• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Arcteryx

damn just made 10k on one of Simeon's "5 random cars" deliver!

i was about to be pissed if it was only like 1-2k cause it costs almost 1k to respray it(mandatory) along with scripted cop chase and having to drive halfway across LS, but for 10k its defiantly worth it

The Escalade looking SUV can be sold for ~10k @ LSC every hour basically, so that's another quick money-maker.

Linius

Can someone explain me why I can't pause online? I just got a call from my boss which I had to take while I was escaping the police and there's just no button to pause the action while I'm away for a few minutes. Obviously the cops got to me and I lost money and a car :(

And when do I gain access to a garage? There's none on my map.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Can someone explain me why I can't pause online? I just got a call from my boss which I had to take while I was escaping the police and there's just no button to pause the action while I'm away for a few minutes. Obviously the cops got to me and I lost money and a car :(

You can find them on the property map on the phone's internet. The cheapest one is 33,000 or so.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

when you buy one which i wouldnt reccomend yet

I'm not going to bother with it till its fixed.My friends on XBL have been trying for days.

It's starting to seem like one of those things that won't be "fixed" for a long time. It's just going to be a gradual hit or miss sort of deal where one day you'll try and be able to get through while there will be tons of people who still can't.

R* says they've been working around the clock to fix this for the past couple days and so far we've seen basically no progress. Is anyone really expecting much to change throughout the weekend and even next week?

Astery

It's impossible to pause in online games, nothing new there.

Alpende

Because it's online.

Pennybags

Man, you should be able to access your "story" missions from a list once you've completed them at least once. It's irritating to be in a group of 4 and waiting until you can say "oh, I have a 4 man mission from Gerald, guys".

Also, on the official Rockstar portals for game feedback, I want everybody to request the option to turn off race/deathmatch blips on your mini-map. They are superfluous. If I want to start a specific deathmatch or race variant, I'll do it through the menus or set a waypoint from the big map.

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
Think so.

And lol, I've had a fence get stuck in my car before.

Coptercar met its end when I slammed into a building.

I wonder if you can grab people if you have that big transport Heli...would be a great way to make a get away...or mess with people.

Another question.

How the hell do you level skills? Is it just slower then single players?

ANOTHER QUESTION!

Can you be in more then one crew? I am all ways looking for people to play with.

Zero_Jehuty is me 360.

It's starting to seem like one of those things that won't be "fixed" for a long time. It's just going to be a gradual hit or miss sort of deal where one day you'll try and be able to get through while there will be tons of people who still can't.

R* says they've been working around the clock to fix this for the past couple days and so far we've seen basically no progress. Is anyone really expecting much to change throughout the weekend and even next week?

There is a good chance that traffic will be extra heavy for the weekend. Even if there maybe more servers. Personally, all my friends and I have had the most luck getting through without any hitches late at night. My brother was able to get through the tutorial his very first try last night around 12am. (lucky bastard. took me repeated tries)

Will his character still be there when he plays again??? Who knows...

Linius

Yeah, that makes sense :p

It just feels a bit weird in GTA I guess because half of the time you're not involved with anyone. I was just minding my own business. Normally when I play online I'm always interacting with other players trough some sort of match making system. Then it makes more sense you can't pause because it would be annoying for the others.

And why is it not recommended buying a garage? Because of all the fuck ups with stuff disappearing or something?

Rrm

Neo Member
I made a character yesterday that disappeared, went online today and saw the stats pop up from my character but after I started a solo session it was gone again. Has anyone gotten this too?

This is a pain, cause on my secondary PSN account my character saves just fine. Playing on PS3 btw.

Tawpgun

Coptercar met its end when I slammed into a building.

I wonder if you can grab people if you have that big transport Heli...would be a great way to make a get away...or mess with people.

Another question.

How the hell do you level skills? Is it just slower then single players?

ANOTHER QUESTION!

Can you be in more then one crew? I am all ways looking for people to play with.

Zero_Jehuty is me 360.

Leveling Skills seems excruciatingly slow. I only just saw my driving go up a peg last night for the first time. I just with there was a way to SEE if progress is being made.

I was able to get on this morning (PS3) and it left me right off where my character left off. I did find it funny that when it told me to hold up the store i couldnt do it cuz it was robbed already and to come back at a later time.

Any tips for making a... let's not even say "pretty", just a non-disturbingly creepy looking female? Some tips like "grandma 5 - grandpa 12" etc.

I seriously tried and it's impossible.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So yesterday, a guy had a full $9000 bounty on his head. The whole lobby of free-roamers were chasing after him as well as the cops. For some reason I was driving a big rig with trailer attached.

