• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
You can see and drive any car at level 1. Too hot to moddify is just a level limit. They don't do a good job at identifying which cars are limited to which level though.

Seriously? I drove around for an hour during that "find a vehicle" mission and saw nothing but low end beater cars, even in michaels neighborhood

I guess "too hot" means it hasn't been unlocked online yet. I checked on the cell and the coquette is "sold out"...

blegh. sucks.

Oh, just got the "online tips" images during the loading screen for the first time. Mostly the cover art images. pretty cool, actually.

Sorry about Soulwax but......I gotta side with Non Stop Pop. There is nothing greater then having a bounty on you, being chased by the entire lobby and cops while having Rihanna play in the background.

It's what dreams are made of

I know GTA gets real when I'm running from cops at 4 stars with "This is one thing that's got me tripping" is being played in the background. Amazing.

It's Glamorous, glamorous glamorous.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
i've lost 2 different guys now, after the first one went i kept my money but after this second one has gone i've lost all the money i had :(

Gawge

Hopefully this patch which they say is coming tomorrow will solve the problems. I'm not too hopeful - but if they could just stop the deletion of characters, it would at least be a step in the right direction. It would still be horrible getting stuck in aerial view, loading screens etc... but at least you wouldn't have to go through a tutorial every time you want to play.

If my characters returned, I would have two level 6's. Not really sure which one I would use.

It must be pretty easy for you to have such an enlightened, understanding position... since you have admitted the game works for you.

Good for you dude. Good for you.

What I said is prople having issues should try and email Rockstar to try and get them resolved faster. I didn't say I've never had issues. I have. And I emailed them about them, as they are asking us all to do.

And yeah, it was great playing for two hours today with no issues. Are you suggesting I should feel bad about that, or not share that with everyone? No fun allowed, right?

Edit: One issue I'm still encountering is, after a successful online mission, sometimes I'm left in the world all alone, and have to switch back to single player and back again before anyone appears. Anybody else have this issue?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Oh god dammit, level 8, I just get taken into story when it wouldn't join a friend, jump back online and my character has bloody disappeared. For heaven sake, I was just on her!

Mononoke

Banned
What I said is prople having issues should try and email Rockstar to try and get them resolved faster. I didn't say I've never had issues. I have. And I emailed them about them, as they are asking us all to do.

And yeah, it was great playing for two hours today with no issues. Are you suggesting I should feel bad about that, or not share that with everyone? No fun allowed, right?

I was able to play for 4 hours this morning. And 2 hours last night. But I can never play during the mid-day.

Oh god dammit, level 8, I just get taken into story when it wouldn't join a friend, jump back online and my character has bloody disappeared. For heaven sake, I was just on her!

Just wait it out. Don't create another character on that slot.

Zep

Banned
Played for 6 hrs last night, had a level 8. Now he is gone, and I made a new dude in same slot. Man this sucks .... all my cash is still in the bank too lol.

Aw shit dude, you should have just turned it off and waited it out. Well, at least you'll give me a reason to do some early missions again!

Ploid 3.0

Seriously? I drove around for an hour during that "find a vehicle" mission and saw nothing but low end beater cars, even in michaels neighborhood

I guess "too hot" means it hasn't been unlocked online yet. I checked on the cell and the coquette is "sold out"...

blegh. sucks.

Oh, just got the "online tips" images during the loading screen for the first time. Mostly the cover art images. pretty cool, actually.

I think sold out on the phone is because of your level. Like the locked up weapons at amunation. Online finding cars is harder because they do a ton of clones unlike single player to make gameplay smoother. The online map (not solo) is lower quality and seem to run smoother when you are not near people. Less details and stuff. Anyway, when cars start cloning they really clone. The same car as far as the eye can see on the freeway is not out of the ordinary to me.

How do you place a bounty on someone?

You have to be rank 10 and visit Lester. You'll then be able to place a bounty on another player by phoning Lester.

You also can't have a bounty placed on you (by another player or a civilian) until you have reached rank 10.

The update goes up tomorrow? Great! Just in time for the Xbox Live free gold weekend where the servers get hammered twice as bad and we have a whole new set of problems.

Darko

You have to be rank 10 and visit Lester. You'll then be able to place a bounty on another player by phoning Lester.

You also can't have a bounty placed on you (by another player or a civilian) until you have reached rank 10.

well that sucks :(

Gorillaz

Title update?

Lmao yea complete cloud server wipe down incoming. Those profiles are probably going to be erased to start over clean

Zep

Banned
After playing this online, Im not sure I can go back to the single player**

except when the shit doesn't work

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Officially like "What the fuck"

Spent an hour looking for a coquette
evaded cops, asshole players for 20 or so minutes
roll up to LScustoms
"This vehicle is too hot to modify! Purchase high end vehicles online!"

So what you're fucking telling me is that I can't steal 'better' after earning a high enough rank to see them in the world, I have to purchase them like a law abiding citizen?

Isn't the name of this game "Grand Theft Auto"... as in "I just stole this fucking car"?
exactly my point..
wtfisthisshit.jpg

together with the ongoing server issues the thread should be renamed to "this game is to hot to play"

Mothman91

This update...I'm thinking it's more on the characters disappearing than the just trying to do the first mission kind of patch? Or it's more of everything??

Reule

Nice, glad to hear about the title update. I haven't touched Online since I froze in the character creator, haha. I hope it also fixes whatever bug they introduced with the mission order. It'd be nice if my girlfriend didn't have to start the entire game over because she definitely won't.

I just want to get on and have good experience. I'm surprised at the patience some of you with characters being erased or lost two or three times over. @.@

It must be pretty easy for you to have such an enlightened, understanding position... since you have admitted the game works for you.

Good for you dude. Good for you.

lol.

Even though I've been playing with not too much trouble since yesterday, I'm really annoyed that everyone else is having trouble getting on because I'd really like to play with some other GAF'ers in the PS3 GAF crew.

You in the GAF PS3 crew Evolved? I'm already on your friends list, but just curious.

This update...I'm thinking it's more on the characters disappearing than the just trying to do the first mission kind of patch? Or it's more of everything??

Possibly both. They said something on twitter that they were trying to bypass that first race for players or something. Really hoping they fix up the vanishing characters though. Makes me scared to progress.

Oh man it would be awesome if they fixed it for the weekend. Clearing schedule just in case.

Even if glitchy, main thing is to never have corrupted characters.

Is it possible to drop money like you can drop weapons and ammo? Want to give some guy a few bucks.

If you hold Back/Select to bring up the interaction menu and go into inventory and then cash, you should be able to send money to a player of your choice through there.

Edit: Slower than a Faggio.

Top Bottom