'm only at Chapter 12 so I really don't know I'm doing yet.

Right now, I really only care about the meta instead of waifu time. Maybe that will come later.

SougoXIII

Characters, only SSR I have is Ghandagoza. SR I have only story characters until Eugen. My summons aren't real great, Hydra, Carbuncle, Proto Bahamut are my only SRs.

I've mainly been going Fire since that seems to be what I have the 'best' of at the moment. I'm only at Chapter 12 so I really don't know I'm doing yet.

For fire you definitely want Perceval for his fear move + DAMAGE. Afterward you'd want Clarisse and Yuel for the all star fire team. Ghanda used to be one of the worst characters in the game but they buffed him to decent tier now.

Natiko

Banned
As someone who has played dozens (literally) of different gacha games, over hundreds of hours, and spent who knows how much money, I can 100% say that getting the ability to select your unit for $30 is a fantastic deal (relatively speaking). There were times when I would spend $30 or more and get absolutely nothing. And by "times" I mean "almost always".

Along those same lines, is it worth using my ticket on a Yoda just to get better rewards on raids? I keep getting sniped and out-damaged on my own raids!
I suppose that's fair. I guess I was thinking more of the cost of a ten pull. It's the same cost for a normal ten pull as it is for the surprise ticket deal isn't it? I feel like most of the gacha games I've played haven't been quite that expensive for one 10 pull, but getting the guarantee with the ticket is a nice bonus. I'm not faulting anyone for buying anything though, I was just a bit surprised is all.

commish

I suppose that's fair. I guess I was thinking more of the cost of a ten pull. It's the same cost for a normal ten pull as it is for the surprise ticket deal isn't it? I feel like most of the gacha games I've played haven't been quite that expensive for one 10 pull, but getting the guarantee with the ticket is a nice bonus. I'm not faulting anyone for buying anything though, I was just a bit surprised is all.

I will admit that the cost is pretty high when you get mostly all fodder. If it wasn't for the guaranteed SSR that you pick, I would never spend that much for getting so little, especially when the game seems pretty generous in giving out free pulls.

Fishious

So is there a better place for a newbie to get dragon scales than six dragon trial (hard)? Seems like I get maybe 1 scale out of every 3 runs, and then it's not even the element I want. I already bought all the water scales at the co-op shop, too. Any ideas?

So is there a better place for a newbie to get dragon scales than six dragon trial (hard)? Seems like I get maybe 1 scale out of every 3 runs, and then it's not even the element I want. I already bought all the water scales at the co-op shop, too. Any ideas?

Use a thief and the treasure boosting skill. Honestly my best recommendation for farming anything. I went out of my way to grab raider exactly for farming since the treasure boost helps out a ton with getting more consistent chests, especially when you can get high stacks.

aitakute

vL5f3H2.jpg

Oh the dream I'm living!

muu

vL5f3H2.jpg

Oh the dream I'm living!

So, so, so jelly...

Yoda will speed up everything for you, def a top pick if you dont have him already. However, do note he won't save you from being outscored if you're unable to amass a decent number of points -- a wind team that's still arguably half-developed (one/two stars on most weaps, Magna fist / gun mix) can still dish out ~5mil damage = 50,000 pts in one turn during Assault Time against most elements -- Siete's Ougi buff (x1.5) and Petra's elemental buff (+0.5 to summon slot) stacks, also everyone and their dog has a maxed out Anat. Give 'em 3 turns to use Siete's Ability 3 and that's another set of 3-5mil damage.

You'll have plenty of time to do Magnas once you're able to solo them to a MVP'able state. I suggest being patient and waiting on those if you can't handle them yourself yet.

Price is pretty reasonable IMO. PAD, Terra Battle both have $5 pulls and aren't nearly as liberal w/ their giveaways.

commish

Besides the characters, is there anything to aim for for the SF event? Since I've only just started, I've been more focused on story missions and leveling. I did get the 2 loyalty characters though.

garath

It does. That's why it's one of the essential ex skill. -50% atk is no joke

I wish I had gone sidewinder before Hawkeye after getting dark fencer. I ran out of CP and have been trying to save the 500 to get sidewinder for a couple weeks now.

