• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

How the fuck are people 1 hitting me in a car? I don't fucking understand. I just robbed a store and I was driving along full speed and out of nowhere someone gets a headshot on me. How the fuck?

I have a question, if it says I'm booted by other players, is that really the case, or does the game glitch like that? Why do people hate me?

I was playing online last night at about 3am (only time it actually started working) and the cloud commercial came on the radio it was almost to coincidental.

'You're fired internet.'

That TU hopefully should work. All my friends can't connect yet me and one other friend have been playing almost glitch free since Tuesday. This game would be so much better with friends only lobbies. Crossing fingers!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Oh, nevermind. Filters.

0_0.jpg
Yaaaay!

Dug

Banned
Im hoping thats the case, the character in the vid doesnt show up, but the money I had shows up in the top right hand corner at the select screen.
Happening to me too. I'm at the select screen and it says "Bank $631 and Cash $0' so maybe the servers are coming back?

RoySFNR

So after being dropped into a wasteland without the intro playing, me being kicked while attempting to start the first race and waiting 20 minutes before giving up on loading the race the second time, I'm absolutely done.

How they have not expected this when they DID expect to make a fuckton of sales in the first few weeks is beyond me. I really thought Rockstar would get this right.

ruttyboy

So, went round my friend's tonight and finally managed to get him online (and weirdly he started with over £20k, which he spend on a sharp outfit) and so excitedly came home to log on and raise some hell with him, only to find that my character had been deleted... again. FFS.

Heres hoping we can finally get crews working

Wait, what do you mean by this? I have my friends in a crew with me last night and a major point of frustration for us was we could never seem to remain in the same lobbies/free roam session or play on the same teams. I thought I was just too stupid to figure out the overly fucking convoluted menu system.

DukeBobby

If my character doesn't come back, I'll probably stop playing for good.

From the 5-6 hours I played, it seems decent enough, but not something I can see maintaining my interest for a long time.

Stop starting new characters people. I'm sure you're just deleting the old ones. My same character keeps coming and going but never stays permanently deleted. Just quit and try loading straight into it later.

Zep

Banned
Wait, what do you mean by this? I have my friends in a crew with me last night and a major point of frustration for us was we could never seem to remain in the same lobbies/free roam session or play on the same teams. I thought I was just too stupid to figure out the overly fucking convoluted menu system.

Thats pretty weird. Riggs and myself were playing with the same 3 guys doing TDM, DM, Crooked Cops for at least 2 hours. After a match, we would all vote on which one to do next.

Mileena

Banned
Whoevers idea it was to allow softlock online and have the deathmatch modes radar show where the opposite team is ruined the game. I don't even see the point of shooting if everyone knows where everyone is and no one has to aim for themselves. GTA: Kindergarten

For the people who are getting their characters deleted is it on 360 or PS3 ?

Thanks,

We played for several hours straight on PS3 last night with hardly any hang ups on our end. It was also quite smooth, despite all that I've read here. It was our first time playing, ranked up to about 7 or 8, had almost $20k in the bank.

Go to start a mission after I get done losing the cops in the hills north of Vinewood, get stuck on "downloading" for over ten minutes. Quit out to the XMB, restart the game, low and behold, character deleted.

Not playing for a long while now, after that. Still has single player to finish anyway.

Edit: Should note my friend is hosting from S. Korea and I was hosting from Taiwan (fastest internetz in the world won't save us from character deletion hell).

Gorillaz

Whoevers idea it was to allow softlock online and have the deathmatch modes radar show where the opposite team is ruined the game. I don't even see the point of shooting if everyone knows where everyone is and no one has to aim for themselves. GTA: Kindergarten

When I had the chance of playing it I sat there thinking "who the fuck actually ok'd half of these mechanics and rules for deathmatch". It's terrible worse experience then I ever had playing a CoD

Thats pretty weird. Riggs and myself were playing with the same 3 guys doing TDM, DM, Crooked Cops for at least 2 hours. After a match, we would all vote on which one to do next.

Well, anytime we finished a mission/death match and wanted to go back to free roam together, it would kick us out to another server with random strangers. How the hell am I supposed to re-host a private "friends/crew only" sesssion from there? I can never see the option, so I quit out of online entirely back to singe player and start over from there, where I can actually see the fucking option.

Can somebody explain to me why I can login on my brothers account and play online no problem, but on my name I can't even get through the first race? WTF

Mononoke

Banned
Only shots I managed to take. The lighting is weird (shadow cast on the face). Haven't taken any since, and I can't get online right now:

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jc2Fm9S.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GtWaMUm.jpg[/IMG]

She kind of has them crazy eyes. Although she usually doesn't look like that (in terms of the angry frown face + the eyes being open wide). lol

besada

Banned
Got to actually play some. Did a few races, flew a plane into someone, had a shoot out with a guy as we ran all over the map. Good stuff.

Edit: And my guy looks like Nick Kroll.

Serious question: can you sell any cars you find? During the "insure a car" tutorial a bit I found a white Infernus literally a quarter mile away from Michael's house and got disappointed that I had to buy it online to insure it.

Riggs

Banned

Man it was fun to, don't fuck with big zep he rolls hard with the pump.

Add me guys Klipp3d on PSN. Hope you on later Zep,and my guy comes back ... that would be awesome.

Billen

Banned
I must say that the online is even worse than I imagined. There is nothing going on beside people running around shooting each other, and the cityscape seems filled with autoaimers even though I run with assist off.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Serious question: can you sell any cars you find? During the "insure a car" tutorial a bit I found a white Infernus literally a quarter mile away from Michael's house and got disappointed that I had to buy it online to insure it.

Yes, you can drive them to Los Santos customs and sell them there. Most all of the higher end cars are 'too hot to handle'. Best money maker is stealing and selling the Escalade looking SUV's. There is a cool down time though so you can't just go sell them over and over again, which kinda sucks.

Enable free aim in single player, it'll automatically put you in free aim lobbies. Stupid that they split it up again like with Max Payne 3, but oh well. Also, regarding the radar, I've played a match or two, and the blips only seem to appear when making too much noise, or sprinting. But in that one-life mode, everyone appears on the radar for some dumb fucking reason.

Derrick01

Banned
Got back online with everything intact.

Same, I'm still playing alone so far though. Couldn't convince any friends to jump online and risk losing their characters. So I've basically been going around and robbing stores, at least until I did one near Trevor's house and got 3 stars for it instead of the standard 2. That was kind of a bitch to get away from in a sedan.

Merino

Stop starting new characters people. I'm sure you're just deleting the old ones. My same character keeps coming and going but never stays permanently deleted. Just quit and try loading straight into it later.
Nope doesnt work like that. I've restarted and waited multiple hours but character never came back.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Rockstar:
Update: We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online. We hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow.

Top Bottom