• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

this is only speculation because I can't get past 'waiting for players' or 'loading session'

but is your character details stored on rockstars servers, so if you cant connect then it 'loses' your character? If the connection is successful later, maybe you get it back in another attempt?

I have to imagine a lot of the data that's "lost forever" is really just a caching issue or you're just flat-out not connecting.

Arcteryx

this is only speculation because I can't get past 'waiting for players' or 'loading session'

but is your character details stored on rockstars servers, so if you cant connect then it 'loses' your character? If the connection is successful later, maybe you get it back in another attempt?

That's what I assumed too, but whenever the cloud came back yesterday(and I was able to get back on) my stuff was still gone.

It seems like a 50/50 split whether you'll get anything back.

Darko

Lost everything again after it was working fine the entire day

2hyc3ywg4pdk.gif

I lost everything except my money... :(

sn00zer

Watching my roommate play.. tbh watching someone grief is hilarious...watching people lose their shit over stealing each others cars is hilarious

G-Bus

Banned
Really starting to feel like auto aim has killed any form of death match for me. so much fucking bullshit. Really need to patch this crap to at least shorten the distance you can lock onto people at.

Darko

Really starting to feel like auto aim has killed any form of death match for me. so much fucking bullshit. Really need to patch this crap to at least shorten the distance you can lock onto people at.

turn off auto aim in single player...

kris.

Banned
I just waited a good 5 minutes for it to load after the first mission after the first race. I was afraid it'd locked up. I lost my other character.

okay i'm done defending this. this is the biggest online clusterfuck i've ever seen.

It's relative to who's hosting and their settings. I played a deathmatch which was pure free aim and it was nice.

Dug

Banned
Character still not appearing, just two empty slots. I hope he appears by tomorrow or else I will probably have to make a new guy. :\

cdkee

Banned
I just waited a good 5 minutes for it to load after the first mission after the first race. I was afraid it'd locked up. I lost my other character.

okay i'm done defending this. this is the biggest online clusterfuck i've ever seen.

I haven't even made it past the tutorial race yet, and I've been trying after work every day since Tuesday..

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Money feels really hard to get. I'm level 12 now and I barely have 20k in the bank. It's all going into ammo maybe.

Damn son you're broke. Go grab some cars and sell them to Los Santos. I'm level 8 and have 40k

Edit: lol and I just now got 1000 for being a 'good sport'

kris.

Banned
Is there any way to change hair color? Somehow I have a brown beard and black hair?

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Car has to be in good shape and it's the bottom option. You can sell them about once an hour

Anybody know if any of the apartments comes with parking other than cars?

Helipad isn't too far fetched, but what I care about is one of the apartments near bottom left is located specifically next to a pier/boat parking area. Can I also have a boat?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I haven't even made it past the tutorial race yet, and I've been trying after work every day since Tuesday..

Same. I have put a ridiculous amount of time into just trying to access it and still can't. It is annoying beyond explanation.

Having to pay for another player killing you is bologna. Here I was sitting in my car, passive mode on, trying to buy a garage and these two fellers come by and kill me. Now I'm out 2,000 of my hard earned money.

Mononoke

Banned
So are the lost characters lost forever?

No one knows yet. Yesterday characters were lost, and then showed back up later in the night. This personally happened to me. In this case, the cloud servers were down. I lost my character AGAIN today - and she's still not back even this late at night.

I'm going to wait until the patch tomorrow, and see if the character is back. If not, I'm probably done with this. I've already gone through 6 characters (admittedly, it was my fault for continuing to play something that was broken). But I don't feel like getting my character back to level 10 again. Even though it's not that hard. Just over it.

Hopefully they come back though.

Funny story...

I was in a free roman game and people were dicking around. I was about to go to my car when some jack ass stole it. So I hijacked another car and chased him. I finally tracked him down to a gas station near V.Beach. He was robbing the store, and had just murdered the cashier.

So while he was emptying the register I put a bullet in his head and took the money. Walked out and got ran over by a guy being chased by cops.

