• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Just like yesterday, seems to be working perfectly now that it's night time and folks are asleep in the states. Still, lost a rank 15 character...guhh. Hopefully tomorrow's update allows this game to work during peak hours.

Have they fixed the stupidity of losing money for dying in deathmatch or missions?

Gorillaz

Anyone else kinda find it boring (when it works)?
Depends heavily on who is in free roam. Just like GTA 4 was. The missions and down the road heist might change that tho but unless you ain't got a booming lobby it's boring

Got lucky where I was in one with 2 guys hitting on these chicks in game while another one was sweet talking a chick at the strip club. Pretty funny

DogMeat77

I played on and off most of the day today and things were very smooth. Didn't time out or get dropped at all. Free roam and jobs were working fine.

Of course I'm sure I'll wake up to find out that my new level 10 character is deleted lol

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Gotta say the skydiving and racing are the modes I most prefer I can't really get the hang of death matches and the king of the hill type missions. My dude is really getting up there in driving skills. I barely ever win anything but it's a fucking blast playing with the crew. Got to play with BobTheFork for a while tonight. Sorry I had to quit out on you guys but I was starving and needed to grab some crackers and hummus before hitting the sack.

GTAO has massive potential when you are playing with crew members. Thanks for the games bob. Hope more of gaming age fam is able to join up so on Still waiting to murk my buddy Bish :p lol

malfcn

Found a free parachute:

0_0.jpg

Damn. The train took out the car I drove on the tracks with. Jumped onto the next train that came by, hope I can safety jump off.

dandoolan

Still trying to get into the first race, thought it might be a little easier at this time. No luck still. Crazy. Can a couple of million of you just stop trying for a minute? Maybe form an orderly queue.

deim0s

Character still not appearing, just two empty slots. I hope he appears by tomorrow or else I will probably have to make a new guy. :\

I got an amalgamation of the first character I made the other day and the one yesterday. Bald female with heavy makeup and gun range ear muffs on a man's body. Should've got a photo of it.

They aren't kidding about that money grind mission in the aquaducts. $9000 and over 1000rp for about 5 minutes (solo) is crazy.

The only downside is the tense 2 minutes of loading back into the map and furious mashing the controller to transfer money to your bank. I already lost a couple of grand due to spawning next to someone after a mission and getting owned.

Private lobby or nothing right now for me.

When I've seen people in a public lobby I can't shoot then or run them over I just don't see the point.

Gaz_RB

They aren't kidding about that money grind mission in the aquaducts. $9000 and over 1000rp for about 5 minutes (solo) is crazy.

The only downside is the tense 2 minutes of loading back into the map and furious mashing the controller to transfer money to your bank. I already lost a couple of grand due to spawning next to someone after a mission and getting owned.

Deposit during the mission!

Finally played for about 5 or 6 hours straight today with my crew. GTA Online is awesome! Lots of fun doing the jobs with the crew although a lot of them were the same. We were all pretty low level so the money we were making kind of sucked. But I see a lot of potential with this.

If R* can do what they promised as far as more game modes, content creator, and heist missions, this could be something really special.

HiiiLife

For people stuck on the tutorial this method off GTA Forums actually worked for me. Or maybe it was luck. Lol.

"Delete the update, clear the cache, then install the update again. Create a new a character and when he starts walking towards the circle to start the race, simply start tapping LB. Had a couple friends use this method."

Keep in mind I didn't create a new character though, just my cache. But I was tapping the shit out of LB.

Not to mention playing with other people is exactly what this is all about.

group up. get in a crew.

I agree. If you are playing this by yourself then sorry, you're doing it wrong. I had a blast playing this with my crew. I also managed to come across some people that weren't assholes in the game.

Kuusoge

This game. Accidentally drove my car into a river and I got a message saying it was destroyed and that i should have insured it. I insured it when I first got it. Now I lost my personal car and all the mods I had on it.

Alibubble

Neo Member
For people stuck on the tutorial this method off GTA Forums actually worked for me. Or maybe it was luck. Lol.

"Delete the update, clear the cache, then install the update again. Create a new a character and when he starts walking towards the circle to start the race, simply start tapping LB. Had a couple friends use this method."

Keep in mind I didn't create a new character though, just my cache. But I was tapping the shit out of LB.

This seems too random to work. I don't want to go through all of that only to be disappointed again :(

Does anyone want to start a new GAF crew for those of us late to the party? Banderas Cartel? Anyone?

Party balancing should be the norm. Shouldn't have Last Team Standing be 3 v 1 ever.

Zinthar

Does anyone want to start a new GAF crew for those of us late to the party? Banderas Cartel? Anyone?

Yeah, I'm wondering this as well. Need a decently active crew to keep from being constantly wasted in the free roam -- and to have some people who are interested in coordinating on some of the missions.

Top Bottom