• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So does that mean my character's been permanently deleted?

No idea, some have gone completely across each day GTAO has been out, for me I've had to make a new character as I couldn't be bothered waiting for the old one to come back, and for some people they have returned without issue in a bit of time.

What a load of shit. I finally get through the race and stuff, now I'm doing the car insurance thing. Too bad the same 5 cars are spawning for me

Yea, they do that for whatever reason, on each of the characters I've had to start with again there are always the same few cars around when doing that bit and all the ones you would actually want are premium cars, lol.

Who's in charge of the OG Neogang crew from the max Payne days? I played with someone earlier that was on it but it seems like 97% of the crew is inactive.

Who's in charge of the OG Neogang crew from the max Payne days? I played with someone earlier that was on it but it seems like 97% of the crew is inactive.

I'm on it. Simo is in charge I think. A lot of people are just having trouble getting on or just waiting till everything is more ironed out with the online.

Imm0rt4l

At this point in the game is it pretty much inevitable that your character is going to get deleted? Mine got deleted and I don't even know if I can bring myself to create another.

Fotos

At this point in the game is it pretty much inevitable that your character is going to get deleted? Mine got deleted and I don't even know if I can bring myself to create another.

I created mine 2 days ago and it's still okay.

Best part of online is Smoking and Drinking non stop and throwing your bottles and cigarettes everywhere.

Jarmel

Banned
haha I just saw a good idea on the subReddit for saving hospital bills: put your money into BAWSAQ(once it's working again). Apparently if your bank balance is 0 the game can't withdraw any money for dying lol.

Yea I thought of this a couple of days ago. Problem though is that the BAWSAQ isn't working for GTA Online yet.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I had to see, so even if you are a woman the prostitutes still do the same animations for everything, I'm really not sure what she was doing for $50, but I'm pretty sure my lady doesn't have a penis for her head to be going up and down with in that position, lol, at least I don't I think she has a penis..

I had to see, so even if you are a woman the prostitutes still do the same animations for everything, I'm really not sure what she was doing for $50, but I'm pretty sure my lady doesn't have a penis for her head to be going up and down with in that position, lol, at least I don't I think she has a penis..

That your aware of!! lol

Tawpgun

haha I just saw a good idea on the subReddit for saving hospital bills: put your money into BAWSAQ(once it's working again). Apparently if your bank balance is 0 the game can't withdraw any money for dying lol.

Hope whatever stock you put it in doesn't go down lol

Scissor fight bro.

Ploid 3.0

The good thing that came out of all this online problem stuff is my Single Player characters had stock stuck in Pisswasser. My 20mil each return percentage is now 226.58. I feel like I should bail and cash out, but I think I'll be more invested in my online characters than SP so it doesn't even matter. The properties are way cooler online anyway.

Dammit rockstar ...is it too much to put a Cancel option when you're stuck in the loading when you try to join a job ?

Let me go painlessly if you can't find a freaking session.

aro52

So after the first few tutorial missions, all the "missions" (star icons) are 'Last Team Standing'. Does it ever go back to things similar to the "Collect the Drugs" mission that had AI enemies??

I'd much prefer true co-op missions against AI enemies, versus these competitive MP sessions being labeled as missions.

Ploid 3.0

Oh no, my character is deleted! 47k $, maxed out weapons, finally got a avatar that I liked the look of, new car at level 10 with money spent on it, so much invested in it. WHY!!

Rockstar has to do something for us unexpected beta testers. At least give us a shirt that we got beat down, dragged through the mud, and put up with this mess.

Constant rollbacks is pretty much what's going on. All my money!

Did you guys with the awesome apartments get owned? I thought my bank was at least safe.

taylor910

So after the first few tutorial missions, all the "missions" (star icons) are 'Last Team Standing'. Does it ever go back to things similar to the "Collect the Drugs" mission that had AI enemies??

I'd much prefer true co-op missions against AI enemies, versus these competitive MP sessions being labeled as missions.

I think those open at certain levels. Saw a guy playing one that required level 15.

DryvBy

On the PlayStation scrolling marquee at the top of the dash, what does it mean, "Comes free with GTA V"? What does?

This is what I'm talking about:
BVq6wStIQAAY2Nt.jpg

Alchemist

This game is so fun online when it wants to work.

Tip for those who manage to get in: Instead of joining games, host them instead. You're likely to get stuck on the infinite load screen searching for games.

LkPr

Yea I thought of this a couple of days ago. Problem though is that the BAWSAQ isn't working for GTA Online yet.

I don't think BAWSAQ will ever work in conjunction with GTA:O ... if you try to go to it now it sais it is only available in GTA V...

I put all of my money in SP in stocks so I don't lose it when I die but that won't work for GTA Online

duckroll

The presentation in the game is really crappy and there's a lack of explanation for a lot of simple rules and progression in Online, so I'm not surprised if you're really confused, so lemme help clear some things up.

- As long as you play GTA Online in Free Roam mode, you will occasionally get missions offered by story characters which are similar to single player missions, except with co-op options often up to 4 players (hopefully more in the future). These are the missions you're probably looking for, and they'll always be there. You can also call characters like Gerald and Simeon, and request for jobs, and they'll send an invitation to such missions which you can accept and then invite friends into.

- The "Missions" you see as stars on the map are not really the same thing, although they have the same job category (mission). Those are either Last Men Standing (aka: Team Deathmatch) or Team vs Teams activities which are capture the flag style, or other sort of challenges which pits one side against another.

