• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

kmg90

Wow, its totally fubar now....

How the did this shit not get caught in QA?
  • Seeing the same cut-scene twice in a row and then getting stuck on a load screen
  • Getting stuck transitioning into the lobby or race while other players are joining/leaving
  • Race Corona (start area, marker) not showing up for first race

Fucking rockstar could not stumble any more than they already have..

This is the third day I've been trying play with some friends....

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Does this work on PS3 yet?

The first 24hrs I couldn't connect but since then I have logged in three separate times for a couple of hours worth of sessions over the last 48hrs and had no issues what so ever. Very happy given some of the grief others are experiencing.

Reached level 11 with buddy, about to reach 12.

Somebody has to say it so I will. Right now making money is utter ASS. You can only sell cars every hour or so, missions are paying you 1000-5000, with 90% being 1000, and getting killed will make you lose that 1000 so.... the fuck. Apparently at level 15 you unlock a mission that pays you 9000 and it's decently short and it's a way level 15+ people are making money since it's either that or dying from griefers.

On that topic, Rockstar needs to work out the Bad/Good Sport mechanics. My friend and I haven't received shit from not killing other players and always make sure to put our money in the ATM once it goes past 5000. I'm still being paired up with bad apples in the servers and passive mode doesn't do shit if they shoot at you while you're in a car or run you over.

Call Gerald. 9k a mission.

ugggggh I keep getting a $7000 bounty whenever I enter the freeroam mode. Seems like my character is bugged because none of the other players are above lvl10, not driving a stolen car, etc. Even if I die it just immediately comes back.

Survive long enough without someone killing you and you'll earn yourself $7,000. This happens all the time with me and my friends. We play private sessions and don't kill each other so if a NPC places one we just ignore it and get that money when the bounty ends.

Ploid 3.0

Survive long enough without someone killing you and you'll earn yourself $7,000. This happens all the time with me and my friends. We play private sessions and don't kill each other so if a NPC places one we just ignore it and get that money when the bounty ends.

Ha so it's GTA that plant's the bounty. Rockstar don't want people to be all good.

Spinluck

Starting my 4th-5th character.

They were there when I woke up. Came back later in the day, gone.

My girl was pretty attractive too, remaking that will require a miracle with these shit character creation tools. Making my guy was easy, just mashing random till I got a decent looking black dude.
Even though they all look the same in this MP, lol..

Spat_triate

I'm willing to bet that patch will be used to close the well known loopholes that people have been exploiting to make money. Can't have the plebs glitching their way to millions when there's real money to be made selling fake money.

I hope i'm wrong

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I called a taxi, the first two guys drowned their cars and I took the third:

0_0.jpg

Ted

I'm now able to get on consistently on PS3 and have finally got through the tutorials but my 360 still stalls before the first race.

Had some fun but only had limited time to enjoy it. Played with some friends and then with some random folk. I noticed I seem to be getting matched largely with players from the UK (where I am) and had no noticeable lag which was refreshing after MP3 which, though awesome, occasionally had issues.

I'm hoping to explore more tomorrow evening but I'm wonderin' if the brief period of stability will be halted by a weekend rush. Fingers crossed for Good Times.

pringles

Had almost no network issues today, finally.

Most of my best experiences have been in free mode so far. For example, I was flying around in a propeller plane checking out what people were doing when I saw a guy robbing a convenience store out in sandy shores. Looked like the cops were on him so I decided to help out. Found a small gravel road where I was able to set the plane down, narrowly avoiding trees and poles. The guy noticed and thankfully he wasn't a douchebag (like so many other randoms) and got into the plane without killing me. Lift off was hairy as cop cars were swarming but we got away. I flew him over to the city where he parachuted out and thanked me for the aid.

This game is fantastic when you're on a server where everyone isn't shooting you the moment they see you.

Having a lot of fun even though the network is being sketchy. Robbed my first store and while trying to find figure out how to share the cash, my partner opened up on me. I ran him over.

Got to go bed but this game is starting to kick in. I guess I didn't quite 'feel' what I expected but it's getting there now. Wow! What are they gonna bring to this game? It's amazing :-000000

UK PS3 been playing for good solid 5 hours now.

Good luck to those who still can't play and are having problems. Just had a message in game saying progress was now saved so I reckon they are getting there for all of us real soon.

Plus no pop up now (was terrible before) at the same places. Still no leaking gas tanks though on cars/bikes as far as I can tell but I'm not complaining - until next time!

Especially love Blain County and off road bikes - been getting my arse kicked in the races but loving it! I mentioned earlier in the thread that they could do with sorting out not having dots of where people are but I've got something to add to that. I reckon they should keep it like it is in freeroam because it's spot on imo (especially when it's basically the whole map) but perhaps in the Deathmatch games (where it's a segregated area), they could do like I mentioned in Sudden Death in TLOU - flashing Zone sort of appropriately done. Having said that, perhaps it just felt a bit naff in Deathmatch because there wasn't many players when I played it, plus I'm getting better at shooting, so......

Looking forward for all the others bits to come together properly like crews/friends invites etc.

Spat_triate

BTW if you think you've lost your dude, hit start, online then choose character. That forces the game to download your character profile. After that it should appear via the normal methods. This has worked for me on 4 separate occasions when i thought my character was deleted.

Mik2121

So about the crews... I know there are 2 crews now, I got invited to the second one because the first one was packed, but when I tried to accept the invitation last night (through the game) it told me the crew was full.

I can't believe there are already 600 crew members (300 on each crew) playing GTAO... damn.

If there's some available spot, please invite me! I can already access the online and I play quite a bit.

So about the crews... I know there are 2 crews now, I got invited to the second one because the first one was packed, but when I tried to accept the invitation last night (through the game) it told me the crew was full.

I can't believe there are already 600 crew members (300 on each crew) playing GTAO... damn.

If there's some available spot, please invite me! I can already access the online and I play quite a bit.

same. I'm a member of GAF-street on social. be nice to play with you all and I'm down for whatever.

RS4-

Lol randomly joined a server and there's like 6-7 other Gaffers on it.

Too bad when I wanted to host a mission I'm stuck in the clouds

Anybody else having issues trying to create a crew? I went though the social club, and everything seemed cool, but it said I should get a confirmation e-mail which has yet to show up.

kmg90

Matchmaking is totally hosed right now...

If anyone is stuck on PS3 version trying to get passed the tutorial...

Block port UDP 3658 (both source and destination)

For reference and those who have tomato routers, my config
1TPK3JI.png

BTW if you think you've lost your dude, hit start, online then choose character. That forces the game to download your character profile. After that it should appear via the normal methods. This has worked for me on 4 separate occasions when i thought my character was deleted.

Wasn't working for me an hour and a half ago, but maybe the cloud was down.

Gorillaz

"Choose Character" from the online Tab in SP is probably the best way to get into a game tbh. It worked literally each time for me last night and this morning. Havn't tried it again yet tonight

Plasmid

Read that if you continually spam the retry button on the cloud server alert it can eventually put your character in.

BEEN GOIN 12 MINUTES LETS DO THIS WILL REPORT BACK SOON

Dug

Banned
"Choose Character" from the online Tab in SP is probably the best way to get into a game tbh. It worked literally each time for me last night and this morning. Havn't tried it again yet tonight
Not working for me, character is not appearing. Two empty slots. :\

Mononoke

Banned

Interesting. Did not know this. Will try in a couple min.

Just remembered I was suppose to be on a conference call about 30 minutes ago....

Damn GTA!

Oh well, I can listen to the recording later

Top Bottom