• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Arcteryx

I really wish the impound feature wasn't in online too. You should just call the insurance number and get your ride delivered for $100-500.

Are the cloud servers down? Because my character disappeared, no mention of it being corrupted, just gone, but his money is still there. Avoiding creating a new character in case it permanently deletes my old one.

Also, I've yet to have my car impounded. It always spawns near me, and if it gets blown up, I just pay a small fee to get it back.

I sent feedback to Rockstar's email for GTA Online saying the exact same thing. The lack of a proper party system in the game makes it a lot harder for people to play together properly. I'm sure lots of other people are sending feedback on that too, but it'll probably be more helpful if everyone who feels this way actually does. The sooner they know its a big request, the more likely they'll work to patch it in.

Thats a good idea. i think im going to do the same. Maybe if we get enough people to send in this type of feedback it can get implemented later on down the line. I remember in RDR when you wanted to get your friends in a posse it was easy as sending an invite.

Laughing_Man__

Neo Member
Thats a good idea. i think im going to do the same. Maybe if we get enough people to send in this type of feedback it can get implemented later on down the line. I remember in RDR when you wanted to get your friends in a posse it was easy as sending an invite.

Can we get a link to the exact way you are sending the messages so we can group send?

Plasmid

Stop playing. Good chance progress will not be saved.

It's just really weird that some people are popping in with NO problems who are able to save their progress and i can't even get in :lol.

Although i saw a stream try for an hour and a half yesterday try to get in.

Clegg

I thought Lester's missions affected the other stock market, not BAWSAQ. His single player missions should still be doable and you should still be able to make a killing without BAWSAQ.

I'm having the same problem.

BetaPharma is part of the BAWSAQ index and I can't access it because the whole market is down.

I asked this yesterday but got no response since the thread was moving too fast.

Is there a GAF PS3 Crew that isnt full that I could join? thanks.

ZimbAdam

The game never saves my characters. I've beaten the tutorial 3 times now, last time I beat it I tried to join a friend's game and it immediately said my file was corrupted. So fuckin annoying.

I wish you weren't so noticeable on the mini map. Sort of makes stealth pointless, unless of course you disappear if you have top tier stealth.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Lester said Real Estate could get you some money, is this true?

I have no idea, I have had to keep restarting my character so haven't gotten to Lester yet. But I swear I read that if you buy an apartment, and then buy a new one, the cost of the old one goes to the new one as it is sold off, or something.

But I can't seem to get any conformation on that.

Spat_triate

The matchmaking is such a joke. I'm constantly being put on teams with lvl 3-4s and matched against 9's and 10's with silenced smgs.

via imgur
Id66vOw.jpg

Thats pretty much as far as I've gotten.

Codeblew

It's just really weird that some people are popping in with NO problems who are able to save their progress and i can't even get in :lol.

Although i saw a stream try for an hour and a half yesterday try to get in.

Once you get past the first race, it is smooth sailing. The stupid tutorial race is a major bottleneck.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies

Interesting, can't say I've come across it, also wonder how easy it would be with one person so I could do it by myself.

I wish you weren't so noticeable on the mini map. Sort of makes stealth pointless, unless of course you disappear if you have top tier stealth.

There's something on the unlocked content list called "Off the Radar", I'm wondering if that will help us. Stealth still works on NPCs like it does in SP, but when most of the missions involve just out right battles doesn't help much, lol.

Plasmid

Once you get past the first race, it is smooth sailing. The stupid tutorial race is a major bottleneck.

Definitely not. I got rank 6 yesterday after beating the tutorial. Eventually (3-4 hours later) i got kicked back out to SP. when i tried to load my character it said the data wasn't available from R* and i need to make a temporary profile. So it's definitely not just the tutorial.

Finally got in last night, don't know if my removing and installing the update or deleting and redoing my character had anything to do with my getting it to work but I was on for a few hours. I played a bunch of races and they kept pissing me off, seemed like every intersection had a car pull into my line just as I was going through, if it wasn't that it was being punished for by not going exactly in the area designated by checkpoints that seems to be inconsistent and prevents properly cutting corners. I think I might keep my mic off especially during races because it was frustrating as fuck...

Merino

So every time I'm dropped from GTA Online I also loose my character.

I've done the tutorial now 5 times with different characters and each time I'm eventually dropped from the servers and can start completely anew.

Such a joke all of this.

So every time I'm dropped from GTA Online I also loose my character.

I've done the tutorial now 5 times with different characters and each time I'm eventually dropped from the servers and can start completely anew.

Such a joke all of this.

Not sure what would be worse, I've still not been able to get into the 1st race......

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf at this tutorial mission fucking hell rock star.

My experience, car pulls up, guy gets out and show it to me and car disappears, my fucking guy stands there like the cunt he is, then about 4 people appear beside him and one promptly walks off, the rst of us stand there like assholes while people randomly appear and walk off. 5 minutes on the game clock now but it's longer than that, long enough for xbox to darken the screen.

Worst online game experience I've ever seen, by a really really long way.

Saganator

It was working so well on PS3 last night. Waking up and reading about all these problems people are still having makes me scared to log in this morning.

Codeblew

Definitely not. I got rank 6 yesterday after beating the tutorial. Eventually (3-4 hours later) i got kicked back out to SP. when i tried to load my character it said the data wasn't available from R* and i need to make a temporary profile. So it's definitely not just the tutorial.

Well, I don't mean to imply that it is perfect but once I got past the race, I played for 6 hours straight last night and had a blast. All my stuff was still there this morning. I do expect to run into issues where my character doesn't save or even have to start over. I hope it gets fixed soon.

fatius

So yesterday, a guy had a full $9000 bounty on his head. The whole lobby of free-roamers were chasing after him as well as the cops. For some reason I was driving a big rig with trailer attached.

He says, "help me man, I'll give you some money". I say OK and honk my horn and switch the radio to Rebel Radio to set the mood. Players keep smashing into us, police helis keep us in their spotlights. The song "Convoy" starts to play.

I lost the players when I swerved and detached my trailer super tacticooly. The cops stopped tailing us when I drove into the empty subway tunnels. I take him to a secluded area, and he says "that was close, where we going now?" from the passenger seat.

BOUNTY COLLECTED BY PENNYBAGS

I sent him some of the money to him and flew airplanes with him a bit later because I felt a little bad

This is incredible. I haven't got on it yet, but I had no idea you could do stuff like that. can't wait.

idonteven

played whole day without losing my gta online dude,tried to get into server got timed out and lost my lvl 10... gf 8 hours of gameplay

Top Bottom