• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Arcteryx

I'm finding it quite hilarious to block the doors with a heavy vehicle as someone robs a store. Either they get trapped inside or it slows them down enough that the cops have the building surrounded.

lol you're probably the dick that did that to me last night :)

I managed to kick the door open and jump out in a hail of police gunfire.

joelthecomic

Neo Member
Wish people would say whether they were PS3 or 360 when they were posting on their success/failure in accessing GTA:O.

Personally, I'm on PS3, and it's failed in numerous different ways since the launch including five tries just now.

I've also tried every tip that's supposed to make it work: deleting the update, deleting the character, launching from the solo campaign. Nothing has worked.

Gawge

Character gone again (at least 3 friends just had their characters wiped in the last few minutes too). [UK PS3]

Absolute dirge from Rockstar.

Ding-Ding

I'm finding it quite hilarious to block the doors with a heavy vehicle as someone robs a store. Either they get trapped inside or it slows them down enough that the cops have the building surrounded.

Its people like you who drive people away from multiplayer gaming.

Arcteryx

I'm level 10 and my characters look was glitched. guess I'll just have to restart.

If you go to character select it should prompt you(I was level 10 and didn't get the prompt until I manually switched characters). If not, then it's probably fubar and locked-in to whatever it looks like atm.

It's probably been mentioned but if you get the timed out error trying to join GTAOnline on PSN just sign out and you won't be stuck. Hitting X alone doesn't seem to work.

Mononoke

Banned
I got a couple hours of play in this morning. My character saved from last nights session. But then about 40 min ago, when I tried joining a job on my phone, it just did the infinite loop. I also noticed that everyone started to leave the room (so I assume they had the same issue). Now I can't get back online.

Seems like because it's mid-day, they are getting hammered again. I just keep getting timed out for trying to get online.

EDIT

It's probably been mentioned but if you get the timed out error trying to join GTAOnline on PSN just sign out and you won't be stuck. Hitting X doesn't seem to work.

I'll try that now. I did not know this. Thanks for the tip.

Ploid 3.0

When someone does that all you have to do is go to the E-store and exit out to save yourself and the money.

Kobalty

Looks like my character is gone for good, was able to join online without any server alerts but it just sends me straight to the empty character slots

tumblr_mdospo80hD1r2x77i.gif

"UK PS3"

Arcteryx

It's probably been mentioned but if you get the timed out error trying to join GTAOnline on PSN just sign out and you won't be stuck. Hitting X alone doesn't seem to work.

Good call. Looks like they are doing something to the PS3 version because I got kicked a few minutes ago and just get the "timed out" message now.

So, this beta (alpha) is still pretty rough eh?

I didn't even bother to try to sign on last night. Lucklily, the story is still providing lots of fun.

NeoGiff

Earlier my own ride was wrecked, so I jacked a random NPC's car. As I drove away, I got a text from 'Unknown' which said, "That's my car you stole, I'm gonna smoke you, you bastard." Sure enough, a $7,000 bounty was put on my head. Online is ruthless!

My guys been rolled back to two days ago. Fuck this fucking game. Such bullshit.

Still cant connect to any of my friends either (on 360)

jacobs34

I was able to sign in and play for an hour over lunch, not only did I get my character back, but the game allowed me to change its horrendous features to something more... human. Got up to level ten and around $30,000. Let's hope my luck holds when I try to play tonight.

J4g3r

My level 15 character just got deleted as the game froze.

Almost had my 100k for the 10 car garage too... :/

I'll be staying away from this until it is confirmed safe.

MFW+if+a+spider+does+that+in+my+house+_2e848382aa181159d5a27e499961b12d.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I put it in the OP to be cautious about investing too much in the game with characters being buggy like this.

It really does suck and I hope mine isn't gone but that's the risk that we take playing an alpha build. Shame really. But I warned you.

Tevious

Its people like you who drive people away from multiplayer gaming.

1. It's not like I'm griefing the same person over and over again.
2. As someone else mentioned, you can get out.
3. From a moral standpoint, they're robbing a store!

lol, I think it's pretty much harmless. I would just laugh if someone did it to me.

I also enjoy chasing people in police cars to throw people off and approaching them in this outfit:
0_0.jpg

dreamfall

So I shouldn't log on right now?

My character is level 20 I think.

Yesterday, she was 9 and then disappeared. Came back at a low 8, but all those messages about servers being messed up probably did it.

dreamfall

Another thing about saving- before quitting, I always switch back to the single player- the game tells me that the progress is being saved.

Doing it out of habit last night, as I'm not entirely sure how the autosave is working!

1. It's not like I'm griefing the same person over and over again.
2. As someone else mentioned, you can get out.
3. From a moral standpoint, they're robbing a store!

lol, I think it's pretty much harmless. I would just laugh if someone did it to me.

I also enjoy chasing people in police cars to throw people off and approaching them in this outfit:
0_0.jpg

Hahahhhah, love the doors joke... really :)

Arcteryx

Another thing about saving- before quitting, I always switch back to the single player- the game tells me that the progress is being saved.

Doing it out of habit last night, as I'm not entirely sure how the autosave is working!

This or going into the pause menu and selecting leave online are the recommended(according to the tips) ways of saving to the cloud. Supposedly it also saves after missions/buying stuff, but who knows.

breakfuss

I like to wait outside while someone robs a store, steal their getaway car and run them over with it. Lovely.

Dug

Banned
So I just logged in and it doesn't have my character that was a level 10.

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Tevious

I was just playing when all of sudden all the cars disappeared. I tried to join a new session, but it failed over and over again. Solo play is working for me now, but just tried to do a mission and it seemed stuck on the loading screen for a while, but it just sent me back to solo.

Top Bottom