• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

DogMeat77

Finally I am having some fun with GTAO. Ran a few races, did a few missions, robbed some stores, and played some tennis with fellow GAF. I'm not concerned about my character being deleted but I hope my bank account stays intact.

Mikey Jr.

This might have been answered in the couple hours since you posted it, but it bears repeating as much as possible:

YOU CAN GET FREE AIM IN MULTI IF YOU SET YOUR SP SETTINGS TO 'FREE AIM'. It puts you into lobbies based on your SP settings apparently.

Spread the word.

Is this why I am having a hard time finding players? Everyone is using aim assist?

Ploid 3.0

So what is a good way to level up and get money?
I'm getting tired of doing these first few levels over and over, lol, and seemingly I've lost my first 15k at this point.

Also, did you do the mission with the hillbillies and stealing their caravan? those guys has annoyingly good aim, I killed them all and got half way down the street before being annihilated.

For money at first I robbed places. The trick with going to the PSN/Xbox store to get rid of the wanted level took too long (sticks in the clouds looking for a room), and after I would be put in a map full of people so I didn't do that. I just robbed them normally.

At level 5 I just started doing the jobs, I spammed the River Job with the drug exchange between two gangs.

At level 7 I moved to the quest you're talking about with the hillbillies. I like it, I take out the dude in front of the store from his right blind side far away. Then I go across to the far left side and take out the guy in front of the trailer on his left blind side. And then the guy in the elevated balcony behind him. After that I take out a guy on a roof at distance with silenced pistol again (forgot to mention I was sneaking and using silence pistol so far) then try to hit the gas can and use shot gun for the running melee guys that was standing in front of the RV (wile out of sight of the living guys on the roof). I take out the remaining roof guys from behind cover and get up close if I need to. There are two guys inside the store, one goes up to the roof behind the glass sometimes.

After clearing that out, my car in the way of the bikers that will trigger when I move the RV, I get ready for them. I move the van up and to the left to try to make a bit of a bottleneck with my car being a buffer that they have to walk around. I get out of the van before the bikers get close enough to shoot me and I use that storage unit as cover. I take them out and keep East not following that yellow line. I approach the destination from behind those hills.

There's only one other encounter after the bikers on the route I use. I face them just like I face the bikers. I move the RV to the far left of them to almost have it perpendicular to us, creating cover for me. I take them out and continue to the hills. They confront me right before the train tracks.

Easy money, Rep points, JPoints, and fun.

Edit: These missions brings back the old school GTA missions, you can do them how you like, no set pieces like the story that prevents creativity. Like my behind the hills route for the RV drop off. In a mission I would probably get a error for trying to take that kind of route, skipping extra enemies.

Weeee, just got my apartment too!

HzxKBe0.jpg

ELPoZ0o.jpg

From what I can tell, it seems like there are 3 tiers of apartments (10, 6, and 2-car garage) and each tier has a specific layout. They only differ in location, floor, and view. I kind of like the 6-car apartment though. Looks homey.

Zeroxysm

Okay, this may be a dumb question but how do I go about actually seeing other people?

I can get on but I haven't seen another person and when I do "Join Job" or anything like that, it makes it like I'm hosting a job and no one ever joins.

E92 M3

Selling cars (the Range Rover clone and BMW clone both sell for $9000), winning races, doing missions, surviving and collecting bounties and most importantly avoiding dying.

Where do you sell cars to? Haven't experimented too much due to the instability of the servers.

DogMeat77

From what I can tell, it seems like there are 3 tiers of apartments (10, 6, and 2-car garage) and each tier has a specific layout. They only differ in location, floor, and view. I kind of like the 6-car apartment though. Looks homey.

Wow nice view. I think I am going to have to go for this one as well... too nice.

duckroll

Just go into any Paint and Spray store with a car that isn't your personal vehicle, and you can pick "sell" instead of "repair".

Ploid 3.0

Okay, this may be a dumb question but how do I go about actually seeing other people?

I can get on but I haven't seen another person and when I do "Join Job" or anything like that, it makes it like I'm hosting a job and no one ever joins.

Yeah when you don't see people in the world it's just that match making couldn't find a room for you. Match making doesn't find people for missions well also. That or people just don't want to join the jobs when they get invites. The invites are text messages so people probably ignore them unless they are waiting for a random job.

Robin64

Finally got in last night, though it took some effort.

As soon as I stepped into the world proper, some guy ran me over. I wasn't quite dead, but he turned around and dealth with that.

From then on, he kept targetting me. Not sure why! I was able to find an extremely fast car and we had a chase across the entire city, diving into the train tunnels and through the construction area there. Just awesome, but still unsure what I did to upset the guy, haha.

Zeroxysm

Yeah when you don't see people in the world it's just that match making couldn't find a room for you. Match making doesn't find people for missions well also. That or people just don't want to join the jobs when they get invites. The invites are text messages so people probably ignore them unless they are waiting for a random job.

Weird, in probably about 4 hours of messing around, I haven't seen a single person anywhere.

I've even tried the "Find New Session" option several times.

HzxKBe0.jpg

ELPoZ0o.jpg

Which one is that one/how much did it cost? Mine doesn't have a view :(.

