• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

kingkitty

I finally got in, passed the first race, did the other tutorial mission, and now I'm FREE.

I WON LAMAR. ME.

You and your race trigger can go to hell.

lem0n

Been having no issues the past few days. I was curious how to retrieve cars that you lost, though? I had a Vapid Sandking XL in my garage- I put a tracker in it. I lost it online to some asshole who just shot it up and killed me. I went back looking for it, and checked the map, nothing. It's gone. I spent a little money on it so I'd love to get it back. I also checked the impound... any ideas where it could have went?

I'm about to just replace it with a Carbon RS

Does anyone here own any property yet? Making my way to owning a apartment, just $50,000 to go!

Yeah I bought the $135,000 one with the 6 car garage, also when you get a garage go on the car website you get a free car.

Got most of my cash by replaying a Gerald mission where you got 9k and a bunch of xp.

The story missions are a lot more tense than anything in the single player, when its your money on lithe line for dying it realy pisses you off when you die.

Rrm

Neo Member
Can anyone confirm this? I played yesterday and I could have sworn only 10% of your CASH goes away.

I went online just now had 18k on the bank and whenever I die, 10% of my bank money is gone. Is this a glitch or normal?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm in, US PS3.

Same here everything seems to be working flawlessly now. Properties are showing up, arm wrestling, darts, stripclubs. I hope this is a good sign because as I said earlier when it works it's as much fun as I've had with a multiplayer game.

That may not be saying much coming from me though, I don't play many online games.

So if the characters are stored on Social Club servers, does this mean you can play the same characters on the 360 and PS3? Or do you have separate characters on each platform?

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Played a little bit this morning(ps3) and everything was fine. A bit into the match the rest of the lobby all got kicked. I tried to join another, but could not get back in. Restarted game and brought me back to the character creation with mine deleted, but my gaf crew is still there and all my money too, weird. I'm sure my created will be back...hopefully :p

I starting to get to the point where I already miss GTA 4's online. Even though the new games modes here and the their implementation are cool, the novelty of it all is starting to wear off. I'm realizing how much I miss the the deathmatches in 4 that would sprawl all over the city ( and not just be confined to a neighborhood block like here in 5 ) and the 16 man races, coupled with how the cars handled ( they're too easy to handle in 5, makes it a little less interesting ).Freemode is better here though without i doubt, but I was never into freemode just wanna race and shoot shit.It's hard to say how long I'll stay with online,but I'm hoping it grows on me though.

Marleyman

Banned
I starting to get to the point where I already miss GTA 4's online. Even though the new games modes here and the their implementation are cool, the novelty of it all is starting to wear off. I'm realizing how much I miss the the deathmatches in 4 that would sprawl all over the city ( and not just be confined to a neighborhood block like here in 5 ) and the 16 man races, coupled with how the cars handled ( they're too easy to handle in 5, makes it a little less interesting ).Freemode is better here though without i doubt, but I was never into freemode just wanna race and shoot shit.It's hard to say how long I'll stay with online,but I'm hoping it grows on me though.

I loved GTA 4 online; cops n crooks, GTA Race...since I can't access anything I don't even know if they have the same type of options as 4 does.

MKAllDay

I keep seeing everyone talking about selling cars to LS Customs but whenever I try it simply is not an option. Do you need to be a certain level or have a certain amount of progress to unlock the ability to sell?

E92 M3

I'm past tutorial I just go to pay n spray with car re-buy and it's done.

It just won't save but it's taking my money.

Doesn't bother me that much because I make 9k every couple of in game hrs by selling cars.

Does it always just add the number to your cell and then you lose it?

Dug

Banned
I wonder how far out you can go when you play deathmatch? I ran into the streets when in one and stole a car, maybe they stop you after going a certain distance?

UV-6

Just tried to get online for the first time (PS3). I couldn't get past the intro race, won't even start. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Nemic77

Great... My level 14 character is also gone. Not creating another character for the time being.

I really hope it's something to do with the servers and that it wasn't deleted...

skynidas

Banned
Sooooo, I'm about to get home and my intentions are spending a lot of time tonight leveling up my character. Earlier today everything was working great. If anyone wants to join me add me on PSN:skynidas

whyman

Oh wow so now the character the I created because my other one got deleted is now gone aswell......COCKSTAR!!!!

Jack-Nicholson.gif

(UK PS3)

Yes this GIF is exactly as i feel aswell after the same experience. What a clusterfuck this is.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just robbed a store, yelling at the clerk i'll shoot him if he doesn't hurry. Some fat woman pulled a gun on the street and started shooting me. Killed the clerk and her, barely survived.

Plasmid

No way. No way Nooooooo wayyyyyyy.

Loaded up my lvl 17 online character from last night....

and...

It's GONE.

x360

At this point we don't know if when the cloud servers come back if our characters will come back too. Don't try to play / replace your character slot and just wait.

Branson

Spent like 3 hours playing last night and it froze during a race. I came back and my character was deleted. So annoying. How the fuck does that even happen

dreamfall

At this point we don't know if when the cloud servers come back if our characters will come back too. Don't try to play / replace your character slot and just wait.

Amen to this. I had the same problem yesterday afternoon- when the Cloud servers came back, my character reappeared. Don't replace the slot! Wait it out!

mcfrank

I have not even tried playing this yet as I knew it would be a clusterfuck and I did not want to put myself through that much annoyance. Hopefully it will be good to go on Saturday when I finally sit down to play.

Top Bottom