• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Zep

Banned
Good game with Riggs and some others tonight. Shit was fun and the co-op missions are NOT a cake walk. Might have more to do with the low levels we were at but still this was worth the 2 week+1 day wait.

CrovaxPSO

I got the text first. I ignored it. Haven't even done that yet. But later he tells me there's a specific high value vehicle he needs, and it gets marked on the map. You have to steal it, go to a spray and paint and get it repainted (out of your own pocket) and then deliver it. I think these pay more.

I delivered one of the luxury cars from the text and had to do the same thing, get it sprayed and then taken to the docks. When I delivered it, the guy commented on how banged up it was and I only got about $4000. Funny thing is, it was kind of a bonus because the car I stole to get away after robbing a store just happened to be one from his text.

Siegmeyer

360 (UK).

Day 3, have yet to get to the tutorial race.

Same (although PS3, UK, digital).

Have tried maybe 50+ times, farthest I get is getting in the car and then the game hangs on an out of focus shot of the city. Have tried all the methods suggested in this thread to get it to work, no joy yet.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Auto aim should be disabled in multiplayer, just like it should have been in RDR. Instead it just creates this whack-a-mole environment, for which I care very little.

This might have been answered in the couple hours since you posted it, but it bears repeating as much as possible:

YOU CAN GET FREE AIM IN MULTI IF YOU SET YOUR SP SETTINGS TO 'FREE AIM'. It puts you into lobbies based on your SP settings apparently.

Spread the word.

ViviOggi

Got to play for an hour or so, enjoyed it more than I expected even with so little stuff unlocked.

0_0.jpg

My lady

Lisker

Ï got to play a few hours and it was fun. Matchmaking was still ass, but at least I got to go online. Now all they have to do if keep improving it on both platforms.

Anyone else notice the steets are a lot emptier online? Is this a setting the host can chose? I just found traffic and pedestrians sparce.

doby

Seems joining lobbys is more smooth today but getting a job to actually launch is like pulling teeth! Timeouts, being kicked from lobby (for no reason?!), and just sitting there forever as host with no one joining :/

whiteape

The game always stucks at Cypress Flats: LTS for me. Loading for 15 minutes now. Third character, always deleted after that missionloading :(

Not being able to buy cash cards is becoming a real determent. I need to buy an apartment quick so I have a place to bring strippers home and bang them

And as for getting into the military base, I just used a helicopter found at the airport to get in. Got into a jet and was able to fly it around for a little bit but I couldn't fire anything. Kept pressing the bumper buttons and nothing worked. Don't know if it had anything to do with the lock-on

Gawge

I lost my character last night, and it still hasn't returned. Am I going to have to make another, and go through the tutorials again?

doby

I lost my character last night, and it still hasn't returned. Am I going to have to make another, and go through the tutorials again?

Im still waiting for my slot one character to come back, nearly 20 hours MIA now. Yeh you've gotta redo tuts if you create a new one.

Tc91

Game is still being shit for me. Stuck on launching session at the Lamaar race.

How do you delete the update from the PS3?

Why do all the missions have teams? I thought there would be co-op. Is there any co-op? And what else can you do besides the 8 or so missions and stealing money from the 7-11 look a likes?

ViviOggi

so, whats the BEST mission you guys have played online?

Not a mission but my Top Fun session was sick. Played 2 bikers vs 3 jet pilots, my partner got wasted one mile in, I dodged rockets riding over Vinewood Hills until I fell off my bike which ended up stuck in a swimming pool, stole a car and managed to reach the docks five miles away unharmed. One of the jet guys crashed into a bridge halfway through.

Top fun.

Why do all the missions have teams? I thought there would be co-op. Is there any co-op? And what else can you do besides the 8 or so missions and stealing money from the 7-11 look a likes?

I played a mission with two others where we had to steal a package of meth from the Lost. More mission types are unlocked by ranking up I think.

Ok so I just played my first death match, joined from the pause and the jobs option,

4 kills 4 deaths, backed out to free Rome afterwards checked my bank transactions and no hospital bills, I hope it's like this always and not just a lucky escape, still sitting on 100k

Also I only earned $1400 for my death match it would be disgraceful if with 4 kills 4 deaths I ended up with less money than I started with

Gawge

Just deleted and redownloaded the patch - doubt it will bring my character back, but worth a try. If it doesn't, i'll give it another hour or two (was working best around 1pm UK time yesterday) - and then make another.