I really want arrow rain. The bounty hunter ability is nice and all but the decreased damage is huge.

For your own raids, just don't ask for help until you want it. When the screen pops up to ask for help, cancel it. When you've done enough damage for MVP or just feel like you've done all you can, you can hit the button in the lower left to bring the screen back and ask for help. That way you won't get people sniping MVP in your own raids.

Not really :( it's definitely one of those gates to progression.

commish

For your own raids, just don't ask for help until you want it. When the screen pops up to ask for help, cancel it. When you've done enough damage for MVP or just feel like you've done all you can, you can hit the button in the lower left to bring the screen back and ask for help. That way you won't get people sniping MVP in your own raids.

Ah, awesome! Thanks for the tip. Was driving me crazy.

Ultimadrago

I've been grinding SF Event so that I can get those Supreme Merit tickets. Gotta uncap Cagli again and soon.

Though 20000 ruppies is a high order. Any tips on getting a lot of them?

draw4wild

I've been grinding SF Event so that I can get those Supreme Merit tickets. Gotta uncap Cagli again and soon.

Though 20000 ruppies is a high order. Any tips on getting a lot of them?

Also, 10000 rubies for 1250 points in SFV is pretty easy to get and you can do it 3 times. I just run normal and use the multiplier for rounds 8,9,10 in case Seux shows up, it's 1200 points for 10ap

commish

How do I run co-op missions? I join rooms, hit ready, but the mission won't ever start...

Spiked

Neo Member
I really like that all of the character art gets changed when you uncap to 3 stars, especially that you can mix and match the different art for their portraits, chain attacks, etc.

captainpat

I'm I missing something here? Everytime I before I start I quest they let me pick these super powerful summons. Is there some draw back for using them?

Ranmo

I'm I missing something here? Everytime I before I start I quest they let me pick these super powerful summons. Is there some draw back for using them?

Nope. It's common for these gacha games to have some kind of guest mechanic where you select a summon or unit to aid you. It's great way to loosen difficulty and help new players out. Among other things.

Nope.
It's not even as bad in this game as in some others. Now that F/GO for example made it really easy to max your chars, most early game content is completely trivialized since you just get carried by supports. And as such, all the new quests are pretty much requiring near maxed out teams to balance the power creep... Dem newbies will never understand the pain of Wyverns in france chapter... nor will they get what "Kojirou, savior of france" even means.

garath

Yay. MVP'd my first omega - Yggdrasil. Wasn't the easiest thing in the world but my wind team and Rosetta's rose barrier made it possible. Took awhile though. I still have a long way to go until I'm sniping MVPs for other people's raids.

kiryogi

Banned
Yay. MVP'd my first omega - Yggdrasil. Wasn't the easiest thing in the world but my wind team and Rosetta's rose barrier made it possible. Took awhile though. I still have a long way to go until I'm sniping MVPs for other people's raids.
You newbies are growing
Congrats.

garath

You newbies are growing
Congrats.

:)

Too bad didn't get anything good. But at least it's something I can replicate. Took about 15 min to kill her. Could probably just go with the MVP after about 10 and open the raid up.

Probably can't do it for anything other than earth yet. Need better weapon pool.

Also how much stronger do the characters get with levels? That's always confused me. Other than getting new skills or enhanced skills at 45,55 and 75, do they actually get stronger attack or anything? Or does it depend on the weapon pool more than levels? My wind team is around level 65 now. All at 3 stars.

commish

:)
Also how much stronger do the characters get with levels? That's always confused me. Other than getting new skills or enhanced skills at 45,55 and 75, do they actually get stronger attack or anything? Or does it depend on the weapon pool more than levels? My wind team is around level 65 now. All at 3 stars.

I was wondering this as well. Also, is it common to play and not receive any XP for your characters (bc they are currently at max)? I feel like I'm wasting XP but I can't uncap them all.

Top Bottom