• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Azusa

I was wondering this as well. Also, is it common to play and not receive any XP for your characters (bc they are currently at max)? I feel like I'm wasting XP but I can't uncap them all.

Yeah its common until you get your first lvl 100 chars. You will level them for a few month.

:)

Too bad didn't get anything good. But at least it's something I can replicate. Took about 15 min to kill her. Could probably just go with the MVP after about 10 and open the raid up.

Probably can't do it for anything other than earth yet. Need better weapon pool.

Also how much stronger do the characters get with levels? That's always confused me. Other than getting new skills or enhanced skills at 45,55 and 75, do they actually get stronger attack or anything? Or does it depend on the weapon pool more than levels? My wind team is around level 65 now. All at 3 stars.

Depends. Some chars get just a little buff to skills, other chars (with additions 5th star) could get a new skill, skill revamp or a new passive. As for +attak/hp its almost the same for all chars. Some have a little more. To improve your chars just get better weapon pool

New player here and trying to reroll, after about the 10th time I'm getting "there was an error in the request parameters" when trying to use a new salted email address no matter what I use. Do they keep track of IP addresses and eventually block someone who is registering a lot of accounts from the same address? I'm at a loss here...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
New player here and trying to reroll, after about the 10th time I'm getting "there was an error in the request parameters" when trying to use a new salted email address no matter what I use. Do they keep track of IP addresses and eventually block someone who is registering a lot of accounts from the same address? I'm at a loss here...

Yeah, I believe that is the case. You can only reroll so many times, someone else said.

garath

Yep. After the massive rerolling that went on for the 10mil event it looks like they put an IP block after 10.

Thanks guys, any chance there's a "cooldown" period? Otherwise, oh well, maybe for the best that I don't get addicted to draws too easily here ;)

Merun

About the showdown battle, when or how do they switch? I would like to get the other SR while AP is halved but right now I'm stuck to Celeste.

Fishious

Use a thief and the treasure boosting skill. Honestly my best recommendation for farming anything. I went out of my way to grab raider exactly for farming since the treasure boost helps out a ton with getting more consistent chests, especially when you can get high stacks.

Not really :( it's definitely one of those gates to progression.

Thanks for the info. I figured this was one of those things meant to gate progress, but since there's so much stuff in this game I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. The thief skill did help enough to get me the mats for 1 more uncap.

Are those element themed extreme trials a better option later on? And if so about what rank is it possible to do those.

So, about that party making.

My current Fire team is:

1. Clarisse
2. Karin
3. Alec
4. Teena
5. Theresa

So, I've been told Alec is better option overall... But I kinda dig Teena's design. Would it be manageable if I move her to the front? Or would that criple the team too much?

garath

Thanks for the info. I figured this was one of those things meant to gate progress, but since there's so much stuff in this game I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. The thief skill did help enough to get me the mats for 1 more uncap.

Are those element themed extreme trials a better option later on? And if so about what rank is it possible to do those.

I haven't tried the extreme myself. Haven't really needed it. I got gated slightly by the wind component but got through it. Over time you'll also get those scales as drops from omegas too. It's not super common but it will happen.

frozencool

Neo Member
Is there any way to purchase the tickets if you're playing on iOS? I jumped through the hoops to put the game on my iPhone and only that, and would like to actually get the ability to pick one SSR just because with the amounts they let you purchase it ends up letting you take advantage of all those other beginner draw deals as well.

Ranmo

So, about that party making.

My current Fire team is:

1. Clarisse
2. Karin
3. Alec
4. Teena
5. Theresa

So, I've been told Alec is better option overall... But I kinda dig Teena's design. Would it be manageable if I move her to the front? Or would that criple the team too much?

Teena's in my front line among my SSRs. Wynaut just use her in front until you reach a battle that you feel she's holding you back on? Have your cake and eat it too!

On that note I will probably never replace her. Unless she gets an SSR.

commish

Is there any way to purchase the tickets if you're playing on iOS? I jumped through the hoops to put the game on my iPhone and only that, and would like to actually get the ability to pick one SSR just because with the amounts they let you purchase it ends up letting you take advantage of all those other beginner draw deals as well.

Yeah you can buy mobage coins from places like playasia. Pretty simple and painless to add to your account.

Teena's in my front line among my SSRs. Wynaut just use her in front until you reach a battle that you feel she's holding you back on? Have your cake and eat it too!

On that note I will probably never replace her. Unless she gets an SSR.

