• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Oni Jazar

This might have been answered in the couple hours since you posted it, but it bears repeating as much as possible:

YOU CAN GET FREE AIM IN MULTI IF YOU SET YOUR SP SETTINGS TO 'FREE AIM'. It puts you into lobbies based on your SP settings apparently.

Spread the word.

I thought GTA:O was only free aim since it was locked to that in my game. Thanks for the explanation. Free aim should be the only mode in GTA:O. Lock-on chumps need to step off and stick with single player or learn how to really play.

Had a perfectly smooth experience just now playing. (PS3) Finishing up the tutorial stuff and roaming free. No disconnects no lockups or freezes. This looks like it could be very fun! I just wish GAF Crew wasn't full :(

eival

I think he means that other players can boot you out of the session.

well i been playing in Private sessions, cause its a pain in the ass that when you finish a "job/race/ect...", it doesnt hold your place in the same lobby(apparently) cause it'll say "failed to find a session to join" then just auto-backs into SP....i mean they built a friggen "press X to try to connect again" on 1 route of entering MP, why not program that shit into every error screen rather than just "press A to accept that its broken and we'll see you in a few minutes after SP loads and you try again"?

this reminds of GTA 4's issues where if it failed to connect to 1 lobby, it would reload back into SP, Red Dead fixed this by having an actual Title Screen, which then you could load into MP entirely, any issues kept you in that mode and if it couldnt find anything...it just loaded into an empty/private lobby

TheContact

Finally got in a game, would like to turn off voice chat so I don't have to listen to a bunch of people say the N word every 2 seconds

Also been stuck at the first race "Launching session" for a bit, hope things kick in lol

Gawge

Finally gave in waiting/hoping for my character to return and made a new one.

Did the race, and the drugs thingy (last time on my own, this time with others). Now stuck in GPS aerial view :(

Waaaaaaaaah!

duckroll

Finally got in a game, would like to turn off voice chat so I don't have to listen to a bunch of people say the N word every 2 seconds

Hold select, scroll through the menu which pops up, toggle Chat to Off. If you play with friends you can toggle it to Crew or Friends or Crew & Friends.

So how long does a Bounty last and what are the conditions for succeeding if it's on you? Do you need to outlast it for 24 in-game hours every single time? Seems really tedious. Also, I'd like to reiterate fuck deathmatches. They really need to fix that.

My game doesn't seem to want to save, I always get taken back to half way through the tutorial.

I'm done till it fixed then ill just start over incase my character is dodgy.

eival

fun facts, idk if maybe its cause i had a LifeInvader coupon or sumthing but when i purchased my first garage(the cheapest one, 25K) it didnt charge me, i still had all 27k in my bank and still do

maybe thats a gtlich? i know singleplayer had a glitch where you could buy properties without being charged but that required specific menu/character swtiching stuff, also i dont think im being charged $50 a day either for the mechanic....not that im complaining! i accept that as a gift from Rockstar for all the server issues.

EDIT-just checked my bank statement, theres no withdraws of $50 a day and my cash is still there, so idk what happened, but im now almost at 30k, once i get the cheap 80k apartment im set.

Cobra84

With the excessive hospital fees, is there any point to playing the actual game if I want to make money? Doing anything but grinding easy misions or solo free roam is a potental money loser.

eival

With the excessive hospital fees, is there any point to playing the actual game if I want to make money? Doing anything but grinding easy misions or solo free roam is a potental money loser.

once you get past level 6-7 and the PVE missions open up the cash you earn (5k) makes the bills insignificant, my last few have been between 800-1000, ive died from car exploding from falls and cops shooting me. i remember the first day it was like 2k, but dont forget, since everything is server side, Rockstar can adjust these amounts on their end without patches, just like EPIC did with Gears of War, so they may have toned that down after complaints.

Hold select, scroll through the menu which pops up, toggle Chat to Off. If you play with friends you can toggle it to Crew or Friends or Crew & Friends.
I'm fairly certain that adjusts who you broadcast to, because I was still able to hear others.
To mute others, go to the Start menu, then Online, then Players.

pringles

Def sucks that you lose so much from dying, even the banked money.

Will take some fun out of just messing about creating chaos with friends. Now one has to do jobs to stay afloat.

Where and how do I get to play this magnificent idea?
It's called "Top Fun", showed up in selectable jobs, everyone voted to keep playing it after that.

Pretty much. Only save way to grind money are races.

You can run multiple missions in a row as well.

Just have to pray you don't run into an A-Hole the second you get out of your missions/races and get killed before you can deposit the dough.

Had that happen to me. I promptly killed the dude and blew up his personal ride.

I ran into one of those old GTA situations online once. Someone was rolling around in a low rider, and it seemed every single car that spawned within a half mile radius was also a low rider style car too lol. Was funny to see since I never saw it in the SP game.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It worked! Did the tutorials and a couple of jobs with randoms, was brilliant fun. No problems with pop up in the intro either, it was beautiful. Is that area with the graffiti in sp as well? Never seen it before.

So I was chasing a guy who was delivering a vehicle for Simeon, let's just say that mine didn't fit.

0_0.jpg

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Hmm, game froze when trying to enter the Last Man Standing mission you do as part of the tutorial, so I restart the system and now its gone and I don't seem to be receiving any messages from the guys that give you missions at all.

Anyone know where on the map that Last Man Standing mission was? maybe going back and trying again will sort it out.

Just as a post I get a message, lol.

So, is it true that buying an apartment sells your old one? I'd like to get a cheapo one with a small garage to start off with, but don't want to waste 25k if I can't get it back when I eventually get a nicer place.

Korosenai

I have found that trying to play with friends is ridiculously hard.

With no real party system it becomes a chore to try to find matches to play online with each other (deathmatch, etc.).

A real party system where you party up then search through matchmaking, without having to host a match and wait 10 minutes for people to fill up the spots, would have been ideal.

eival

it would be REALLY helpful if the Social Club Vehicles section wasnt "undergoing maintinence" the last few days when i need to see a pic of cars im supposed to jack for Simeon

Top Bottom