• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

KAP151

Oh man.

I incited a riot.

I camped 2 guys robbing stores by landing a helicopter on the roof opposite and sniping them as they came out. Suddenly I had a bounty on my head and had at least 6 other join in and chase me.

I survived and got the achievement.

Good times.

+1 for the selfies.

0_0.jpg

I just got kicked from a game for harassing people with the jet. Fun times.
Apparently any one can kick any one out of the free roam, no vote required. Sounds broken.

BigDug13

I've been waiting for the first tutorial race to load on PS3 for 9 minutes now. I deleted the patch and redownloaded it beforehand and it doesn't seem to help. The electronic mix track is so good that I've been listening to it while gaffing but I don't think it's going to ever load.

Why is the PS3 so horrible for the online portion?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Finally managed to escape a bounty for 24 game hours. Used the quartz mine to hide.
OH NO

Oh

oh no
Now I feel terrible

someone had a bounty in the server I was dicking around in. We crossed paths... I shot his car up and all he did was flip me off. I don't think he was actually out of ammo... oh no

oh nooooo

ZenVolta

Jesus, there's sooooo much loading and waiting to start missions.

Theres tons of loading period. Missions, end of rounds, logging in, everything you do takes a bit of waiting. My guess is that its the effect of slow servers for players who are in game already.

FrsDvl

I've been waiting for the first tutorial race to load on PS3 for 9 minutes now. I deleted the patch and redownloaded it beforehand and it doesn't seem to help. The electronic mix track is so good that I've been listening to it while gaffing but I don't think it's going to ever load.

Why is the PS3 so horrible for the online portion?

Do it solo, go to start menu > online > play whatever > solo game. That's how I got the first few missions done. After that, online will work as intended.

dreamfall

I'll tell ya- I'm making more money off of recreational activities like racing/parachuting. Feels so relaxing! Gaz & I GFST representin'!

Holy crap. The online apartments with the shower is simply amazing. Getting 3 or 4 people in a shower together all singing different songs is hilarious.
Now just to find some more money to buy my own apartment.

akaoni

Banned
I can join random games using my phone and stuff. Things seem to be in working order. Thanks Eusis for that invite earlier. Just my internet goofing up now!

Reave

Played a few solid hours on PS3 just now.

Ran a lot smoother than before, but I really don't care for GTA Online's concept overall. A lot of trouble for a mode that's essentially GTA with a customizable character and a shit load of players you can't mute. Kind of undermines the product.

Wow, I was actually able to get some good time in online. (PS3)

Until tonight I wasnt able to get into the first race. Then I tried doing all that tutorial crap solo and boom! Now I can play online without much trouble, just had to get past all that.

Gaz, you playing PS3 or 360?

KAOz

Short bus special
Cant get past the race either. Fuck.

Redownloaded patch, picking Solo game. Loops the intro of the race, see a menu for two seconds, then back to blurry electronica.

Damnit.

Kyzon

Hmm it seems like the singleplayer easter eggs have new requirements. I went to the
Hippy UFO
and it never appeared but the effects of being near it did.

slash3584

Finally made it, but my character became a man with a woman's head lol.

Is this permanent? Or it's just a server loading problem or something?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Aim assist is killing the game for me right now, can you really opt out by disabling it in SP before going online?

Yeah, I need to change it now. I was in free aim but when I joined some matches I got thrown into aim assist and am stuck on it now.

xJavonta

Banned
Played for a few hours with a friend. Robbed a few stores, made a few wager races, and just had a blast doing it

This thanksgiving break when the school workload is gone is gonna be funnnnn.

Top Bottom