Cess007

How do you get them to buy it rather than mod it?

When you get in (And if you get in, i got the "this car is to hot" text), the sell option appears in the first menu. I think i will be doing that for a while, i can't get the 1st place in the races and some missions are a hit-or-miss depening of the other people on your team.

Anybody know if any of the apartments comes with parking other than cars?

Helipad isn't too far fetched, but what I care about is one of the apartments near bottom left is located specifically next to a pier/boat parking area. Can I also have a boat?

I'm wondering this as well. I'm thinking maybe you'll have access to the docks and hangars once you actually buy the vehicles or if they're located in specific locations and buying them simply unlocks them. Like, where are you gonna store a tank? I tried seeing if the game would say something about it if I tried buying them myself but it just says I have insufficient funds so I'm not sure. I doubt they would require you to specifically purchase that property in Vespucci since you can only own one. I'm currently saving up for something... I haven't decided yet so we'll see. I'm sure someone will figure it out soon.

Wow, the Stinger GT is so much more satisfying of a car to drive compared to the regular Stinger.

Having almost no issues now. Think I'm going to try to save up for one of the 200k apartments that comes with a 10-car garage. There are so many sick moments during this game, especially the co-op.

malfcn

I've got about 200k in the bank and I seem to lose around 2000. Not sure if its a flat rate or based on cash/ level. If you check your bank under transactions, you can see

How did you get so much paper that fast? Share your secrets for all that cheese.

Gorillaz

No one knows yet. Yesterday characters were lost, and then showed back up later in the night. This personally happened to me. In this case, the cloud servers were down. I lost my character AGAIN today - and she's still not back even this late at night.

I'm going to wait until the patch tomorrow, and see if the character is back. If not, I'm probably done with this. I've already gone through 6 characters (admittedly, it was my fault for continuing to play something that was broken). But I don't feel like getting my character back to level 10 again. Even though it's not that hard. Just over it.

Hopefully they come back though.

Yea wait until patch. Even if your characters have been erased try it once more and if it doesn't stick then.....I'd call it quits until Rockstar gets there shit together.

george_us

Is there an ETA on when this won't be a piece of shit?

I've been stuck at the "Waiting for other players" screen since last night.

MAX PAYMENT

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I just spent all evening playing missions to earn enough cash to buy an apartment.
I buy the cheapest apartment.
I switch over to Trevor with the d-pad, so it asks me if I want to save. I say yes.

Switch back to find all of my progress lost. It went back to spawning me in my old, cheap garage.
No apartment. No money. An entire evening wasted.

cdkee

Banned
I tried to get on for the first time tonight and cant even get past the tutorial race....R* FIX THIS SHIT! Please... ;__;

I feel you man. Everyone is complaining about disappearing characters...I just want to TRY the game dammit. Can't even get by the tutorial race.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
HA...HAHAHAHA. 4 guys sitting outside of the LScustoms I just drove into... thank god there's a "join new session" option in the start menu.

you know surprisingly enough I've found people who were doing car delivery missions for what's-his-face and we were all parked in the LS Customs respraying and drove together to deliver the car. It was nice. We even caught a ride together afterwards since there were no vehicles near the area. Not everybody is a douche, which even surprised me.

dreamfall

I think I need to set up just a racing/parachuting crew. We've had some great sessions, and it's probably what I enjoy most outside of missions!

BigDug13

I had better luck during Diablo 3 launch playing the game than I do with GTA Online. Quite possibly the worst online game launch I've ever experienced. Still have yet to successfully load the first race on PS3.

I've finished the story and the online is nonexistent. Time to visit my Amazon Seller account I think.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I have to race against Lamar but the game keeps getting stuck on "Waiting for other players"

This is the PS3 version btw. Any fix?
You're in the same boat as a majority of other players. You're going to have to wait it out, or uninstall the 1.02 update and reinstall it.

tranciful

Besides throwing me out of my current game and into some random game with others, it seems to be working alright. I still have a male body with a female head though.. hope that fixes itself.

Top Bottom