• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Nemic77

BTW if you think you've lost your dude, hit start, online then choose character. That forces the game to download your character profile. After that it should appear via the normal methods. This has worked for me on 4 separate occasions when i thought my character was deleted.

Just tried this on the PS3 and it didn't work. :/

One thing that did change was that the money I had on my lost character showed up...

SnakeEyes

Banned
I've been able to play solidly on PS3 for the last 2 days with no troubles (except players constantly trying to Gank me), except for one occasion this morning where there Cloud Servers were offline to everyone. After they came back up I've had no issues at all.

NZ/PS3.

CrovaxPSO

On PS3, my characters are missing but it shows I still have my $40k. Don't want to create a temporary character in either slot just in case it screws something up, so waiting until mine show up again.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Okay... so I had created a scurvy character (quite a few characters ago) and was stoked to see he had Trevor's animation set.

However, this new skeevy dude I made (who I like the look of) has Michael's animations!

Gah! Is this random? What do I need to do to get Trevor's animation in a new character?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Sussed a way to get the jet every time. Many lols to be had flying low over other players, like real low and shooting up npc cars. Can only imagine how cool the jet sounds to them.

Did an online race and lost by half a second, my motorbike just didn't seem to reach top speed :(

Were you pushing up to lean forward?

Mononoke

Banned
BTW if you think you've lost your dude, hit start, online then choose character. That forces the game to download your character profile. After that it should appear via the normal methods. This has worked for me on 4 separate occasions when i thought my character was deleted.

Just tried this, and it takes me straight to the character select screen with two empty slots. It didn't force my profile to download, and my characters still aren't there.

Gaz_RB

Seriously fun multiplayer. PVE is a huge tactical challenge later on (lvl25-) and its so fun to finally win. And losing money on death really makes you not want to die, as much as it sucks :/

Matchmaking is totally hosed right now...

If anyone is stuck on PS3 version trying to get passed the tutorial...

Block port UDP 3658 (both source and destination)

For reference and those who have tomato routers, my config
1TPK3JI.png

thank you..

TheContact

So I joined a mission with Lamar, it told me to rob a store. I went to the store then it told me to wait for X player to come with me, so I txt him to come over to me and he did, and it just kept telling me to wait. We couldn't enter, I hit a bunch of buttons to try to join and I accidentally hit circle and pistol whipped him and killed him. I feel bad.

Gorillaz

Just logged on for the first time in 5 hours and went straight to online through the loading screen and my first guy is back but my girl isn't.

Wondering if it's regional

Okay... so I had created a scurvy character (quite a few characters ago) and was stoked to see he had Trevor's animation set.

However, this new skeevy dude I made (who I like the look of) has Michael's animations!

Gah! Is this random? What do I need to do to get Trevor's animation in a new character?

Jesus, is it too much to ask for a simple fucking menu to tweak characters? Changing lifestyle hours lets you boost certain stats, but also adds shit like pimples, cuts and bruises if you add hours to certain activities. Why not just fucking let us customize our appearance and animation sets separately?

Also, not being able to change your character's base appearance apart from one opportunity after you've leveled up a bit is bollocks.

so are there any ways that we've found to get past the stupid tutorial race or am I stuck not being able to play multi for another day?

zma1013

The character customization is an interesting idea but... for a different game. Doesn't belong in gta where people like to have exactly what they want.

The character customization is extremely lacking, especially for females, there's almost no decent hair choices.

The glaring lack of clothing choices in certain categories (e.g. One basketball vest) leads me to believe that there's gonna be a shitload of DLC. Whether we'll have to pay remains to be seen, considering the upcoming beach bum pack will be free.

You unlock more hair, clothes, tattoos, makeup as you level.

Pretty sure that what you see is all that's available. Locked choices are visible, so ATM, the hair options are really lacking. A few different hairstyles, but the list is padded out with the extra colours.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
To all y'all experiencing vanishing characters, it may just be the almighty cloud playing up. Just leave it for a while and come back - you may find your character and progress are still there. Of course, if you make a new character then your previous one's safety can't be guaranteed.

A crew member and I had some fun times last night. Did some jobs (pretty tough with just two people) and generally arsed about.

Uncouth Louts represent. I'm the dapper fellow on the left.
0_0.jpg

Brother JimmySheds giving some bro love.
0_0.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Finally got to play on PS3. Did the first 2 tutorials then spawned into free roam. Stopped there but I kind of dug the fact that there was some dialog to it and not just tacked on MP.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just got back from class and decided to take a stab at this for the third day in a row.

Still can't get into the first race.

Oh. my. fucking. god.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Jesus, is it too much to ask for a simple fucking menu to tweak characters? Changing lifestyle hours lets you boost certain stats, but also adds shit like pimples, cuts and bruises if you add hours to certain activities. Why not just fucking let us customize our appearance and animation sets separately?

That's all down to lifestyle choice, if.you want to spend all your time partying and sitting on the couch stuffing your face full of Cheetos expect to look unhealthy.

Comes down to what you care about. At the end of the day you're best of making a good looking person if that's your thing since all stats level up in mp the same way as in sp

To all y'all experiencing vanishing characters, it may just be the almighty cloud playing up. Just leave it for a while and come back - you may find your character and progress are still there. Of course, if you make a new character then your previous one's safety can't be guaranteed.

A crew member and I had some fun times last night. Did some jobs (pretty tough with just two people) and generally arsed about.

Uncouth Louts represent. I'm the dapper fellow on the left.
0_0.jpg

Brother JimmySheds giving some bro love.
0_0.jpg
That dude on the left might be the best looking character someone has posted on here.

Dude on the right?
Those sunglasses look incredibly stupid. People need to stop with that.

NeoGiff

My Schwartzer and I have been through so much together, it would kill me to see it go. This is actually a pretty common car at nighttime, a great one to pick up for claiming as your own in the online tutorial. Small, fast, looks nice, and built like a tank.

SaDQ3.jpg

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Oh, nevermind. Filters.

0_0.jpg
Yaaaay!

So the car I found earlier today... it's gone. When you buy a garage, you auto spawn in it when joining new worlds. Car I had saved last night, that i sold this morning, is overriding the new vehicle (bought full coverage, customized, all that stuff)
Been searching for another for about, I don't know... 3 hours?
Nothing but Sabers and Prius lookalikes spawning.

Ffffffffffffffffff.

Imm0rt4l

Made a new character.... aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddddddd it's gone

God-F-Dammit_o_137079.gif

Happened to me earlier today after playing for a few hours last night. Funny thing is that the scene switched over to Michael playing a videogame with his son. He throws his controller down and yells "FUCK THIS SHIT, AHHH!! SERIOUSLY". His feelings mirrored my own.

Dat meta-commentary tho

TheContact

My Schwartzer and I have been through so much together, it would kill me to see it go. This is actually a pretty common car at nighttime, a great one to pick up for claiming as your own in the online tutorial. Small, fast, looks nice, and built like a tank.

SaDQ3.jpg

Nice I happened to grab that same car when I was told to get in a car. I just put in the Free mods, including the insurance and tracker.

_Isaac

I still haven't been able to get into the first race. I did however hear a lot of mic noise and talking during the intro cut scene. I couldn't even hear what Lamar was saying.

Ploid 3.0

Matchmaking is totally hosed right now...

If anyone is stuck on PS3 version trying to get passed the tutorial...

Block port UDP 3658 (both source and destination)

For reference and those who have tomato routers, my config
1TPK3JI.png

Everyone on PS3 having problems starting use this! It works

THANK YOU Kmg!

Top Bottom