Anybody notice any difference between going straight into multiplayer (x when starting up), and going into multiplayer via the directional buttons?

Edit: Yeah, it didn't work. I'll give it another hour, then force myself through the tutorials again.

Tc91

I found the patch in game data utility it was the top GTA one, just press triangle and check it's 39MB before you delete one.

Redownloading now.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
God damn, I got on, everything was fine, did a race and carried on. Then bloody PSN signed out throwing me out of online, and now the R* Cloud Servers are unavailable in the space of a minute.

anx10us

Banned
Ok so I just played my first death match, joined from the pause and the jobs option,

4 kills 4 deaths, backed out to free Rome afterwards checked my bank transactions and no hospital bills, I hope it's like this always and not just a lucky escape, still sitting on 100k

Also I only earned $1400 for my death match it would be disgraceful if with 4 kills 4 deaths I ended up with less money than I started with

I'm confused about this, I thought (but I could be wrong) that you get a Hospital bill for each death, al least thats what my bank statement showed.

My thoughts are the same as yours, you could end up losing money in a Deathmatch, especially a lengthy one ...

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
And my character has disappeared again, jesus, it isn't the leveling up that is annoying, it is the losing my bank account money and then having to do the whole character creator that doesn't look like ass.

Will have to take photos this time of my settings so if this does happen again, I don't have to mess around to find a good face.

Ploid 3.0

I got to level 10, full upgrades on shotgun, pistol and sub machine gun for level 10, and I have 47k. I better not return to a lost character later today. I'm actually liking the missions now, it might be more interesting than GTAV stuff since you rank up, get money(!), and JPoints.

I also get a lot of stealth points by doing those missions solo. I wonder what stealth levels effect though. Let's you run faster in stealth?

OlympicTechno

Neo Member
Every time the loading screen comes on which lets you choose between Story Mode and Online, it gives me about a one second window to press A, after that it just says loading Story Mode.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm confused about this, I thought (but I could be wrong) that you get a Hospital bill for each death, al least thats what my bank statement showed.

My thoughts are the same as yours, you could end up losing money in a Deathmatch, especially a lengthy one ...

Just tried a death match again 10/6 checked my bank after and no hospital bill, I joined by using my phone this time

Il try one by driving to it in free Rome, my games were using soft lock as well which sucks.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight I learned you can kill the cashier and get the money yourself twice as fast.

I learned that because I robbed a guy while with chop. chop attacked him and then he tried to run. I had to murder him. 2 stars.

Spinluck

The MP worked near perfect for me for about 2hrs.

So much damn fun, played a bunch of stuff with some buddies. Sooo many lulz in one night. Hoping it's this smooth tomorrow.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I got to level 10, full upgrades on shotgun, pistol and sub machine gun for level 10, and I have 47k. I better not return to a lost character later today. I'm actually liking the missions now, it might be more interesting than GTAV stuff since you rank up, get money(!), and JPoints.

I also get a lot of stealth points by doing those missions solo. I wonder what stealth levels effect though. Let's you run faster in stealth?

So what is a good way to level up and get money?
I'm getting tired of doing these first few levels over and over, lol, and seemingly I've lost my first 15k at this point.

Also, did you do the mission with the hillbillies and stealing their caravan? those guys has annoyingly good aim, I killed them all and got half way down the street before being annihilated.

You lose money for death matches? :/ Really?

Oh we'll I didn't know you could sell hijacked cars to LSCustoms for 6k, before I was just grinding races. Also I can't upload photos, it gives me an error message that online services have been disabled for my account. Any tips on how to fix it assuming its not a server problem?

Finally made enough cash to grab an apartment. When you get it you also get access to a mechanic who will deliver your car to you for $50.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

So has anyones previous Slot 1 characters returned if they have a Slot 2 character also? My Slot 1 character disappeared last night so I made a Slot 2 character who stuck around when I started leaving / returning. Made me nervous.

At work now so no chance to check it out.

Top Bottom