Rockstar really likes to throw crap out completely undocumented. Lol.

What's the cheapest garage or apartment you can buy? 'Where' would be appreciated too.

Use your phone and go to the dynasty 8 website. All available apartments and garages are listed there with prices. You can create a waypoint to the locations through the site as well.

- The "Missions" you see as stars on the map are not really the same thing, although they have the same job category (mission). Those are either Last Men Standing (aka: Team Deathmatch) or Team vs Teams activities which are capture the flag style, or other sort of challenges which pits one side against another.

I think they should keep them but don't name them "missions" its misleading. That is one of the things I am putting in a feedback email to send to them. GTAOnline@rockstargames.com

dandoolan

Alright, so I've only just given it a go. Updated the game fine. Got into GTA Online with no issues. Created a character with no problem.
Go to Los Santos and was driven around by Lamar no problem.
And now I'm stuck waiting for some race I didn't ask to be in to start. Been here for 20 minutes so far, it just says 'Launching Session'.

Is this typical behaviour? Is this going to even actually log me into a session or has it died on me?

Rembrandt

Banned
Alright, so I've only just given it a go. Updated the game fine. Got into GTA Online with no issues. Created a character with no problem.
Go to Los Santos and was driven around by Lamar no problem.
And now I'm stuck waiting for some race I didn't ask to be in to start. Been here for 20 minutes so far, it just says 'Launching Session'.

Is this typical behaviour? Is this going to even actually log me into a session or has it died on me?

Gotta restart and try again.

The presentation in the game is really crappy and there's a lack of explanation for a lot of simple rules and progression in Online, so I'm not surprised if you're really confused, so lemme help clear some things up.

- As long as you play GTA Online in Free Roam mode, you will occasionally get missions offered by story characters which are similar to single player missions, except with co-op options often up to 4 players (hopefully more in the future). These are the missions you're probably looking for, and they'll always be there. You can also call characters like Gerald and Simeon, and request for jobs, and they'll send an invitation to such missions which you can accept and then invite friends into.

So i'm like forced to play with at least someone else if i want to progress in GTA O ?

Really? Is my character lost?

Your character SHOULD be fine. It will just load the game and your character will walk up to the race marker and try starting it again.

This sounds weird but just to be safe...
-make sure you launch GTA Online with Michael as the current selected character in the singleplayer save.
-Loading single player and launching GTA Online from the start menu under the "Online" tab seems to have better results.

Ploid 3.0

So i'm like forced to play with at least someone else if i want to progress in GTA O ?

I was doing the missions solo. Also since I could look after myself I got the no death bonuses. It was slower but it was fun, tougher than SP missions and more creative in how you approach them.

pushBAK

Played GTAO for the first time, 3 days after launch. And I have to say, it's real dumb. First race had my rubberbanding pretty bad. Physics on the car weren't all that great, and hitting other cars yielded almost no reaction.

Then I'm to grab the 'Drugs' with a few members of the race. Arrived under the bridge, went to grab it only to find enemy NPCs spawn in front of me, and kill me.

I'm giving one more shot tonight, if it's this bad I'm saying fuck it. I've got Beyond and the BF4 Beta to play in October.

dandoolan

This sounds weird but just to be safe...
-make sure you launch GTA Online with Michael as the current selected character in the singleplayer save.
-Loading single player and launching GTA Online from the start menu under the "Online" tab seems to have better results.

Thanks for the tip. This is how I got into it to start with, so I think you're on to something.

duckroll

Nope. All the "story" character missions are 1-2 players or 1-4 players. You can play alone, but they can be challenging. I did one mission with wonzo earlier where we kept failing, and on the third try, after he died near the start of the mission and we were out of lives again, I drove to Ammunation, stocked up on bullets and more armor, and managed to finish the mission solo while playing reaaaaaaaally carefully. We got 9k each, so it covered the death penalty expenses at least. Lol.

Kobalty

Please Odin say it isn't so my character has gone and so has all my money...??

Upon joining I got the popup message "rockstar cloud servers are having a wank and are unreachable at this moment in time" then mere seconds later the connection was restored and I was asked would I like to try and reconnect...I said yes.....and nothing.

I aint gonna make another fucking character this is like 5th one in 3 days.

Rage Kage

Neo Member
I've tried a few times to even start the initial race with my character, and the furthest I've gotten is to the point where the race members are in the lobby and I hit 'continue'. Then I sit around while the GTA Online Tips show up on screen.

Any way to completely delete my character/online itself and start over? (trying the whole 'turn it off and turn it back on' trick).

Thanks

Played GTAO for the first time, 3 days after launch. And I have to say, it's real dumb. First race had my rubberbanding pretty bad. Physics on the car weren't all that great, and hitting other cars yielded almost no reaction.

Then I'm to grab the 'Drugs' with a few members of the race. Arrived under the bridge, went to grab it only to find enemy NPCs spawn in front of me, and kill me.

I'm giving one more shot tonight, if it's this bad I'm saying fuck it. I've got Beyond and the BF4 Beta to play in October.

Bolded can be disabled in the job settings menu. Look for the option that says "Catch-up."

dandoolan

THE CHARACTER SAVED! It loaded me straight to him and tried launching the session again. I'm pleased, I got him set up with a GAF shirt and everything and would have been pissed to set it up again.

Top Bottom