• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Is everyone having male character a midget? Lemar is tall as a mountain.
Guy giving me the car was even smaller than me.

I never use word midget disrespectfully or ever. This is just for this post.

Yeah same thing here.

Well at last it is working! Missions is quite fun.

Gawge

I can't stop playing this online level. Just spent 30 minutes non-stop on it, followed by a quick deathmatch, and then another 30 minutes on this one level.

kAloTqx.jpg

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just stole a police van, not the SUV. It definitely has bulletproof windows lol. Too bad you can't make it your own.

Linius

So I got in. Now I'm standing here with a couple of dudes while the game is 'launching session'. Is it normal this is taking like forever?

ViviOggi

I like how you get stuck in Google Earth when declining to spectate an already started mission you still had an invite for.

It's probably fucked, I get that and it never launches.

I'll say that I had to sit through several of those before the game started going. I did get some infinite hang ups, but when it worked I had to sit at 'launching session' for a minute or two before it finished.

So I made two new online characters because I lost my originals, but now my old characters are appearing in the character select wheel?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I played a little more last night, up until I was free to do what I wanted. I know it's an Online game but I'm still kind of disappointed that seemingly most of the content outside of races requires a minimum of 2 people and that some of the "missions" are actually just deathmatch modes. I was expecting actual missions.

There are a ton of actual missions that are 1-4 players. They open up as you gain levels and are provided by SP characters.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So basically, Solo Session is pretty useless right? I mean, everything you do is instanced and throws you in with people. Why call it Solo?

Linius

I left mine for nearly an hour, soulwax looped once. If you're on ps3 you don't have to reboot, just disconnect from PSN and it will send you back to single player.

I'm on 360. Only thing I was able to do was go back to the main menu. No other button on my controller responded.

Trying again now. If it still doesn't work I'll go back to the offline world I guess. I hope they sort this quickly. It bums me out that some friends are able to play just fine :(

Trakan

Not sure if this will help anybody, but it worked for myself and a couple of friends.

- Clear you cache before booting up the game. (360)
- Press start and go to the online tab, and go to characters.
- Delete any old characters you have and make a new one.

This let me complete the tutorial which is the only glitchy thing stopping you from playing online.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
One step forward, two teps back.

I can now 'start' the first race, select a car and get 'ready' (in invite-only, true online kicks me instantly), then the screen blurs out and I'm stuck on that same screen untill I decide to pull the plug, all the while the radio keeps on playing in the background. If I quit and restart, I have to sit through the whole intro again. Yay.

Mik2121

Alright, I decided to make the character again and then started online with a new character. Everything went smooth until it tried to start the race and then I kept getting the stupid starting session shit. I took a shower and left it loading and when I came back I was still in that screen but my character suddenly had like $9000 or something like that. However it was still stuck there and I couldn't quit.
I restarted the game, went to single player and from there loaded a solo session, and when it loaded it was again in the fucking parking and it walked on top of where the (invisible) trigger was and then just got stood there. I was able to run around but fucking Lamar kept telling me I'm supposed to go the other way and if I get far I get a message telling me to go to the trigger.
Now I booted up the game again straight to solo and the video loaded with the guy giving me the car, and I have my money and can choose car... wut

Now I got stuck in some loading screen without a loading icon. Fucking lovely..

Oh, finally loaded. About fucking time I can get into the online...

I'm really paranoid of my high level character eventually just vanishing in the future. They need some sort of new method to load/save characters

J4g3r

I have about 30k banked now. Is it worth me buying a 2 car garage or shall I save up for a 10 car one? (That's 100k)

Didn't take me that long at all to make the 30k.

Loving the survival missions by the way..!

eival

damn just made 10k on one of Simeon's "5 random cars" deliver!

i was about to be pissed if it was only like 1-2k cause it costs almost 1k to respray it(mandatory) along with scripted cop chase and having to drive halfway across LS, but for 10k its defiantly worth it

Grisby

Finally got to start that tutorial race and won it against one other dude. Now I'm stuck in the google earth thing waiting for it to go back to the game. I don't think it's gonna...:(

I think I'm gonna shelve it for a while. Come back to it when things are smoother and characters aren't being deleted. This really is a beta.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So we can all agree the way character creation is handled us dumb as all hell, right?

Seems like a neat idea on paper but to actually use it is a pain in the ass. I think it would be better if we were able to take a few pics of ourselves and have it uploaded into the game. I wish more games did something like that. Next gen?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really paranoid of my high level character eventually just vanishing in the future. They need some sort of new method to load/save characters

If it gets corrupted, you're screwed. If it just disappears, it means you're not connecting to the cloud, but your character is still there.

So we can all agree the way character creation is handled is dumb as all hell, right?

I think it is a really cool idea, but it could've done with an additional screen to tweak the details. That being said, I'm happy with my Niko knock off.

Ominym

Banned
damn just made 10k on one of Simeon's "5 random cars" deliver!

i was about to be pissed if it was only like 1-2k cause it costs almost 1k to respray it(mandatory) along with scripted cop chase and having to drive halfway across LS, but for 10k its defiantly worth it

Totally worth it. My only major complaint is that if you're doing the missions in a full room? You become a target for many, many people. Doesn't matter if you have passive mode on, you're not safe when in a car. Not to mention people will follow you into a Los Santos Customs, wait for you to respray the car, then kill you and take it the second you roll out of the shop.

Short term just get the game working

Long term - give me an online character creator (internet site on social club) that lets me see in high resolution what my character is going to look like from my computer. Let me save my character and see that you have it (ie stored in the cloud/database) so I am not paranoid every time I turn on the game that all my progress is gone. Losing a session is one thing, but surely a save of the key stats like money and property bought is not a big deal to back up.

Seems like a neat idea on paper but to actually use it is a pain in the ass. I think it would be better if we were able to take a few pics of ourselves and have it uploaded into the game. I wish more games did something like that. Next gen?

Starting to become a running theme with this game.

Pennybags

So yesterday, a guy had a full $9000 bounty on his head. The whole lobby of free-roamers were chasing after him as well as the cops. For some reason I was driving a big rig with trailer attached.

He says, "help me man, I'll give you some money". I say OK and honk my horn and switch the radio to Rebel Radio to set the mood. Players keep smashing into us, police helis keep us in their spotlights. The song "Convoy" starts to play.

I lost the players when I swerved and detached my trailer super tacticooly. The cops stopped tailing us when I drove into the empty subway tunnels. I take him to a secluded area, and he says "that was close, where we going now?" from the passenger seat.

BOUNTY COLLECTED BY PENNYBAGS

I sent him some of the money to him and flew airplanes with him a bit later because I felt a little bad

Tawpgun

So yesterday, a guy had a full $9000 bounty on his head. The whole lobby of free-roamers were chasing after him as well as the cops. For some reason I was driving a big rig with trailer attached.

He says, "help me man, I'll give you some money". I say OK and honk my horn and switch the radio to Rebel Radio to set the mood. Players keep smashing into us, police helis keep us in their spotlights. The song "Convoy" starts to play.

I lost the players when I swerved and detached my trailer. The cops stopped tailing us when I drove into the empty subway tunnels. I take him to a secluded area, and he says "that was close, where we going now?" from the passenger seat.

BOUNTY COLLECTED BY PENNYBAGS
hehhehhehe Classic.

I think Rockstar needs to create a sort of "no consequences" free mode. Maybe with weapons on map, or all weapons unlocked.

Sometimes I wanna get people together and go on a police rampage, or just kill each other in free roam... But those hospital bills are brutal and not worth the risk.

Top Bottom