• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

eival

just got my apartment, and a call from Ron telling me to go up and meet Trevor, gotta go see him next.

ZXlyoQP.jpg

also, im assuming i can now "watch tv" rather than having to rubberband my controller now without worrying about getting booted

eival

Update: We're currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online. We hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow.

so they're getting an exemption for the normal patching process/limitations and rules on consoles?

i guess they're now on Minecraft's level

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Is there a thread for GTAO impressions?

Do we do that sort of thing? Just not sure if this is the right place to post our impressions.

Right now this is the "I can't connect and this is bullshit" thread. But it's whatever thread you want it to be. Posting impressions of GTAO experience is certainly applicable.

Gorillaz

so they're getting an exemption for the normal patching process and rules on consoles?

i guess they're now on Minecraft's level

Too much money online the line between Sony MS Rockstar and Take 2 to have it to go through all that politics

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
How do you bust your car out of the impound? The gate and fence is too robust for my car. Can a truck bust.through the gate or do I need a tow truck to enter/open the gates?

Dead

well not really...yet
Yo What the fuck?!?

For the first time I was actually about to get into the race, other players were showing up, everything looked good and then there is a fucking power surge cutting off all the power

FUUUUUUCK my life!

I drove my personal vehicle to a job and then the job hanged and booted me. I returned and my personal vehicle is nowhere to be found and I cannot find any options about my insurance to make a claim to get it back.

I can only assume it was lost due to how fucked everything is.

Right now this is the "I can't connect and this is bullshit" thread. But it's whatever thread you want it to be. Posting impressions of GTAO experience is certainly applicable.

Alright cool. Overall I can say that my experience has been amazing so far when everything is working properly.

GTAO>GTAV

(Will post more later)

Betty

Banned
How do you bust your car out of the impound? The gate and fence is too robust for my car. Can a truck bust.through the gate or do I need a tow truck to enter/open the gates?

Circle the impound and you'll find a path round the side, hop over the wall and rush to your car, because you'll get an instant wanted level after setting foot within.

moai

so the traffic density and pedestrians have increased a lot. did they update the servers? yesterday the city seemed like a ghost town.

Revven

Blah, made a 2nd char on a diff slot and as soon as I was done with tutorials and then tried to switch to a public session the game crashed even before it started to load. =\

How annoying.

Shit man I hope by "tomorrow" they mean 12am. And I also hope the character disappearing issues clear up into the night, too so at least those of us who are nocturnal can enjoy.

Arcteryx

Why the fuck is driving your car defaulted to "everyone"?

So much stupid stuff with this game lol. Also, I'm tired of getting run over in passive mode and losing $2000 a pop. Happened 4 times in a row now.

edit: lol 5 times

Yea, no thanks game.

Con_Smith

Banned
Had some fun messing with gafstreet peeps last night/this morning. If you played with Loki2kx last night thanks for kicking my ass. Tried getting neogang members to play with but besides DSGimo no one was biting.

Now just to find some time to level and save for my apartment.

NeoGiff

Go to the alley running behind the impound, climb over the wall, grab your ride, drive up to the gate and it should open for you as it did in
Franklin's towing missions

EDIT: Beaten.

People have already pointed out you can just climb over on foot, but related fun fact: if you go to the tow truck lot where you do towing missions in SP, you can walk through a little door thing into the nearby parking lot, grab an empty (undamaged) police car and just drive like hell into the warehouse-ish area on the coast and wait for your stars to blow over. It's fun if you want an above-average car to screw around in, but they won't be allowed in Customs, sadly.

Mononoke

Banned
My friend wasn't online today. He wasn't playing when the cloud server went down earlier this morning. He just got on, and his character is there. I wonder if characters disappearing only happens when you are playing when the cloud server goes down. Interestingly, he keeps getting put into rooms with no one else in it.

anddo0

Logged on for the first time since yesterday. My lvl 6 character is gone.

I don't really care about the character per say. It's the fact that I was very careful, not to be disconnected, quit the game prematurely. I quit after completing a mission (because that's where most hangs/freezes occur) I took all these precautions and my guy still got deleted. It's a shame I won't get to enjoy this game online over the weekend. :( Back to stunt jumps, might as well chase 100%. I'm almost there anyway.

Plasmid

Biggest Problems going on right now:

* THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOURSELF IS TO NOT MAKE ANY MORE CHARACTERS IN THE SAME SLOT AS YOUR OLD CHARACTER THAT MAY BE LOST OR CORRUPT.

1) People getting past the tutorial and then losing their character through timing out, crashes, freezes, etc. - The best thing to do when this happens is to NOT MAKE A NEW CHARACTER IN THE SAME SLOT (ie character 1 / character 2). We have no idea if this deletes characters if you have lost one

2) Launching session / Waiting for other players at the tutorial race start. - If you experience this you can either wait around, restart to the dashboard, or hope IT MAY (no real way to find out what determines this) put you at Lamar by yourself BUT MAY FREEZE AFTER THE RACE. (I waited 45 minutes yesterday and it did put me through to the lamar race).

3) Trying to walk to the blue race trigger and it doesn’t appear. - Restart to the dashboard as the game will not produce a race trigger if you don’t already see one after the intro cutscene

4) Still being able to see your money / crew but not see your character. - This is more than likely a problem with the cloud server, which as of 5:51 PM 10/3/13 is currently DOWN. Your character is probably (not confirmed) to be saved somewhere on the server with rockstar. It will probably reappear after the server comes back online.

5) Character cannot be loaded from the rockstar servers / character data for character 1 is corrupt – Probably the same as #4, we don’t have any official word on how progress is saved through Rockstar’s social club / cloud server

6) Playing to rank 1-100 and losing your character. – More than likely your character is saved, sometimes during play there will be a small pop up in the bottom left corner saying “The Connection to the rockstar cloud server is back online” this is a good indicator that after the Title update you will be able to resume play with that character.

At this point we have no clue if the Title Update is going to wipe everyones characters as rockstar has not given us any information on the update besides that it fixes some of the problems with GTA:O.

Feel free to use this however if need be.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
It's slow as hell, drive about a foot away from it and it'll, eventually, open.

Thanks. Maybe I didn't notice it opening cos it was night time and raining. That and I was impatient because the cops were already shooting at me lol.

This game rocks online. Could've released GTAO as a standalone title I reckon. I would've bought it.

*edit* Thanks to all who replied. =)

Gaz_RB

Had some fun messing with gafstreet peeps last night/this morning. If you played with Loki2kx last night thanks for kicking my ass. Tried getting neogang members to play with but besides DSGimo no one was biting.

Now just to find some time to level and save for my apartment.

Hey I played with you last night!

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Character still there, wooooo. Might buy a garage soon. Or should I get an apartment?

I purchased a garage and when I came on the game later it had locked, as if I hadn't purchased it. I didn't get my money back and there was nothing in my bank logs about purchasing it.

I recommend you don't purchase high value items right now. I've actually had very little issues and been able to play online a lot. This has been the only real issue I encountered. Sucks!

Top Bottom