• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

dandoolan

I can tell which of my friends are having issues because my xbox keeps telling me they've started playing GTA V every 5 minutes.

How does vehicle insurance work?

I steal a car, get it insured, leave garage and then it's says I can ring the company to get car back.

I leave game and it's gone bad so is the money I spent.

Do I need to own a garage or just shitty server issues?

I steal a car, get it insured, leave garage and then it's says I can ring the company to get car back.

If your car is gone, just call the insurance people to file a claim.

They really should've just came out and said last week that they were pushing it back another couple weeks. Yes, everyone would've bitched but it would've been better than this abomination of a launch where people's single player progress is now in jeopardy.

Of course that's assuming another couple of weeks would've been enough time to get their shit together. As of now it's been three days and it seems like problems are just getting worse.

Arcteryx

Assuming the game didn't glitch, you should see a car icon on your map from the GPS tracker. If not, then it's either glitched or your car got blown up somehow and you'll have to call the insurance company to get a replacement.

Mondy

Banned
Anybody else have a weird bug in the character creator, when you're choosing who your grandparents are, both the Grandma and Grandpa sections only change the Grandma model.

I don't know if I'm missing something here in how they've set it up but it's pretty confusing.

So just to be clear, there's no free aim lobby or playlist in GTAO, like in RDR or MP3? That's the one thing that I feel is going to hurt this game in the long run and make everything Rockstar's tried to do to make this game amazing go down the shitter, because no matter what it's still a LT + RT spamfest. Why they have to be so adamant about shoving lock on aiming as standard when they've spent years to improve the gameplay enough to where it can be played like a legit TPS is beyond me. The random deaths in freeroam whilst driving or getting gunned down from halfway across a map in deathmatch would be no where near frustrating if I could be comfortable knowing that the other guy was actually aiming. Hell, I'd give them props for being good shots. At the moment? I never feel like dying has been fair. Is it really that hard for them to develop real assisted aiming, like most other console shooters?

Go in the quick menu (select/back) and recall your car, you can also set who can enter in you car

Gaz_RB

So just to be clear, there's no free aim lobby or playlist in GTAO, like in RDR or MP3? That's the one thing that I feel is going to hurt this game in the long run and make everything Rockstar's tried to do to make this game amazing go down the shitter, because no matter what it's still a LT + RT spamfest. Why they have to be so adamant about shoving lock on aiming as standard when they've spent years to improve the gameplay enough to where it can be played like a legit TPS is beyond me. The random deaths in freeroam whilst driving or getting gunned down from halfway across a map in deathmatch would be no where near frustrating if I could be comfortable knowing that the other guy was actually aiming. Hell, I'd give them props for being good shots. At the moment? I never feel like dying has been fair. Is it really that hard for them to develop real assisted aiming, like most other console shooters?

There is free aim lobbies

dreamfall

There is- you've got to set your Aiming settings in Single Player to Free Aim, and then go online. You're definitely right about lock-on changing the way the game is played in the long run, so enter a free aim lobby!

Also, if someone on your friend list is in a Lock-on lobby, it'll tell you if you want to confirm going into a new lobby where the setting is different should you choose to join their game.

Free aim always! The new challenges of trying to go through a mission on Hard, with the precise aiming of enemies is thrilling. We had to plan out our attacks to take out literally six guys. Two shots too many, and you're gone!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

I was in a free aim lobby at first but now I got stuck in an aim assist one. I've gone back to my SP game and i'm still getting thrown into aim assist. :|

EDIT: Ok, so if you get put into an aim assist lobby, it also changes your SP aiming so you need to go back and change it again.

There is free aim lobbies

How do you access them? Edit: nvm

There is- you've got to set your Aiming settings in Single Player to Free Aim, and then go online. You're definitely right about lock-in changing the way the game in played in the long run, so enter a free aim lobby!

Also, if someone on your friend list is in a Lock-on lobby, it'll tell you if you want to confirm going into a new lobby where the setting is different should you choose to join their game.

Free aim always!

Oh wow, that's how you do it? Well, Rockstar definitely did a poor job of explaining that one.

But in the long run that actually sounds great. And hear I was thinking that would just turn off my lock on but keep everyone elses on (Which sounds like the worst). If turning it off means I'm put in a lobby with others with free aim automatically that's great. Thanks for the heads up!

Dany

Banned
omgomgomg it worked, my guy is so happy! :D

0_0.jpg

If your car is gone, just call the insurance people to file a claim.

Assuming the game didn't glitch, you should see a car icon on your map from the GPS tracker. If not, then it's either glitched or your car got blown up somehow and you'll have to call the insurance company to get a replacement.

Go in the quick menu (select/back) and recall your car, you can also set who can enter in you car

That's the thing I can't call up, the number is gone, no symbol and when I use the BACK menu it's says I don't own a car.

dreamfall

I am so damn salty that boys are playing and I can't access shit.

Marleyman, the legend- we'll be crewing up in no time! I swear after you get past that tutorial race, you're home free.

I sat there, and just launched into online- if I didn't get in the race, I quit the dash. Repeated that for 2 hours and more until it worked.

Once in, we've been having a relatively smooth time. Activities for hours, mission invites to sessions- it's been wild.

E92 M3

That's the thing I can't call up, the number is gone, no symbol and when I use the BACK menu it's says I don't own a car.

My insurance is also gone - but I hopefully we can rebuy it with it being glitched forever.

Anyone ever rebought it after the losing the number past the tutorial?

Marleyman

Banned
Marleyman, the legend- we'll be crewing up in no time! I swear after you get past that tutorial race, you're home free.

I sat there, and just launched into online- if I didn't get in the race, I quit the dash. Repeated that for 2 hours and more until it worked.

Once in, we've been having a relatively smooth time. Activities for hours, mission invites to sessions- it's been wild.

dreamfall; you know I want to play with you guys. I will try hard again tonight; hope for the best!

Spat_triate

Servers probably overloaded by the influx of kids coming home from school. After reading the horror stories of people losing characters, I'm staying off until they go to sleep.

Gorillaz

Hopefully it's maintenance + patch. There was a really stupid exploit Rockstar left in GTAO that allowed people to get cash fast at the expense of straining the servers.
It worked flawlessly this morning. Switched between characters and even joined a full free roam lobby so Ithink its work being done.

US PS3

My insurance is also gone - but I hopefully we can rebuy it with it being glitched forever.

Anyone ever rebought it after the losing the number past the tutorial?

I'm past tutorial I just go to pay n spray with car re-buy and it's done.

It just won't save but it's taking my money.

Doesn't bother me that much because I make 9k every couple of in game hrs by selling cars.

Glitch or... Wrong insurace? There's two option but i don't know the difference between them. I use the first, is some sort of microchip that save your vehicle.

Just don't think it's saved ill do it right at the start of a session and see if it saves along with everything else.

I just buy both!

Vaco6121

Glitch or... Wrong insurace? There's two option but i don't know the difference between them. I use the first, is some sort of microchip that save your vehicle.

The microchip just shows you where your car is on the map. The insurance just allows you to replace your vehicle if it gets destroyed.

Looks like my character is gone for good, was able to join online without any server alerts but it just sends me straight to the empty character slots

tumblr_mdospo80hD1r2x77i.gif

"UK PS3"

Same here. Played for around 20 minutes, turn my PS3 off, then when I came back my character was gone (PAL 40GB PS3 here, from Italy).

I'll wait a couple of days before trying again.

Kobalty

Oh wow so now the character the I created because my other one got deleted is now gone aswell......COCKSTAR!!!!

Jack-Nicholson.gif

(UK PS3)

Top Bottom