He says, "help me man, I'll give you some money". I say OK and honk my horn and switch the radio to Rebel Radio to set the mood. Players keep smashing into us, police helis keep us in their spotlights. The song "Convoy" starts to play.

I lost the players when I swerved and detached my trailer super tacticooly. The cops stopped tailing us when I drove into the empty subway tunnels. I take him to a secluded area, and he says "that was close, where we going now?" from the passenger seat.

BOUNTY COLLECTED BY PENNYBAGS

I sent him some of the money to him and flew airplanes with him a bit later because I felt a little bad

Hah, awesome.

The Escalade looking SUV can be sold for ~10k @ LSC every hour basically, so that's another quick money-maker.

Note to self, time to go find that vehicle somewhere. I've been driving round to find a nice expensive vehicle to sell but they all seem to come to around 2-3k.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Any tips for making a... let's not even say "pretty", just a non-disturbingly creepy looking female? Some tips like "grandma 5 - grandpa 12" etc.

I seriously tried and it's impossible.

Arcteryx posted this:
0_0gojf9.jpg

makeup:
softgray

hours spent doing stuff(this seemed to give the most "plain" face, ie no acne, freckles, wrinkles, etc):

grandparent(female/male)#:
1/5
grandparent ratio(female to male)%:
80/20

grandparent(female/male)#:
1/1
grandparent ratio(female to male)%:
40/60

parent ratio(mom to dad)%:
80/20

Astery

All I feel I'm doing is walking around then getting killed by players and losing money.

Get in a car is much safer than walking around without paying for passive mode imo. I also avoid randoms and just do my own quests, until the servers are stable enough for partying with my buds :p

It's just annoying for me when randoms started chasing me for no reason and I just can't hide away from them since players are marked so obviously in the mini map at all times... Then I jump into another session lol.

TheMan

I was finally able to start the game I solo mode. Won the introductory race, game proceeds to glitch out during the first mission. I'm seriously considering selling this now while I can still get a decent amount of cash for it. There are less glitchy experiences to be enjoyed.

Not sure if this will help anybody, but it worked for myself and a couple of friends.

- Clear you cache before booting up the game. (360)
- Press start and go to the online tab, and go to characters.
- Delete any old characters you have and make a new one.

This let me complete the tutorial which is the only glitchy thing stopping you from playing online.

I'm giving this a shot right now. When I created my new character, it had John Marston as my dad and I couldn't change his grandparents. :O

Andrew.

Banned
Has the update screwed up anyone elses singleplayer file or the overall sp performance?

Still havent downloaded it yet.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I'm giving this a shot right now. When I created my new character, it had John Marston as my dad and I couldn't change his grandparents. :O

You press Triangle or Y it assigns a special parent, also turns them off, they come without grandparents as they are pre-defined.

Marleyman

Banned
There is a good chance that traffic will be extra heavy for the weekend. Even if there maybe more servers. Personally, all my friends and I have had the most luck getting through without any hitches late at night. My brother was able to get through the tutorial his very first try last night around 12am. (lucky bastard. took me repeated tries)

Will his character still be there when he plays again??? Who knows...

I stayed on until around 1am EST and had no luck getting through the tutorial.

Derrick01

Banned
Why do all the women look the same in this? Every time I see someone post a pic of their female character they all look the same. Hell even mine looks just like them.

wizzbang

Banned
I finally got in on night number 3, I'm a big SP gamer so I didn't really care too much about 2 days of downtime. (Americans reading this, yes it's the third night it's been available for us)

Not a fan - played for 2 hours, did my lamar race, got the drugs, bought some clothes - seemed to unlock the full map of jobs available but yeah it just doesn't work for me - the focus on coop play is just not there, it's too easy for idiots to just shoot (zzzzZZZzzzz) I'm too old for that shit.
Even in passive mode they kill you in vehicles with bullets somehow.

I guess I'm just an SP gamer through and through - best part of all this was more Lamar dialogue at the start.

NeoGiff

Probably the best race I'll ever have in GTA V. You were within milliseconds. Thought you were gonna overtake at the last second.

So did I, you kept blocking though and I couldn't get past. Great race!

Just set a world record on that cycling one apparently, 1:19:838.

GQman2121

Banned
I played for a few hours last night. What incentive do people have to attack other player's? I had some asshole who wouldn't leave me alone and I couldn't understand what he was gaining from killing my broke ass as soon as I spawned.

Why do all the women look the same in this? Every time I see someone post a pic of their female character they all look the same. Hell even mine looks just like them.

All the dudes look the same as well.

And they're all wearing the same metallic aviator sunglasses.

Like I'm stuck in some bad 80s movie...

Top Bottom