Ploid 3.0

Weird, in probably about 4 hours of messing around, I haven't seen a single person anywhere.

I've even tried the "Find New Session" option several times.

I actually tried getting to my own without changing back to SP and picking solo again. Each time I loaded to a server after doing a mission it put me back in the map with the same group. It's interesting with 16 people, but they distracted me. I wasted a lot of money trying to get the jet.

educator

How do I transfer money to a friend? We rob stores and want to split the money, but we dont know how to give eachother money.

anx10us

Banned
Just tried a death match again 10/6 checked my bank after and no hospital bill, I joined by using my phone this time

Il try one by driving to it in free Rome, my games were using soft lock as well which sucks.

I guess I got confused, i'll try again tonight, good news if what your saying is right. Also just spotted that you can sell Stolen cars for upto $10k a piece :)

Still ain't getting past Launching Session in the first race. Tried every supposed fix out there.

If the SP wasn't so good I would be livid. As it stands, I'm just disappointed.

Mik2121

Ugh... people already with apartments and I still can't get past the fucking race...
I'm trying by playing solo and my player walks to the circle, then a lodging screen shows, some menu shows up and then it loads gain theory with the guy bringing me the car, then gets stuck on a second loading screen.

Fucking hate this shit...

Oh and I'm on PS3 and tried deleting the data. I have not been able to walk on the streets on the multiplayer not even once yet.

Edit - at least I'm not alone...

duckroll

Ugh... people already with apartments and I still can't get past the fucking race...
I'm trying by playing solo and my player walks to the circle, then a lodging screen shows, some menu shows up and then it loads gain theory with the guy bringing me the car, then gets stuck on a second loading screen.

Oh and I'm on PS3 and tried deleting the data. I have not been able to walk on the streets on the multiplayer not even once yet.

I have some suggestions:

- Try deleting the character you created and just making a new one. It shouldn't be a huge loss since you haven't been able to do anything with the game anyway. Or just create a new character on the second slot. Worth a shot.

- When you're stuck in a loading screen, sometimes it pays to just wait. It can take several minutes or more if thing is messed up on the server end, but my experience is that if you wait long enough it eventually goes through.

I almost went for that one because it was close to a garage that I already purchased, but apparently you can't own two properties even if one is just a garage. I got a refund for the garage, though (for what seemed like half of the value).

Wait, you can't own two properties? What? Rockstar what is this crap?!

Ploid 3.0

Yesterday I kept getting stuck after the guy show up in the car and the game started looking for players to add to the race. I got past it by pressing buttons. I could hear the menu sounds so I figured it was active. It got me to car selection somehow. I did the race, and got stuck after the race and money was given to me. I loaded it again and I started right after the race cutscenes.

Mik2121

I have some suggestions:

- Try deleting the character you created and just making a new one. It shouldn't be a huge loss since you haven't been able to do anything with the game anyway. Or just create a new character on the second slot. Worth a shot.

- When you're stuck in a loading screen, sometimes it pays to just wait. It can take several minutes or more if thing is messed up on the server end, but my experience is that if you wait long enough it eventually goes through.

Wait, you can't own two properties? What? Rockstar what is this crap?!
Thanks. I will try that as soon as I gt back from the gym. Gotta release all this stress :p

Yesterday I kept getting stuck after the guy show up in the car and the game started looking for players to add to the race. I got past it by pressing buttons. I could hear the menu sounds so I figured it was active. It got me to car selection somehow. I did the race, and got stuck after the race and money was given to me. I loaded it again and I started right after the race cutscenes.
I will try that later if re-creating my character doesn't work. Thanks!

I was being chased in free roam so I fled to my apartment and watched the action unfold on my CCTV feed. The guy who was chasing me tried to drive by the apartment entrance before ringing my buzzer a bunch of times.

I proceeded to put a hit out on him and watch him get murdered by the rest of the server.

jVLMdtavCzaWJ.JPG

Ploid 3.0

Really????? FFS :( lol wish i knew that from the start oh well haha

There is a limit on how many cars they will accept. For me at first it was just 1 car, maybe 1 per day? Now I think I can do multiple cars but it's a car list I'm tasked to find. So it's not just feeding the shop with nearby cars.

At the above*

Haha that sounds awesome. Mo money mo powa.

Also, for what it's worth. I couldn't connect at all on the PS3. So this morning I uninstalled the update and downloaded it again. Has worked fine since then.

There is a limit on how many cars they will accept. For me at first it was just 1 car, maybe 1 per day? Now I think I can do multiple cars but it's a car list I'm tasked to find. So it's not just feeding the shop with nearby cars.
It's one car per day and they won't accept high end cars.

E92 M3

Find that hard to believe considering the way people are spinning around and locking on for a full spray of machine gun fire while they're driving 100mph!

I guess all of the server/cloud issues aren't helping with that - but the premise is logical and fluent.

DodgerSan

Edit - at least I'm not alone...

Far from alone. Internet man-hug my fellow GTA outcast.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Find that hard to believe considering the way people are spinning around and locking on for a full spray of machine gun fire while they're driving 100mph!

It really does. Go into your options/settings and check your aim mode. You can't change it manually. You're just put in servers with people using the same.

Also, you can't lock on when driving even with auto aim, so...

Top Bottom