• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Why do all the women look the same in this? Every time I see someone post a pic of their female character they all look the same. Hell even mine looks just like them.

Probably because the models look a bit weird with some grandparents, so you choose the nicest looking ones and they all look similar, I tried to make something different when they kept erasing my characters but they just look off. I find it is the same for a lot of character creators when it comes to female characters, they end up looking pretty similar because they also have a habit of looking the most odd in games.

Has the update screwed up anyone elses singleplayer file or the overall sp performance?

Still havent downloaded it yet.

I heard that singleplayer has a chance of getting fucked up if you start GTA Online from a save with Trevor or Franklin selected as the default character. ONLY launch it from a save as Michael.

Also, if you boot up the game and see that it loaded up the prologue instead of your save, exit the game ASAP before hitting a checkpoint.

Jachaos

this shit is a god damn mess

just getting stuck in some unending loading screen while trying to do the first race

Same situation right now. 360 version and never gotten to play. Won't try the PSN version yet with all the problems people have been having.

Alpende

I just don't get it yet. You have jobs, missions that's it right? Jobs are your normal multiplayer modes like TDM and stuff and missions are actual missions? But sometimes missions have a multiplayer mode in them?

What the shit?

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
Ok where do I sell cars? Can I sell ANY car? I have an issue where tool tips only show up few like half a second.

Also again how many crews can you be in? I would love more people to play with on 360.

just getting stuck in some unending loading screen while trying to do the first race

Try launching GTA Online from the single player start menu. Again, I recommend everyone to play early in the morning or late night to avoid peak hours and heavy traffic.

Derrick01

Banned
All the dudes look the same as well.

And they're all wearing the same metallic aviator sunglasses.

Like I'm stuck in some bad 80s movie...

I briefly noticed this too. It's like they want you to make a douchebag if you're making a guy.

I just don't get it yet. You have jobs, missions that's it right? Jobs are your normal multiplayer modes like TDM and stuff and missions are actual missions? But sometimes missions have a multiplayer mode in them?

What the shit?

Yeah that's what threw me off last night too. The descriptions on the map for the actual missions made them seem like...well, actual missions. But then I went to one and it basically said team deathmatch in the blue circle. And they all required a minimum of 2 people. But every other activity on the map listed some kind of multiplayer game type too.

smr00

Banned

What do you expect? Game sold like a bajillion copies.

Everyone knew the first few days up to a week was going to be almost unplayable. I don't expect it to fully work till early next week at best.

Certinty

Not sure if this will help anybody, but it worked for myself and a couple of friends.

- Clear you cache before booting up the game. (360)
- Press start and go to the online tab, and go to characters.
- Delete any old characters you have and make a new one.

This let me complete the tutorial which is the only glitchy thing stopping you from playing online.
My mate has been trying since Tuesday and this finally worked for him. Massive thanks from him

eival

What the shit?

theres a ton of PVE once you reach rank 6+

Jachaos

lol I love how they've gotten info panels to come up when you launch GTA online where they tell you what GTA online is and one of them ends with.

''in a responsive online world''.

Right.

Spirit3

I'm out. Four days straight of connection difficulties and servers not being stable. I've spent more time trying to play this game than actually playing it. This is one of those instances where Rockstar should offer their first planned purchasable DLC for free for this complete lack in customer satisfaction after "making" a billion dollars in the first 3 days. Just a joke really.

Andrew.

Banned

Everyone knew the first few days up to a week was going to be almost unplayable. I don't expect it to fully work till early next week at best.

Dude it's gonna take longer than a week to get all the kinks out and to make it a smooth playing experience. Much longer.

Linius

I was looking trough the shoe catalogue inside ammunation. Guy comes in and kills me with one shot. I never knew what hit me.

All the dudes look the same as well.

And they're all wearing the same metallic aviator sunglasses.

Like I'm stuck in some bad 80s movie...

I gave my character glasses to hide his hideous face and lack of eyebrows. lol. Looks like Matt Smith from Dr. Who.

I was looking trough the shoe catalogue inside ammunation. Guy comes in and kills me with one shot. I never knew what hit me.

ALWAYS remember to shop in passive mode. Hahaha.

Draconian

Try launching GTA Online from the single player start menu. Again, I recommend everyone to play early in the morning or late night to avoid peak hours and heavy traffic.

I tried this last night. It didn't work. I'm bailing for a couple of weeks at least. I don't need to play this right away anyway.

Martian

Damn I got stuck loading on the first race yesterday and now I am stuck loading on the first Last Man Standing match.
No way to back out without quitting the game entirely, either.

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
Rookie mistake :lol

I have hardly any idea of what can and can not be done in GTA Online :p

They need to define shops as a "Safe are" As well make it that if someone kills you and gets your money they can not just go and log off or start a mission to get away from you getting revenge.

Gintamen

Everyone but Rockstar is at fault for this though? They had the means to counter the outrage, they simply chose not to.

Online on Xbox Live right now, ValKillmore is my GT (GAFStreet crew), and it's a completely different experience today. Everything is working beautifully. I've completed two online missions and won my first race. Hit me up!

Martian

Nor change the radio station, so now I am stuck on some Spanish station

And BAWSAQ is down as well, so I cant do Lesters missions in SP either

Scheisse

Linius

Man this guy who killed me in the store is really salty. I managed to get revenge and now he's back chasing me everwhere I go :(

Eleuin

I can't believe there's no true party system. Is it so hard to allow us to group up and go into the jobs that way instead of inviting from the host menu?

Friends/crew members lobbies must be done right away or not at all as well..

duckroll

I can't believe there's no true party system. Is it so hard to allow us to group up and go into the jobs that way instead of inviting from the host menu?

Friends/crew members lobbies must be done right away or not at all as well..

I sent feedback to Rockstar's email for GTA Online saying the exact same thing. The lack of a proper party system in the game makes it a lot harder for people to play together properly. I'm sure lots of other people are sending feedback on that too, but it'll probably be more helpful if everyone who feels this way actually does. The sooner they know its a big request, the more likely they'll work to patch it in.

BigDug13

Nor change the radio station, so now I am stuck on some Spanish station

And BAWSAQ is down as well, so I cant do Lesters missions in SP either

Scheisse

I thought Lester's missions affected the other stock market, not BAWSAQ. His single player missions should still be doable and you should still be able to make a killing without BAWSAQ.

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
I sent feedback to Rockstar's email for GTA Online saying the exact same thing. The lack of a proper party system in the game makes it a lot harder for people to play together properly. I'm sure lots of other people are sending feedback on that too, but it'll probably be more helpful if everyone who feels this way actually does. The sooner they know its a big request, the more likely they'll work to patch it in.

I would love to know which dots on the map are on my friends list/crew and which might want me dead.

besada

Banned
Got logged in finally, after about thirty tries yesterday, and this time the race indicator actually showed up. I was able to complete the race (against Lamar only...woo, first place!) and then did the drug deal (again, by myself). So it works, I guess, but there was no one else there.

Jarnet87

Played online for about 20 minutes. The game moves so much slower online, tough to enjoy it. May try again when things are smoother.

Top Bottom