• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

slash3584

My character:

0_0.jpg

Really hope it doesn't get deleted, I got up to level 6.

Blonde Christian Bale

Is he a vigilante at night?

jediyoshi

With about $21,000 in the bank, each death costs $1,000.

Is it just percentage based off your total cash? Or maybe just what you have on hand.
Would make sense if that's the case, haven't been rolling with more than around $8k at any point

Is it just percentage based off your total cash? Or maybe just what you have on hand.
Would make sense if that's the case, haven't been rolling with more than around $8k at any point
It takes it directly from your bank and it's percentage based just like single player. It's a big chunk of cash when you're trying to save for an apartment.

I'm wondering if it was done on purpose to help push the buying of fake money with real money.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
There are two garages in east lost santos, two cars a piece, going for about 2500.

I actually had to use the actual paper map, going off a google search, The guy listed actual addresses, but the MP map doesn't give every street name under the start menu view. fun stuff!

Going to sell my semi-tricked out car and go for a faster one, and get a motorcycle until I can afford a 6 car garage. I don't really see a point in owning a 10 car garage

J4g3r

What's the current status on PS3, does it seem to be working?

Don't want to run the risk of deleting my character again... :/

Toothpick

Some of the things you can do online man.. Earlier I was passing by a gas station and I noticed someone was inside robbing it. I waited outside in my car and when he came out running, I blindsided him with my car and grabbed around $2000 from his body LOL.

Another time, i was with 2 buds heading to the strip club and as we got there someone was walking out the door. We ran at him and beat him down with our fists as he was opening the door to his car. He respawned and came back at us shooting haha. Cops got involved too.

Bsigg12

There's a mission unlocked at rank 15 that nets 9k for passing it. I got in with a level 16 guy and we kept replaying it and I went from 30k to 90k in half an hour.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Some of the things you can do online man.. Earlier I was passing by a gas station and I noticed someone was inside robbing it. I waited outside in my car and when he came out running, I blindsided him with my car and grabbed around $2000 from his body LOL.

Another time, i was with 2 buds heading to the strip club and as we got there someone was walking out the door. We ran at him and beat him down with our fists as he was opening the door to his car. He respawned and came back at us shooting haha. Cops got involved too.

Lol, you're the reason why people don't want to play!

As for picking up cash, I can only seem to snag 100 dollars from players when i kill them. bummer.

Oh, and lol. You don't have to go to ATMs to deposit money. Just use your cell phone under "money/finances" online... there's a bank link, and a deposit button. -_-

RaikuHebi

Banned
So what am I supposed to be doing right now. There are these jobs, multiplayer maps in other words, and not enough people get matchmaked to them. I just want to play solo as if it were a GTAV expansion. Do I just rob stores until I get another call from a NPC?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So what am I supposed to be doing right now. There are these jobs, multiplayer maps in other words, and not enough people get matchmaked to them. I just want to play solo as if it were a GTAV expansion. Do I just rob stores until I get another call from a NPC?

You can call specific NPCs and ask for jobs.

dreamfall

As for picking up cash, I can only seem to snag 100 dollars from players when i kill them. bummer.

Oh, and lol. You don't have to go to ATMs to deposit money. Just use your cell phone under "money/finances" online... there's a bank link, and a deposit button. -_-

Whaaaat?! No way! No more frantically trying to get to an ATM with 40g's in pockets? No more apprehension?!

Lol, after beating a bike race the voting countdown loaded blank and upon reaching 0 the count down went -0, -1, -2, and -3 and then reset. Quit button didn't work so we all had to sign out.

Auto aim should be disabled in multiplayer, just like it should have been in RDR. Instead it just creates this whack-a-mole environment, for which I care very little.

jediyoshi

It takes it directly from your bank and it's percentage based just like single player. It's a big chunk of cash when you're trying to save for an apartment.

I'm wondering if it was done on purpose to help push the buying of fake money with real money.

Alright, just ran through a DM match.

Before the match I had $670 in hand, $10636 bank.

Going into it (after prematch purchases), I had a total of $10,706.

Got first place with 15 kills and 10 deaths. Win prize was $3,400.

Final total after the match: $14,081 (in hand+bank).

Someone want to run these percentages up for me?

Toothpick

Hey hey, this is GRAND THEFT AUTO. Not My Little Pony Play Nice Adventure haha. But seriously, most people I've encountered in random freeroam have tried to gun me down as i go about my business. I love the chaos though haha.

