• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I have found that trying to play with friends is ridiculously hard.

With no real party system it becomes a chore to try to find matches to play online with each other (deathmatch, etc.).

A real party system where you party up then search through matchmaking, without having to host a match and wait 10 minutes for people to fill up the spots, would have been ideal.

Seriously? Once again R* show they had a bunch of great ideas but have implemented then in the worst possible way.

eival

I have found that trying to play with friends is ridiculously hard.

With no real party system it becomes a chore to try to find matches to play online with each other (deathmatch, etc.).

A real party system where you party up then search through matchmaking, without having to host a match and wait 10 minutes for people to fill up the spots, would have been ideal.

you can choose Invite/Friends/Crew only from the Online menu in the pause screen of SP, pick the bottom option to see those lobby choices, if you launch from the title menu or "hop right in(Go)" or "choose character" it puts you in public and there doesnt seem any way from there to then load into a private session, idk why they didnt notice this when developing/testing the game(implying they tested)

I've played with a few Gaf members and I must say it's been fun servers seem stable got in on my first try today I did redownload the patch. It's funny that I've heard casuals talking about robbing banks little do they know it comes in a few weeks. Feel sorry for ppl who don't know online is a incomplete package atm

Ihad a good 4-5 hours session last night. I got up to rank 10 and played most of the modes and missions. I need to coem up with more money before I can get a house though.

We'll see if it saves my character when I get on again later.

Astery

Anyone have a suggestion for a fastest/ best available car to steal for the free car in tutorial? And where can I find them?

eival

I've played with a few Gaf members and I must say it's been fun servers seem stable got in on my first try today I did redownload the patch. It's funny that I've heard casuals talking about robbing banks little do they know it comes in a few weeks. Feel sorry for ppl who don't know online is a incomplete package atm

i noticed a Fleeca with an interior across the street from LS Customs up by Trevor's airport, the doors are locked tho, im betting we'll be able to stick those up soon.

also, has anyone figured out how to open the safe's in convenience store back rooms? seems like a major oversight to actually draw those into the game if they arent accessable

eival

Anyone have a suggestion for a fastest/ best available car to steal for the free car in tutorial? And where can I find them?

it wont let you use any "Sports/Super" tier cars, even after you get a garager it says "this car has a tracker and cant be stored...purchase one instead!" its crap

you cant take it a LSC and remove it either, which is dumb

the best early car seems to be the dodge charger lookin one

Hopefully more people get online today. There are a few 'missions' I went through with one other person that would be amazing with a full crew.

It doesn't look like hte cops and robbers mode I want is back but I played some other missions that are similar and should be fun.

RS4-

Not sure if I'm a fan of the whole crew catching heat, even if one person is lone wolf and away from the action.

Would've been nice to have, say a sniper with a silenced rifle picking off the cops or other team to assist your team with the getaway or something.

Or he's the backup plan for the last bit and he's the getaway driver in a different car. He goes one way with the objective (evidence, etc) while the rest of the team continues to lead the cops the other way.

I'm still stuck on the first race again after losing my character yesterday. Just says launching session in the bottom right for eternity.

No way to cancel either, I can understand the problems with the servers, but not being able to cancel a loading session and getting kicked back to single player every time something goes wrong is just unforgivable. Rockstar, you made a great single player experience, but you fucking suck balls at multiplayer.

I chose a motorcycle because big dog, big nuts. I thought it would give my created character some personality too.

Don't pick a motorcycle. There are a few lower-end "sports" cars you can take like the Maibatsu. I ended up picking a coupe whose name escapes me at the moment. The nicer cars are around north LS and Rockford Hills.

Derrick01

Banned
I played a little more last night, up until I was free to do what I wanted. I know it's an Online game but I'm still kind of disappointed that seemingly most of the content outside of races requires a minimum of 2 people and that some of the "missions" are actually just deathmatch modes. I was expecting actual missions.

