• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

eival

Why the fuck is driving your car defaulted to "everyone"?

So much stupid stuff with this game lol. Also, I'm tired of getting run over in passive mode and losing $2000 a pop. Happened 4 times in a row now.

edit: lol 5 times

Yea, no thanks game.

theres a rating system built in the game for anti-griefing, use it. im sure that "bad player" pool has plenty of space for them

My friend and I (who both mostly listen to metal music) finally both get in and get into a game together. I pull up to the curb and he gets in the car as Fergie is on the radio.

"What the fuck are you listening to?"
"Ummm... it was on this station when I got in the car..." (it wasn't. I put it there lol.)

kris.

Banned
hey PS3 crew, add me on PSN so we can get some jobs going. uhhkris

EDIT: also sorry if i just spammed you guys with invites, idk what i'm doin :3

Darko

Why the fuck is driving your car defaulted to "everyone"?

So much stupid stuff with this game lol. Also, I'm tired of getting run over in passive mode and losing $2000 a pop. Happened 4 times in a row now.

edit: lol 5 times

Yea, no thanks game.

cause it would be no fun if we couldnt take other peoples cars in GRAND THEFT AUTO.. the option is there to change it for the crybabies who get mad about it.

Noof

So I finally get in and the character I made is now a bald woman.

GTA why?
This just happened to me. I went back and made a new character and it came out right.

Now I'm stuck in the lobby for the first race along with a couple other guys. I've been here for 10 minutes, I'm just gonna turn off my console..

w2000

Well I got a character to level 10 today and I am hoping it is still there when I try to get online. Keep hearing stories about losing characters. Was able to log out ok as well, no crashes or freezes so I am hopeful.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Um

So car I saved last night in my garage is overriding the car I got earlier today.

basically, todays progress seems to be wiped?

shut off game the second i saw that in hopes of it not oversaving

Dresden

This is pretty good when it's working.

Bought some Elvis shades. Should buy a house next.

TAemcoO.jpg

Dug

Banned
I keep on telling myself that the cloud servers are just down and that's why I can't see my character....I think I'm lying to myself at this point. :\

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Had some guy chasing me since I have a bounty. Tried to shoot him but either the server was lagging or he was and I just ran away. He kept chasing me, so I put a bounty on him, lol.

kmg90

All these problems could have been mitigated if didn't throw new players into a f'n race mission right off the bat

ChapaNDJ

Banned
Definitely coming back once there is an update.
No point creating a character just to have it corrupted a few sessions later.

Dug

Banned
Fuckin hell, I missed the level 17 call because I accidentally pressed O. Wanted to hear what
Brucie
had to say :(
So he IS in the game? I heard pre-release that he was in but never saw him so I just assumed it was lie, good to know it wasn't.

And please God give us the ability to mute player

Really dont want to hear anymore 5 year olds
You can change who you communicate with through the Interaction menu, and you can mute individually through the Online menu.

So he IS in the game? I heard pre-release that he was in but never saw him so I just assumed it was lie, good to know it wasn't.
Yep, apparently you can buy Bullshark Testosterone from him in Online which boosts damage and toughness. Not sure if we actually can see him, though.

Gnub

I got a tip in the upper right corner (while waiting in a lobby) along the lines "you will receive periodic rewards for being a good sport".

Bribes.

NeoGiff

Ok, everyone, I have some news.

Earlier today I managed to play online for a significant amount of time, leveling up to rank 11. An hour or two ago, I tried to log back on, but discovered that my character and cash were gone (the second time this happened). However, I tried again just now, and everything is perfectly fine. My money, character, everything is just how I left it.

So, like others here, I implore you all not to make a new character in the same slot that one of yours has mysteriously vanished from, they may well return when the cloud is properly sorted out.

EDIT: PS3 user here.

Saganator

Awww yeah. Was a little busy today, only tried to log on a few times and every time my character and money was gone. Just now logged on, character and money intact. Ready to roll.

PS3.

Betty

Banned
Can you own more than 1 apartment? Are apartments safe zones? IE, can I run to one to escape somebody killing me?

Don't know about more than 1 apartment, but yup, they're safe zones. You can even set it so that you spawn inside your apartment after doing a job so you won't have to worry about someone trying to take your cash.

Reached level 11 with buddy, about to reach 12.

Somebody has to say it so I will. Right now making money is utter ASS. You can only sell cars every hour or so, missions are paying you 1000-5000, with 90% being 1000, and getting killed will make you lose that 1000 so.... the fuck. Apparently at level 15 you unlock a mission that pays you 9000 and it's decently short and it's a way level 15+ people are making money since it's either that or dying from griefers.

On that topic, Rockstar needs to work out the Bad/Good Sport mechanics. My friend and I haven't received shit from not killing other players and always make sure to put our money in the ATM once it goes past 5000. I'm still being paired up with bad apples in the servers and passive mode doesn't do shit if they shoot at you while you're in a car or run you over.

Codeblew

Don't know about more than 1 apartment, but yup, they're safe zones. You can even set it so that you spawn inside your apartment after doing a job so you won't have to worry about someone trying to take your cash.

Awesome about setting it as a spawn point. Ideally, I would want a house in the city and up north and maybe one in the hills between both.

GafferGamgee

Neo Member
might be a little to early and a little to buggy into the whole GTAOnline universe but does anybody know if there are properties to purchase out in Blaine County or is it just the apartments in the city?

Mononoke

Banned
Does this work on PS3 yet?

Depends. I'm on PS3. Was able to get online last night (after not being able to play all day). Played about 4 hours, but couldn't join any missions or anything that required me to play with other people. This morning I was able to play for about 4 hours. I did a bunch of missions, and team deathmatch. Then things started to get spotty. My Quick Job app on my phone would have issues connecting. And eventually I started losing my connection to the game. Eventually, my character disappeared, and I started getting the Cloud Server error.

I took a break, and 5 hours later my character still isn't back. My buddy is also on PS3, he just got on, his character is t here. But he can't connect to a room full of people. Also, based on this thread - it seems like a lot of people had their characters lost during the cloud server error.

So I think it just depends on the individual. But I generally think the PS3 is still having major issues.

My character was just deleted. And I was having a good time with my crew :(

Not doing that tutorial again, just gonna see if he comes back at some point.

djblue89

So from my general consensus, all this character disappearing is only happening on the PS3, I've yet to see someone on the Xbox talk about it.

Arcteryx

ugggggh I keep getting a $7000 bounty whenever I enter the freeroam mode. Seems like my character is bugged because none of the other players are above lvl10, not driving a stolen car, etc. Even if I die it just immediately comes back.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Was just in the jet vs. people getting to the docks mission, I was in the jet vs. one other person from GAF. I flow too low and sheared one of my wings off on a pole. Tried to take off and I immediately spun to the left and blew up hahahaha.

MAX PAYMENT

ugggggh I keep getting a $7000 bounty whenever I enter the freeroam mode. Seems like my character is bugged because none of the other players are above lvl10, not driving a stolen car, etc. Even if I die it just immediately comes back.

Bounties stay on you until you're killed.
Persistent world, yo.

Top Bottom