• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I played a generic "steal weed from enemy gangsters" mission early on. I hopped in my car, took my time while my other 3 dudebros went up. One got himself killed. By the time I had finished taking a casual drive up there there were only a few enemies left - I rammed through the fences blocking it off, ran a gangster over and blocked the exit with my car (so my teammates couldn't run in), grabbed the weed, flipped them off, and then drove back to the apartments to get the majority of the points since I delivered the objective and didn't die.

My guy is a dick.

Ok. I was going to eventually buy the 150,000 apartment near the pier, but what's the fucking point if Rockstar puts no info whatsoever on whether you can own a personal boat or not. It doesn't seem like it as garages are land based and there'd be no way to keep vehicles near the apartment for everybody to steal. So if one can't really buy an apartment where the possibility of keeping vehicles other that cars, what's the point of buying any apartment other than the 10-vehicle ones?

One would assume location and different advantages such as different vehicles, but until there's confirmation the latter is useless.

Billen

Banned
Am I the only one that has only experienced games where everyone is running around killing each other, which honestly gets tiring pretty fast?

Gaz_RB

Am I the only one that has only experienced games where everyone is running around killing each other, which honestly gets tiring pretty fast?

Depends on my mood. Those sessions can be intense. Some of my best moments of GTAO has been like that

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if you can share apartments/garages with your crew members?

The boys and I are thinking of pooling together for some early real estate, but not sure what the limitations are here (might also be risky considering the current state of things).

duckroll

Ok. I was going to eventually buy the 150,000 apartment near the pier, but what's the fucking point if Rockstar puts no info whatsoever on whether you can own a personal boat or not. It doesn't seem like it as garages are land based and there'd be no way to keep vehicles near the apartment for everybody to steal. So if one can't really buy an apartment where the possibility of keeping vehicles other that cars, what's the point of buying any apartment other than the 10-vehicle ones?

One would assume location and different advantages such as different vehicles, but until there's confirmation the latter is useless.

If you look at the icons on the character profiles in the Job lobbies, at the bottom right there are 4 icons indicating what a character owns. The first one is a plane icon, the second one is an apartment/garage icon, the third one is a boat icon, and the last one is a car icon. Beyond that, I don't think we have any information about what you can or cannot own. As usual Rockstar sucks at documentation. Lol.

Ardenyal

The public lobbies have been terrible. Kids under 15 trying to shoot everything that moves and screaming on their mics. Crew sessions are so much better.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Lv 28, still no damn heist. That's all i want!!

Two points -

1. Heists aren't released yet, maybe in a couple of weeks.
2. Leave the fucking house already! Lv 28! Jesus Christ...!

I played for about 3 or 4 hours yesterday, got up to level 10 before the servers shit themselves. The game has the potential to be awesome with the right people, I love how cooperative it is, and now that I think about it the $1000 death penalty actually works OK when you consider that EVERYONE is scared of dying right now. Maybe when some folks have millions deaths will mean less, but right now there is an incentive to be nice.

However, the lobby system is still a bit weird, and it makes it very unlikely to get a full race or DM going unless you have a full free-roam of your own crew. Lots of invites get sent out, most are ignored. Hmmm.

Went back to aim assisted, feels better. Need a bit of skill, but not the same 'hunt the pixel' aiming of free aim.

Oh BTW - if anyone's looking for a Crew and doesn't mind playing with dirty Euros, BritGAF still has about 200 places left open. We're nice people, come join us.

cars disappearing is my main problem with this online mode. It's not really cool. I take one cop out, and the car suddenly disappears, leaving me against the other cop that came out from the car while reloading.

It's not really smooth.

Rembrandt

Banned
If anybody's still up and wants to run through a couple of missions and stores, add me on PSN - KingRembrandt (My old PSN got banned, so I have to start over)

jersoc

Two points -

Oh BTW - if anyone's looking for a Crew and doesn't mind playing with dirty Euros, BritGAF still has about 200 places left open. We're nice people, come join us.

How do I join you guys? This would probably better for my prime time since I'm up so late in US.

Siegmeyer

I can't even get the tutorial to start. It's getting really annoying.

Try deleting your character and starting again. I was able to create a character on the first day, but couldn't get the first race to load over 50+ tries. Worked first time after deleting my character and now it loads up every time.

Copenap

Quick question. Does GTA online work on the 360 with these 24/48 hours xbl gold codes? I kinda remember there are some limitations to these codes.

So just played for another hour or two (lost track of time again) and I learned that the SE weapons are available in GTAO and with no level requirement the .50 Cal handgun (with free attachments) can be pretty OP at low levels, the hammer and Bullpop shotgun are also nice. I put a silencer on both guns just because.

I blame my not knowing this because that damn patch Tuesday removed them not only from my SP characters' inventories but from Ammo-Nation as well, I only just re-downloaded it earlier today.

On the missing character note, I'll repeat myself... I thought mine was gone or at least the server housing them was offline but I don't know if that was the issue, I ended up deleting the patch and downloaded it again after that I started and just did a quick online join and a message popped up about customizing my character and it being the "last chance" or whatever. Pointless since I couldn't see his face due to the mask I had him wearing but I was able to put sunglasses on him and they fit perfectly under the mask. Lasted until I removed the mask to try and drop my wanted level.

Two points -

1. Heists aren't released yet, maybe in a couple of weeks.
2. Leave the fucking house already! Lv 28! Jesus Christ...!

That's nothing, someone on PSNProfiles went full on trophy whore and already has the platinum and did it all in less than two days.

EDIT: Dammit, meant to copy/paste this into my last post instead of making another one.

Acorn

That's nothing, someone on PSNProfiles went full on trophy whore and already has the platinum and did it all in less than two days.

EDIT: Dammit, meant to copy/paste this into my last post instead of making another one.

Ho....how is it that possible?

EekTheKat

Huh...guess they did push out an update tonight of all things.

Digital copy GTAV PS3 vs 1.02 - patch size 39mb. US West Coast.

It literally just came up while I was still trying to get in.

EekTheKat

Couldn't get past opening race 5 minutes ago.

Loaded 1.02 patch. Took a while to connect to online, but I got into a race immediately.

1 on 1 vs Lamar.

Omni

So I hopped on for the first time tonight. I made my character and whatnot, and got in the car for what I presume is a race I'm about to undertake.

It's been stuck on "Launching session" for about 10 minutes now. Anyone know what's up?

kiyomi

Huh...guess they did push out an update tonight of all things.

Digital copy GTAV PS3 vs 1.02 - patch size 39mb. US West Coast.

It literally just came up while I was still trying to get in.

Another 39mb? Man, Rockstar have those patch sizes down to a consistency. :p

Omni

Couldn't get past opening race 5 minutes ago.

Loaded 1.02 patch. Took a while to connect to online, but I got into a race immediately.

1 on 1 vs Lamar.

So I'm guessing that I can't play until I get this patch? After getting in the car it just gets stuck on "launching session".

eh. When does the marketplace update on Xbox Live?

Top Bottom