I deposit most of my on hand cash through the phone asap. I think I would have had nearly 50k by now if I wasn't wasting so much on ammo and through deathmatches.

i'll probably stick to races only at the moment. DM, TDM and LTS haven't been much fun and now that i know about the penalty for deaths, ill play them even less..

KAP151

Yeah, ive lost a lot of cash due to deaths. A poor decision by R* IMO.

I need another 40K for my (near) beach apartment.

Alright, just ran through a DM match.

Before the match I had $670 in hand, $10636 bank.

Going into it (after prematch purchases), I had a total of $10,706.

Got first place with 15 kills and 10 deaths. Win prize was $3,400.

Final total after the match: $14,081 (in hand+bank).

Someone want to run these percentages up for me?
Open the bank website on your phone and go to the transaction log, it will tell you how much you were charged.

Toothpick

Is the 360 version of this okay?? Im afraid to get on for fear of losing my single player progress.

I played most of the day yesterday (October 2nd) and I didn't have too many problems.

I disabled auto-save in single player and made multiple saves for my progress just to be safe. No problems so far.

Feorax

I'm getting a weird glitch when I try to start the tutorial race mission Solo. My guy automatically walks to the start point, and then the cut scene starts where the car gets dropped off.

The blurred city flashes up for a second, and then cuts to real time where the car pops out of the world, and my guy is just standing in the blue start point. the cut scene re-starts, and then the game just hangs on the blurred city, loading.

I've re-downloaded the 1.01 update, but it's still doing the same thing.

So frustrating.

dn9FMpw.jpg

Well it seems to be working for me now. I just deleted the update and re downloaded it (PS3 version here).

I guess the GAF crew is all full up?

Minto

I'm actually kinda glad that I've been working all week till 10pm as I've missed the frustration a lot of you guys have came across trying to get online with this. Funny thing is I'm sure the weekend will be even worse!

duckroll

Played a bunch with the AnimeGAF crew today. When it works, its really fun, But I think Rockstar needs to implement some sort of proper party system in the game where players can be aligned in freeroam mode without unintended "friendly fire". For example, when 4 guys are all in a tiny store robbing it together, if someone hits the attack button intending to shoot the storekeeper, what is more likely to happen is that he'll pistolwhip and kill an ally. It's FUCKING STUPID. Lol.

Played a few solid hours on PS3 just now.

Ran a lot smoother than before, but I really don't care for GTA Online's concept overall. A lot of trouble for a mode that's essentially GTA with a customizable character and a shit load of players you can't mute. Kind of undermines the product.

I thought I read earlier in the thread that you could mute people by hitting start, going to online tab and player list.

Edit: Realized I didn't refresh and that comment was probably hours ago. Oh well.

Future

Ok.

If I get an error launching a mission, why not attempt to return me to free roam and instead boot me to sp?

If I choose to join random mission, when its over why not give me the option to join another random instead of auto loading free roam?

So many unnecessary zooming to the clouds and loading.

harrytang

All I want to do is get past the tutorial so I can join my friend. If I get stuck at "launching session" message at 5am I do not stand a chance at 5pm when I'm off work.

duckroll

If Simeon contacts you in Freeroam mode to steal a car for him (not a Mission, just a marking on the map), you should totally do it. I grabbed a car from the golf course parking lot, resprayed it, delivered it to the docks, and it was $9.8k.

CrovaxPSO

If Simeon contacts you in Freeroam mode to steal a car for him (not a Mission, just a marking on the map), you should totally do it. I grabbed a car from the golf course parking lot, resprayed it, delivered it to the docks, and it was $9.8k.

The amount you get for those cars is lower if they're banged up, so drive safe!

Edit: Actually I'm not sure if getting a call for one specific car is the same as what I'm thinking of. I got a text from him with four or five different cars, and when I delivered one of those damaged I got a reduced payment.

duckroll

The amount you get for those cars is lower if they're banged up, so drive safe!

Edit: Actually I'm not sure if getting a call for one specific car is the same as what I'm thinking of. I got a text from him with four or five different cars, and when I delivered one of those damaged I got a reduced payment.

I got the text first. I ignored it. Haven't even done that yet. But later he tells me there's a specific high value vehicle he needs, and it gets marked on the map. You have to steal it, go to a spray and paint and get it repainted (out of your own pocket) and then deliver it. I think these pay more.

Top Bottom