Jesus, when I said I like her design, i didn't even really look at the full artwork... As an Ass Man, she's definitely earned a permanent front line place in my team

Razzorn34

So, I decide to go Dark, and pick up a Dark SSR character from the pick event. Since then, I have yet to get another Dark character from any premium rolls. FML. I swear I'm going to be stuck with a rainbow team for a long time.

Ranmo

Jesus, when I said I like her design, i didn't even really look at the full artwork... As an Ass Man, she's definitely earned a permanent front line place in my team

May as well put her on your home page while you're at it too. Look at booty before you begin to quest for booty.

commish

So, I decide to go Dark, and pick up a Dark SSR character from the pick event. Since then, I have yet to get another Dark character from any premium rolls. FML. I swear I'm going to be stuck with a rainbow team for a long time.

You can use my Order Grande :p

razterik

Haven't done it yet, but you should be able to add JP itunes credit to your new JP account that you can buy from PlayAsia, JP code supply, etc. Then try to purchase the ticket through the iOS app, click the buy Mobacoin button (top button on bottom of grey screen) and it will give you several package options to purchase using iTunes. Make sure to pick an option that gives >3000. Or that's how it should work in theory. I'm planning to try later today if I get time.

chrono01

Damnnnnn. I think I did the latter, ended up with Ghandagoza and a bunch of R stuff.

Any suggestions on who to pick with the ticket? Not sure about tiers and stuff here.
Just to be sure, when you pick up your Surprise Ticket you have to actually go back into the Surprise Ticket banner, click the ticket tab, and then choose the character you want. It's not automatic, so it's still possible you purchased the Surprise Ticket.

Do you remember picking up a ticket from your mailbox? It will have been in the second tab if you did (the ten-pull gatcha ticket would have been in the first tab).

What's the difference between the "Beginners Draw Set" and the "Special Draw Set"? The rewards look the same, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Also, and I'm sorry if this is covered elsewhere, but this game is a little overwhelming initially, but for picking my SSR character, should I be diversifying if I already scored a Fire based SSR (Metera)? I was kind of thinking of grabbing Yuel with my Pick Ticket but wasn't sure if I should start going all in on Fire when I'm just getting going. Thoughts?

Merun

Haven't seen you since chain chronicle ages ago. Just start granblue? :)

Indeed. I kind of stop some game abruptly and didn't pick any other mobage since CC but I was always interested in GBF. I started with English patch. Good to see some folks once again :)

So far, lacking a SSR summon. Also, hesitating between making a wind and light team first.

Light: I have Ferry and Io. Amira or Jeanne would complete nicely. Amira would feed the other 2 ougi and with Ferry's lvl 45 buff, it would hurt followed by buffed up full burst if I get Clear All on MC to remove the debuff. Jeanne could help at building the same thing ( albeit slower ) with her triple attack for 2 turns and she is more versatile with her buff/debuff.

Wind team: Birdman and Sutera. From there, I could get Petra... actually forget it, I feel more like finishing my Light team even though it's harder.

Indeed. I kind of stop some game abruptly and didn't pick any other mobage since CC but I was always interested in GBF. I started with English patch. Good to see some folks once again :)

So far, lacking a SSR summon. Also, hesitating between making a wind and light team first.

Light: I have Ferry and Io. Amira or Jeanne would complete nicely. Amira would feed the other 2 ougi and with Ferry's lvl 45 buff, it would hurt followed by buffed up full burst if I get Clear All on MC to remove the debuff. Jeanne could help at building the same thing ( albeit slower ) with her triple attack for 2 turns and she is more versatile with her buff/debuff.

Wind team: Birdman and Sutera. From there, I could get Petra... actually forget it, I feel more like finishing my Light team even though it's harder.

I'm in a similar-ish situation. I have Ferry and Seruel, so grabbing Amira of Jeanne would round out a light team. On the other hand, I have Clarisse, so picking up Percival would give me a solid fire base. On that note, I have no light SRs while I do have some Fire SRs.

If I could, I'd like to grab SSR Amira and SSR Vira, then use Odin as a summon for that sweet 75% dark/light boost when they switch modes, but that isn't something I'm likely to aim for, since it will likely require ticketing.

KimChi

I got Tiamet Omega from leeching an omega raid. Does her aura just buff a certain unit's skill? If so is she better to have as a sub instead of main summon?

Noi

I read tons of times that picking Dark as a main element at first would be a really rough and bumpy road, but my SSR picks during re-roll fest gave me SSR Vira, I pulled Satan during the recent boosted SSR summon rates and my first few Omega Weapon drops have been Celeste Omega's.