Cobra84

once you get past level 6-7 and the PVE missions open up the cash you earn (5k) makes the bills insignificant, my last few have been between 800-1000, ive died from car exploding from falls and cops shooting me. i remember the first day it was like 2k, but dont forget, since everything is server side, Rockstar can adjust these amounts on their end without patches, just like EPIC did with Gears of War, so they may have toned that down after complaints.

Still making peanuts at level 11 except for the one time I got the steal the RV mission. It doesn't matter how much I'm making if a greifer or single return the car/item match can wipe it all out.

With the buying money with real money crap, I doubt they will do anything.

My latest addition to my garage, other players can hang off the side of this vehicle like the police do. Took forever to finally get one in my garage.

0_0.jpg

Tawpgun

The kill distances seem greatly increased. Sometimes I can barely see other players and i still chew them up with the smg from super far away.

I played a little more last night, up until I was free to do what I wanted. I know it's an Online game but I'm still kind of disappointed that seemingly most of the content outside of races requires a minimum of 2 people and that some of the "missions" are actually just deathmatch modes. I was expecting actual missions.

You get proper missions from contacts like Simeon and Gerald. But for some reason, in the screen after finishing them, you can't choose another one, only races or deathmatches.

eival

Still making peanuts at level 11 except for the one time I got the steal the RV mission. It doesn't matter how much I'm making if a greifer or single return the car/item match can wipe it all out.

With the buying money with real money crap, I doubt they will do anything.

that RV mission is like one of the very early ones, you'll start getting more after that.

im also doing everything on Hard 1.5xp and i make sure to pick up all the cash of the guys i kill

on another note, its really annoying that people can still find my Jobs even tho im in private mode, if i dont choose the difficulty and get to the 2nd menu where it says "closed lobby" ive seen people show up..

Derrick01

Banned
You get proper missions from contacts like Simeon and Gerald. But for some reason, in the screen after finishing them, you can't choose another one, only races or deathmatches.

It depends, sometimes other missions will show up.

Yeah there's a bunch of activities on the map but there's 8 star symbols that blatantly say Missions on the map legend. I didn't go around to each one to see what they were but after the tutorial it leaves you by one of them and it's a team deathmatch "mission". That's why I was disappointed.

My latest addition to my garage, other players can hang off the side of this vehicle like the police do. Took forever to finally get one in my garage.

0_0.jpg
Holy shit went to get this vehicle insured and apparently you can paint it, a lot of the paint names are missing however they still work:

jDX5SyqaUSMRT.JPG

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Is there a way to replay missions you get from characters, they mention bookmarking them, but I can't seem to find them in the job list afterwards?

webkatt

I really wanted to play as a female character online but they are just so damned ugly.

To me it makes no sense that they are taller than males while wearing flats. And that they don't have their own feminine walk animations. NPCs have them.

I could makes due with being the same height as male characters but why the fuck 6 foot, 2 inches tall and with heel options.

Seems like RS is trolling here.

UoNn5xv.jpg

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Anyone know a surefire way to get back to free aim? Started my game up today (went to SP first) and I'm still in aim assist.

pringles

Lol, was going around in a plane and saw a beautiful view, figured I get a quick snapshot. Got stuck on black screen and "scanning storage", crashed into mountain side. Thanks RS servers.

Anyone know a surefire way to get back to free aim? Started my game up today (went to SP first) and I'm still in aim assist.

Are you talking about just in the freeroam mode? Because every time I start a mission it's telling me it's going to change me aiming mode.

red731

Is everyone having male character a midget? Lemar is tall as a mountain.
Guy giving me the car was even smaller than me.

I never use word midget disrespectfully or ever. This is just for this post.

Revven

So, things are progressively working better? I was able to play at least an hour or two last night (mostly Solo though).

Spirit3

Keeps timing out of every race, mission etc I try. Moving out tomorrow and have no internet for two weeks. Don't think I can be bothered once I get back online. Probably worst experience I've had with an online game. Sad face.

Linius

Holy shit, I'm seeing the opening scene from GTA Online on my own TV for the first time. I thought I was never going to be able to play it :/

EDIT

Either Lamar is a giant or I'm just small.

Top Bottom