• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

That's the thing I can't call up, the number is gone, no symbol and when I use the BACK menu it's says I don't own a car.

Had the same thing happen to 2 characters :-(

I'm getting more pissed by the minute with this game. Ever since I changed to my 2nd character (the only way I could get the game to load), I've had a SERIOUS amount of POP-IN. Massive buildings & whole landscapes and it's doing it shit loads.

w.t.f ?

I have had not even any amount in single player with this much pop in - its shit....

Anyone else with shit loads more pop in online?

Ploid 3.0

It seem like anytime "the cloud" is involved with gaming, everything gets screwed up. Diablo 3 - Cloud, Sims 3 - Cloud, and now GTA Online - Cloud.

Mayyhem

This shit work yet? I've yet to make an Online character cause I've been afraid any online progress would just get corrupt or I'd corrupt my SP progress.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It deleted both of my characters.

Seriously, fuck this game.

Just robbed a store, yelling at the clerk i'll shoot him if he doesn't hurry. Some fat woman pulled a gun on the street and started shooting me. Killed the clerk and her, barely survived.

Does yelling in the mic actually make them go faster, raise the meter on the bottom right corner?

I wonder how far out you can go when you play deathmatch? I ran into the streets when in one and stole a car, maybe they stop you after going a certain distance?

You can go out as far as you want, problem is, is you respawn in the same small area for the match, regardless of where you die so you can't spread the action out, at least not for long. And matches usually take place between a bunch of buildings, so you can't try and run people over for the whole match either( that used to be so fun)

Mondy

Banned
This shit work yet? I've yet to make an Online character cause I've been afraid any online progress would just get corrupt or I'd corrupt my SP progress.

It worked fine for a short period a couple of hours ago, now it's dead again and deleting peoples progress.

TehPabz

They reset the servers that's why all of our characters are deleted. Looks like everyone will have to remake your people :(. PS3 Here.

We're never gonna get to play this are we? It's always gonna be down for most if everyone keeps on trying to get in, lol. I did my part and only tried a max of 3 times in a row per day, don't be greedy people :p

And R*, you don'y be greedy either, purchase more servers, dammit.

dreamfall

They reset the servers that's why all of our characters are deleted. Looks like everyone will have to remake your people :(. PS3 Here.

This is probably untrue! Waaaait! I had the same thing happen to me yesterday (360), character vanished. Two hours later, she was back!

Don't replace the character slot- don't save over it!

E92 M3

Yep I see it in contacts.

But when I come back online I have no car or contact.

It saves the fact I spent 10K insuring the fucker!

Thanks - at least I know it won't glitch from my phonebook.

And all of the lost characters is exactly why I'm not playing till at least Saturday. Would HATE to lose progress.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Was doing a Simeon mission and we got stuck in the metro after losing the cops. I love the multiplayer just for the fact that it makes you discover areas you haven't seen before.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Nope, so far so good here. What a clusterfuck though, some people get wiped some people are connecting fine. I'm in the camp of connecting fine, for now anyway. My guy from last night is still there and I'm banking cash. Saving up for an apartment, I'd rather get a house but apartment seems to be the only thing available.

Sooooo, I'm about to get home and my intentions are spending a lot of time tonight leveling up my character. Earlier today everything was working great. If anyone wants to join me add me on PSN:skynidas

If you are on PSN now shoot me a FR. Name is same as here. You're in the crew, right?

Defyler

Switched to single player and tried a Beverly mission with franklin. I can't complete the mission to take a picture because when the camera tries to load I get...

"failed to load a list of your snapmatic photos from the social club. The rockstart game services are unavailable. please try later."

So i guess i have to play single player offline....

Gorillaz

Sorry about Soulwax but......I gotta side with Non Stop Pop. There is nothing greater then having a bounty on you, being chased by the entire lobby and cops while having Rihanna play in the background.

It's what dreams are made of

Please tell me those of you who have had their character deleted or had their monies disappear that you are emailing Rockstar in a calm tone and explaining in detail what happened. They said from the beginning that there will be growing pains. It sucks to lose progress, yes, thats true. But just bitching here and not providing Rockstar with the corcumstances surrounding the game shitting itself on your chest won't expidite the resolution of those issues.

My two cents.

Thanks - at least I know it won't glitch from my phonebook.

And all of the lost characters is exactly why I'm not playing till at least Saturday. Would HATE to lose progress.

Yeah same, I only went on this evening to see if I could complete tutorial and check if it's saved and it has so I'm happy.

So hopefully Saturday evening it will be in a better state.

Annnd my characters are apparently gone... Had a feeling when I saw the silhouette instead of my character's face on the wheel...They better fucking come back. Even "Methany" is gone and she didn't even get a chance to get high in Los Santos!

Dead

well not really...yet
Please tell me those of you who have had their character deleted or had their monies disappear that you are emailing Rockstar in a calm tone and explaining in detail what happened. They said from the beginning that there will be growing pains. It sucks to lose progress, yes, thats true. But just bitching here and not providing Rockstar with the corcumstances surrounding the game shitting itself on your chest won't expidite the resolution of those issues.

My two cents.
This isn't growing pains. This is stillbirth.

Ardenyal

Third character today to make it past that shitbag Lamar.

Haven't used slot #1 after my character from yesterday disappeared. She never came back :( others have come and gone...

Evolved1

My two cents.

Growing pains... lol.

breakfuss

I'm pretty sure the map is different. Something more "open" about it. I thought this yesterday, but I'm almost certain now.

todahawk

Same here everything seems to be working flawlessly now. Properties are showing up, arm wrestling, darts, stripclubs. I hope this is a good sign because as I said earlier when it works it's as much fun as I've had with a multiplayer game.

That may not be saying much coming from me though, I don't play many online games.

fingers crossed for tonight.... i've lost every character i've created. was gonna recreate last night again but was too tired. i'll probably try again but i'm not going to do much because i'm honestly tired of creating my char over and over and over again.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Does yelling in the mic actually make them go faster, raise the meter on the bottom right corner?

Yeah, it worked.

Nope, PS3 here and i'm playing my character from yesterday right now.

Anyone think it's safe to buy a garage yet?

Evolved1

fingers crossed for tonight.... i've lost every character i've created. was gonna recreate last night again but was too tired. i'll probably try again but i'm not going to do much because i'm honestly tired of creating my char over and over and over again.

The worst part is this forced, unskippable intro every time...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Ah, sucks man. I saw you off an on last night. Hopefully we can get together tonight and tear some shit up.

Ploid 3.0

My two cents.

I don't email. It's their problem, it would be nice to if they did something for us but they have motivation enough to get thing working since the money store is down until things are fixed. Like when original FFXIV stopped charging when they had problems, and they gave a week or 2 of free online for FFXIV 2.0 because of login issues.

Sorry about Soulwax but......I gotta side with Non Stop Pop. There is nothing greater then having a bounty on you, being chased by the entire lobby and cops while having Rihanna play in the background.

It's what dreams are made of

That Rihanna song is one of the worst.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
This is probably untrue! Waaaait! I had the same thing happen to me yesterday (360), character vanished. Two hours later, she was back!

Don't replace the character slot- don't save over it!

Same here! Use the other slot people. Only be properly concerned if it says your save file is corrupted!

Top Bottom