• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Gawge

Rockstar on their small cloud - dangling GTAO in front of us all.

tumblr_mikgryICWN1rrftcdo1_500.gif

Covfan

I wish you could kill people on your mission because they are idiots, bloke I was on one of the repo missions with decided to start shooting at police.

Hopefully the server is just offline or we can't reach it and our shit isn't actually deleted.

Oh and with the radio talk I really, really hope they expand on the radio because the stuff on there is already getting old for me, especially the talk radio stations... I wouldn't miss Chakra Attack if it got "cancelled".

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Anyone know of an online guide that shows the stats of all cars?

... and on that note, anyone know if car stats are the same between Campaign and Online?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
lol.

Even though I've been playing with not too much trouble since yesterday, I'm really annoyed that everyone else is having trouble getting on because I'd really like to play with some other GAF'ers in the PS3 GAF crew.

You in the GAF PS3 crew Evolved? I'm already on your friends list, but just curious.

No... the main one was full-up so I sent a request to the 2nd crew.

But I probably won;t be playing for a few days... this is just too annoying. And even when it "works" I have some issues with it. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Actually got online to load fairly quickly and do the things it actually set out to do (players on the map and my character shows up on the wheel! and no save error messages!)

now to exit and see if it actually kept anything

A couple of hours later and my character is still not appearing. Do I have to restart?

No, I think the cloud is down for a lot of people too. I'm just idling in SP until the cloud icon comes on saying it's loading my online profile. But since I'm not just gonna stare at the screen until that happens, I'm just checking once in a while if my character shows up on the character wheel.

Zep

Banned
You people need to relax and know that your character being erased doesn't seem to be a permanent thing.

Just don't override it by creating a new character. I thought the same thing yesterday and waited it out till later last night and he was back with all my monies!

Mononoke

Banned
Aaaand character deleted. Fuck this shit.

Again, we don't know if it's deleted. For many, their characters came back at a later time. The issue is the cloud servers are down. Don't create another character on that same slot. They will probably come back. Yesterday the same thing happened to many, and when the Cloud Server error was no longer there, the characters came back.

Gaz_RB

It might have got answered, but you put bounties on people by calling Lester after rank ten. Sometimes NPC's your pissed off can put a bounty on you. You don't get a bounty on you automatically if you have over 5 grand on you.

SeanR1221

Someone clear something up.

If I'm in free mode and start a mission, the people in the lobby are other randoms starting that mission, right? They're not the same as the people from free mode?

If I'm with a friend in free mode and start a mission, is there an easy way to bring him with me?

Edit by mission I mean job, not a mission from your phone

RS4-

Is there was a way to tell if a mission/job is actual coop and not team vs team objective.

Unless I'm missing something obvious.

Arcteryx

If I'm in free mode and start a mission, the people in the lobby are other randoms starting that mission, right? They're not the same as the people from free mode?

If I'm with a friend in free mode and start a mission, is there an easy way to bring him with me?

You should be able to select who to send the invite to: free roam(basically everyone in the map you're in now), friends, crew, etc.

Yeah lol. I also think their proportions are bizarre. A lot of females are much taller than the men, and have weird arm length etc.

I don't think you can adjust height at all, but yea, all of the females I've seen have been like a head taller than any of the other players/npcs.

Gorillaz

Look at Free Roam as the hub. Thats basically it. From there you go to any of the stuff and invite other people in the hub to join you or people from other hubs. People will get a text on the phone if someone in there hub is heading into a mission

It might have got answered, but you put bounties on people by calling Lester after rank ten. Sometimes NPC's your pissed off can put a bounty on you. You don't get a bounty on you automatically if you have over 5 grand on you.

Yeah this actually works in private sessions too. I was playing with two friends in free roam and a bounty was placed on me by a NPC for jacking his car but my friends weren't high enough ranks to see the bounty so I was just getting free money eventually. There's a possible exploit in here somewhere. Like passing on all of your money to your friend and just having him collect the bounties that you get placed on yourself. I haven't tested this part but did test how long it would take me to get a bounty. After jacking a few cars or so near Vinewood I was able to get a bounty without much effort at all but I've seen them range from $1,000 to $9,000. After I had a friend kill me he got the bounty and I lost $2,000 but at the time I didn't think to give him my money. Doesn't seem like there's a cooldown period for a bounty to be placed on you either.

Actually got online to load fairly quickly and do the things it actually set out to do (players on the map and my character shows up on the wheel! and no save error messages!)

now to exit and see if it actually kept anything

And everything's gone. Just like the last 2 days.

Officially done with this until....whenever people say its fine

Mononoke

Banned
I would say the fact that, so many people started having their characters disappear at the SAME time - and that most are getting the cloud error message, it's that...the cloud servers are down. lol. SO yeah, just wait it out until later tonight or tomorrow. If you get back on when the servers are back up, and your character is still gone, then it's time to panic.

bidguy

Banned
so after having my first character deleted i started again and surprisingly, i was having a lot fun

now my character was deleted again
fuck

akaoni

Banned
About the female players being taller; were they wearing high heels? They give you quite a noticeable boost to your height.

QP3

so after having my first character deleted i started again and surprisingly, i was having a lot fun

now my character was deleted again
fuck

Same thing happened to me. I just can't play this now, will come back in a few weeks I think. Sucks cause I really wanted first bids on the SAQ

RS4-

Always a good time when my brother has no problems connecting, meanwhile I get stuck with loading screens.

Same ps3 too

I got an hour in before my character was deleted after a crash. -_-

PS3 Version: http://youtu.be/HtP0sfZVENM?t=9m38s

Don't make a new character over that character slot. I don't think its deleted...the server it is on may just be down.

Day 3 of trying to get in.(360)

Tried clearing cache,solo mode,deleting and remaking a new character.

Nothing works

-Try late at night or early in the morning. Right now is probably prime time server traffic.
-Try deleting the system update and re-installing it, then make a new character.

BNGames

Don't make a new character over that character slot. I don't think its deleted...the server it is on may just be down.

Im hoping thats the case, the character in the vid doesnt show up, but the money I had shows up in the top right hand corner at the select screen.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
About to get off, crossing my fingers that when I log on later tonight / tomorrow my progress is saved.

dreamfall

Ah, thanks for that clearing that up!

I had no idea- thought it was just associated with carrying a lot of money. Got that Lester icon unvisited, got to caught up wandering about!

Top Bottom