It's like the game knows that i'm a sick masochist.

Faynwulf

How rare is it to get a Summon to drop after a Raid? Because this just happened:

10upH8z.png

frozencool

Neo Member
So I've been peering through the tier lists and I happened upon Yoda.

If I understand this correctly.... Every 4 turns this little guy turns into one punch man?

garath

Off the top of anyone's head, what is a bigger boost: getting a single skill point from 3 to 4 on an SSR weapon or getting two skill points from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 on a SR weapon?

Edit: holy. I just reread the weapon optimization guide. It makes my head hurt every time. I think I'm missing out not using tiamat in my summon pool though. Might increase my damage because of my magna weapons in my pool? Oy.

And the skill ups seem to be a flat percent each time. So two skill up better than one. As long as I don't have to drop that weapon at some point soon.

It's the very next event after Street fighter

Good. I'm ready to burn every elixer I have to start on siete. Last GW I managed about 1000 points but not a single sword drop. :/ this time it's grind time.

what's a guild war?

From the ultimate guide since no one reads it.

The most fun event.... said no one ever, lol... I'm just kidding, it is not that bad. It can be very competitive so it puts a lot of pressure on people. The rewards are really good that is why, not to mention people hate losing. It is similar to story events, in that it also has an event gacha, medals, and point collecting. No free characters though sadly.

Alright, so the basic idea is you go to war with another guild, who hopefully is close to your strength. Sometimes the matchmaking is very bad and you get placed against people you have no chance against. Don't sweat it and just focus on gathering mats to open raids for next match. Who ever gets the most points by the end of the day wins! The event usually takes place from 7am JST to 12am JST. That is a total of 17 hours.

Important milestones are at 3 and 5 wins. At 3 wins you get a special character ticket that you can pull. Priority is given to characters that you don't have, but you have to roll for rarity first. So it is just like legend gacha, but with characters only and no dupes. In the case that you have all characters of a given rarity, you will get a lb book instead. At 5 wins you get a SSR lb summon item, very very good and also very very hard to get.

kiryogi

Banned
Realistically, for everyone starting off, don't worry about the actual competitive aspect of it. The rest of it runs like a normal event, farm tickets, farm the event gacha. The difference here is that you get to pick a Guild War weapon, which ultimately can become one of the best characters in game after awakening it.

Your goal as new players if possible, is to farm all 4 copies of that weapon. It also gives a nice boost to starting light players.

akern1984

Neo Member
Good morning fellow gaffers, at last the cooldown period is over. Freaking Limit could you send the invite for the 4th gafguild. Thanks inadvance.

Anko

I've tried reading the weapon and summon optimisation guide but it's kind of going over my head.

1. Like what's the difference between a character summon and an elemental summon? Maybe I should switch back to Japanese because I'm not sure the English text is totally right and it's confusing the hell out of me.

2. I've gotten a few SR water magna weapons for my weapon pool, added the SF ultra gloves, and leveled some the skills for my SSR char weapons but I'm not feeling much of a boost to my damage anymore. Is the next step to progression the SSR magna weapons?

3. Now that I've had a few magna weapons (3-4), when does it become more beneficial to use Magna summons instead of elemental/character summons?

Spiked

Neo Member
Getting Magisa to 3 stars has just made my homepage incredibly lovely. I really like the design of this character, reminds me of the witch from Dragon's Crown. Her new art from 3 stars just seals the deal. :)

7LVuVLZ.png

akern1984

Neo Member
Thanks for the replay Freaking Limit. It's strange, the counter is over. Butt it will reminder you.

Could you give the name of the guild. I willen try-out to search it and give it a try alsof. Thanks inadvance.

Ultimadrago

Getting Magisa to 3 stars has just made my homepage incredibly lovely. I really like the design of this character, reminds me of the witch from Dragon's Crown. Her new art from 3 stars just seals the deal. :)

7LVuVLZ.png

I have Magisa too. It's a shame that I'll never see her 3 and 5 stars on my page as she's not my element. Still, I like her all the same~

I have Magisa too. It's a shame that I'll never see her 3 and 5 stars on my page as she's not my element. Still, I like her all the same~

Just swap to a team she is on, set her to the front page then swap back to a team you do use. The front page person isn't required to be on your current team, just have to have them.

Noi

That feel when you realize that FANG Extreme is a chump thanks to Vira's party debuff immunity. His charge attacks dont even worry me anymore cause no one gets poisoned, he doesn't have an insta-recharge like Vega, and the attacks themselves do piddly damage.

Top Bottom