• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I had no issues at all first time I started up GTA Online, but I created a new character yesterday and since than I haven't been able to start up the first race with Lamar. It just infinitely loads, "waiting for other players". Pretty damn irritating especially since I can't switch to my other character either.

Yeah, been trying a few hours now while playing my 3DS. I even made a second character ans tried with him! No luck at all.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm now stuck in the racing intro loop

Guy brings the car to me then the screen fades to show everyone in the lobby (JUST ME) then the game goes back to where your character walks to start the race cut scene over again..but if you're not quick enough to stop your character from walking to the blue circle, you get the cut scene again then loading...until the end of time.

If you're able to stop the cut scene, you're free in the city but you can't do any jobs and have no direction of what you can and can't do. The phone menu doesn't have a return to GTA5 or a quit option.

cdkee

Banned
I've tried everything, solo session, crew session, new characters, old characters, nothing freaking works. This is really frustrating.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
0_0.jpg

I laugh at those who died

Don't create new characters if there was already one in that slot, they're most likely still there and you just can't see or access them currently.

I'm dying at every headset moment Rockstar has come up with. Just got my apartment and you can sing in the shower for RP lol.
Also the strip club flirting... just brilliant.

I had just purchased a silencer and extended mags for my smg too before my character got deleted, dammit.

Don't create new characters if there was already one in that slot, they're most likely still there and you just can't see or access them currently.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. I didn't catch all of the warnings until now, luckily I didn't use the slot my character was deleted in to make my new character.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Was just causing havoc with someone from GAF. Ended up getting in a chopper and chasing these 2 guys that were in a car. They eventually got on foot and he started shooting at them from the chopper, but ended up getting shot out. I was able to get low and send one of them flying with my rotors haha.

Lol Daruman your helicopter skills are unmatched. :)

And that's you lol. Thanks, haha.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
This thread is so tragic. 60 pages of Awwww Yissss got online. leveling up Bitch. Then holy fucking shitballs everything is gone.

For me I can connect online just fine. My very first character got wiped but since creating another in the second slot all has been fine. I'm able to play on my own with no issues. I just can't join anyone else. I know I just know that soon I'm going to be posting my "mother fuckin shitballs" post.

Can someone give a fellow gaffer a 48-hours live code?

I just want to try online. I was dreading it before I'm actually interested in it now just to check out out.

Vostro

Alright first time I got through the intro cutscene and then I can't seem to start the tutorial after that. It's always stuck in the "loading session" part. I've restart the game about a dozen times and it's always stuck in that part.... I tried "solo session" which I was able to roam around but I didn't see the blue trigger to start the tutorial... Ugh this shit pissed me off.

Edit: created a new character and that easily solve the problem...

akaoni

Banned
There's potentially a fun game under all this, but I can count the number of games I get in a few hours of playing using my fingers, waiting and waiting during the job vote screen, then the lobby, then more after that. You spend more time dicking around to get to the fun part than anything else and it's startitng to get to me. Plus the number of aim assist lobbies you get invited to, accept the invite and you need to go all the way back to single player to change to free-aim again. I like the game but I hate it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

I just want to try online. I was dreading it before I'm actually interested in it now just to check out out.
I heard earlier in the thread that there is a free live weekend. I don't know for sure because I don't own an XBox but wouldn't that let you test it out with the added benefit of a Friday patch. Slow your roll you don't want to become a part of the insanity yet.

I heard earlier in the thread that there is a free live weekend. I don't know for sure because I don't own an XBox but wouldn't that let you test it out with the added benefit of a Friday patch. Slow your roll you don't want to become a part of the insanity yet.

It starts tomorrow, the 4th. If you're not in the US it's probably the 4th already, so I have no idea when it'll go free.
http://majornelson.com/2013/10/01/xbox-live-free-gold-weekend-this-weekend/

Macro.

Banned
I was in the game and through the tutorial and into the proper game until I decided to delete and remake the character, stuck at the race now.

Just have to wait until the patch it seems like.

STILL doesn't work for me. Tried deleting and creating new char etc. Absolutely farcial. Lag and other issues are one thing, but NOTHING WORKING... Jesus, spend some money to hire some actual dev talent in the connectivity field, Rockstar.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
>spawn into new server
>steal car
>>HEY FUCK YOU THERE'S A BOUNTY ON YOU
>mobbed by 2 players
>narrowly escape, go on what seems to be the start of an epic chase
>one bullet blows ALL FOUR of my tires, causing the entire vehicle to launch into the air, flipping about 5 times.
>get out, run over.

The minute people unlock SMGs, it all goes to shit.
Private servers with crews until i unlock bullet proof tires.

cdkee

Banned
If I leave the game at the "Waiting for other players with blurry city in background", will I ever get in? Or is that supposed to be quick?

I've been having a blast playing today. Finally got it working. I have like 10+k in the bank but what is the best way to get experience and money?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Lost everything again after it was working fine the entire day

2hyc3ywg4pdk.gif

this is only speculation because I can't get past 'waiting for players' or 'loading session'

but is your character details stored on rockstars servers, so if you cant connect then it 'loses' your character? If the connection is successful later, maybe you get it back in another attempt?

Top Bottom