• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

DannyCool

When Rockstar said 500 missions, do you think they including the different deathmatches and races too? Or only the -Missions- as it says in GTA online.

Yerolo

So im a bit LTTP, as I now have a gold sub thanks to MS's generosity

Ive been standing in the carpark for about 30mins now...is something supposed to happen ?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
What's this new patch do?

Also, is there any gang I can join?

Covfan

The update has led me to a (7 minute so far) loading online screen. :|

EDIT// now it says timed out searching for session. Not impressed.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone else notice that you can't load into the MP from the starting load screen after the 1.02 patch? It's loading me into the SP now with no option for "X to MP".

duckroll

Wow, I wasted 90 mins trying to make more money, only to have ended up with a net loss of 1k. Should have made 15-20k, but instead I kept losing money due to deaths after getting into a feud with a guy in my session. It was really fucking dumb. Later I was delivering a priority car for Simeon, and all was going well until some fucker decided to tail me and shoot the car up. I got less money for it, AND the fucker was waiting outside for me after the delivery to gank me. Then I respawned and he killed me again. Fuck!!!!

#GTACulture

Lolz.

mjAUT

have done all the way up to Gerald so far with zero problems

Have you tried restarting the game and checking if your characters are still there?

Online ran smooth for me yesterday, but my friends and I have lost all our characters after a restart.

Baby Milo

Anyone else notice that you can't load into the MP from the starting load screen after the 1.02 patch? It's loading me into the SP now with no option for "X to MP".

that option is still there for me

=mjAUT;84669833]Have you tried restarting the game and checking if your characters are still there?

Online ran smooth for me yesterday, but my friends and I have lost all our characters after a restart.

just restarted it and my character and his whip are still alive

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Wow, I wasted 90 mins trying to make more money, only to have ended up with a net loss of 1k. Should have made 15-20k, but instead I kept losing money due to deaths after getting into a feud with a guy in my session. It was really fucking dumb. Later I was delivering a priority car for Simeon, and all was going well until some fucker decided to tail me and shoot the car up. I got less money for it, AND the fucker was waiting outside for me after the delivery to gank me. Then I respawned and he killed me again. Fuck!!!!

#GTACulture

Lolz.

man I hate that shit. I woulda left the server. Were you not in Passive mode?

Playing online in "Free Roam" (I hesitate to call it that) is disheartening. Unless you have a mic, which I do, there's no form of communication. PUT YOUR GUN DOWN NO YOU PUT IT DOWN but that guy can't respond, so I've had to defend myself from time to time. At least, that's what I like to call it.

Then you have the griefers. I understand the point of Passive Mode, I really do. But why not make it like 4, where you just had an option to make the whole game without FF?

I've only played a few missions but after all the workarounds and such to get online, it's kinda disappointing. Rockstar bent so many game design choices that it's really hard to get into.

Playing with friends, though, is really fun.

Managed to get into a Violent Duct mission and spammed that for almost two hours. Went from Level 14 to Level 20 and ended up with over $260k

And I learned the dangers of killing someone with a much higher rank than me. Ran over some player that over Level 35 and he sent Merryweather mercenaries to kill me D:

And just to add icing on the cake, he put a $9000 bounty on my head (which still hasn't been claimed lol)

Also managed to try out a survival mission....that shit ain't no walk in the park

rangersmad92

Neo Member
Was the same thing with the 1.01. Sometime freezes when you try to download the update. Had to unplug PS3 to turn it off. No problems with the second try.

Yeah worked for me 3rd try.

My rank 11 character is still missing though, thinking it might be gone for good.

Managed to get into a Violent Duct mission and spammed that for almost two hours. Went from Level 14 to Level 20 and ended up with over $260k

And I learned the dangers of killing someone with a much higher rank than me. Ran over some player that over Level 35 and he sent Merryweather mercenaries to kill me D:

And just to add icing on the cake, he put a $9000 bounty on my head (which still hasn't been claimed lol)

Also managed to try out a survival mission....that shit ain't no walk in the park

Oh yeah. That bounty shit is not the tits. On paper, it sounds kinda cool, but I've had children place it on me for not helping them get into the base.

J4g3r

So apparently that patch got rid of the ability to replay missions with high payouts.

All these complaints about microtransactions are becoming justified somewhat...

Tankshell

I really hope the custom race content creation tool doesn't have too many limits. I have so many awesome routes planned in my head already.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
So im a bit LTTP, as I now have a gold sub thanks to MS's generosity

Ive been standing in the carpark for about 30mins now...is something supposed to happen ?

Nope, that's it. Welcome to Grand Theft Auto Online! Enjoy your stay.

How does playing with a crew work? The menu system is a bit convoluted.

If I create a closed friend/crew session, and we decide to play missions together, why does that send us into matchmaking with other players, and why does it split us up and put us on separate teams for TDM, etc.?

Why the hell does it kick us out of our private roaming session when we, after a mission, quite out of the voting screen for the next mission/match select? How do we go back to our private free roaming session?

I found it quite confusing, and VERY frustrating.

So how do you grind money doing races solo? Could have sworn when I tried racing solo I didn't get any money, just RP.

Also how do race payouts work? Is it based on the length of the race? Does the amount of laps change it? Class of car? Does the entry fee vary per race? Does the entry fee increase if you keep replaying the same one?

Top Bottom