• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

gocubs

Finally on the PS3 version i was able to do the first race and drug pick up. Get out in the world and i get killed buy some assclown. Going to stick to playing with friends or crew members.

Finally on the PS3 version i was able to do the first race and drug pick up. Get out in the world and i get killed buy some assclown. Going to stick to playing with friends or crew members.

Good luck with that. We couldn't seem to keep it that way last night. Was frustrating as all hell.

I'll probably be starting another GAF crew later today for Xbox, if anyone wants to join pm me, also taking name suggestions.

I also joined a free aim server where some guys were just chattering away on their mics whilst they were robbing a store, I sped over to where they were and chased them alongside the police, I rammed them causing them to spinout with them facing me, and I unloaded into their faces, grabbed their cash and drive off into the sunset. This gets awesome when it works.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So apparently that patch got rid of the ability to replay missions with high payouts.

All these complaints about microtransactions are becoming justified somewhat...

Good, players obsessively spamming the same missions over and over kinda defeats the purpose and turns multi into a production line. Let people get money naturally. Or charge them (I won't be paying).

So apparently that patch got rid of the ability to replay missions with high payouts.

All these complaints about microtransactions are becoming justified somewhat...

Rockstar really likes digging holes. Big, deep, dark holes.

Good, players obsessively spamming the same missions over and over kinda defeats the purpose and turns multi into a production line. Let people get money naturally. Or charge them (I won't be paying).

Yeah, the natural way of earning peanuts in comparison to the high prices of just about everything. It's an unbalanced system right now, and it's a silly way of keeping players grinding unhappily.

TheContact

Do the next mission or so and you get the option to go into passive mode (you can't be killed but you also can't kill players when you aren't doing a job) costs $100

gocubs

Do the next mission or so and you get the option to go into passive mode (you can't be killed but you also can't kill players when you aren't doing a job) costs $100

I went to bought some clothes nothing else mission wise popped up before i was killed by the same ass clown who did a hit and run on me. I quit for the morning after that.

Yerolo

Nope, that's it. Welcome to Grand Theft Auto Online! Enjoy your stay.

So I managed to get past the carpark sightseeing tour....watched the same animation loop about 10x of a guy driving up and giving me his car and now cannot get past "waiting for other players" screen

This has been experience for the past 2hrs. Seems to be the norm :(

Ohhh yes you can. If they shoot you from their car or hit you with it, you'll take damage. You aren't truly invincible in Passive.

duckroll

How do you get money "naturally" when the average normal activity with a risk of death pays out $1-2k, and you lose $2k per death? The high payout missions are the natural way to make money in the game right now.

pringles

Made a good 25k in a room with 6-7 people who, for once, stuck around a while. Racing definitely seems like the easiest way to make money.
Got 33rd in the world on a chopper race don't know why people struggle with them as I love them.

This game just gets better and better as network issues are starting to sort themselves out.

Soooooo stupid that you lose money from dying even while on jobs though. I mean, why would anyone want to play survival? Incredibly difficult to not lose money on it. Fix that shit RS.

duckroll

Soooooo stupid that you lose money from dying even while on jobs though. I mean, why would anyone want to play survival? Incredibly difficult to not lose money on it. Fix that shit RS.

Losing money when you die on jobs also makes co-op missions really fucked up. You already have limited lives to complete the mission with, but when you die you still lose money? Lame as fuck.

kiyomi

Losing money when you die on jobs also makes co-op missions really fucked up. You already have limited lives to complete the mission with, but when you die you still lose money? Lame as fuck.

The economy in general is gonna need some rebalancing, I think.

E92 M3

Why this wasn't in the single player is baffling really.

I ask the same question for all of the clothing options too - but definitely can't wait to try everything out this weekend.

Anyone want to make a quick compilation of the missions that pay the best, and the ones that are considered most "fun"?

Acorn

I ask the same question for all of the clothing options too - but definitely can't wait to try everything out this weekend.

Anyone want to make a quick compilation of the missions that pay the best, and the ones that are considered most "fun"?
Top Fun, it pays 9k I think and its jets vs motorbikes.

mack999

Banned
A few people on the official forums saying they no longer lose money dying, maybe they've patched it.

Hey i just played a mission where I died 2 times and after that a deathmatch and I have not losed any money from my bank account? :OOO

Is this fixed with the patch too?

Seems the same for me. I still lose it in free roam, but not when doing anything else.

Toothpick

Joined some guys who kept restarting a mission with a 10k payout. Made almost 100k in an hour but then I got bored. A nice apartment doesnt seem unattainable now

Mastadon

Banned
A few people on the official forums saying they no longer lose money dying, maybe they've patched it.

Hey i just played a mission where I died 2 times and after that a deathmatch and I have not losed any money from my bank account? :OOO

Is this fixed with the patch too?

Seems the same for me. I still lose it in free roam, but not when doing anything else.

This is great news if true.

Finally got in last night....spent my first night not being able to get in at all, then the second night I got through the intro cutscene and stopped at the intro race. Last night I was able to do the race, the holdup, and then drove to the last man standing event, and got stuck again and decided to hang it up. Maybe I'll get through it after work today, or some time this weekend. Or maybe I'll actually finish the SP story this weekend instead.

Disappointed to hear that when you die in a mission, it still takes the hospital bills out. Was hoping mission deaths would be immune to that... or that there wouldn't be significant penalties for dying at all. It sort of defeats the purpose of playing if there is such a harsh penalty on dying.

In single player missions, does dying penalize you like that?

*edit*

Just read the post up there that dying in missions might not take away cash... That's great if so. Even in free roam, they should tune it down a bit. Nobody will want to have reckless fun if there are serious penalties. Or, just make it take it from your cash on hand, not your cash in your bank account.

Disappointed to hear that when you die in a mission, it still takes the hospital bills out. Was hoping mission deaths would be immune to that... or that there wouldn't be significant penalties for dying at all. It sort of defeats the purpose of playing if there is such a harsh penalty on dying.

In single player missions, does dying penalize you like that?

It's a bug, I think.

Is it also true that you can't play with only friends or crew members? I've got a group of 6 guys and we'd love to do missions around the map together ... but having random people join and screw it up isn't really fun for us. In other words, I dont really want to play coop with people who I don't know

Flipyap

Ohhh yes you can. If they shoot you from their car or hit you with it, you'll take damage. You aren't truly invincible in Passive.
Passive Mode is seriously terrible. It only works reliably indoors, so if you want to safely use your phone outside, you have to get out of your car and walk somewhere a car won't fit.
Some dude tried to get me with a dive-by so I did the only logical thing to make sure I don't die: I jumped out of my car and climbed on top of it (the dual bird emote came in handy here). Ridiculous.
I'd really like to use bikes and convertibles, but they're just death traps with a passive mode like this.

harrytang

i wasn't able to test this but it looks like I can give my special addition weapons to friends. i go into ammu-nation and the shotgun and 50 cal pistol are on the wall with all attachments for free. when I got outside i was able to drop on ground. if i can go back and get another one for free, and non special addition players can use them, then it sounds like i could start a black market for special addition weapons. lot of "ifs" in this statement but will try tonight. if anyone has a clue let me know.

Is it also true that you can't play with only friends or crew members? I've got a group of 6 guys and we'd love to do missions around the map together ... but having random people join and screw it up isn't really fun for us. In other words, I dont really want to play coop with people who I don't know

cant you do a friends + crew option from the online menu in SP?

Isn't there an option for "invite only"?

Umm is anyone else patch downloading for them? Because as soon as I click ok (PS3) ..I just get a black screen. Nothing happens...Is this happening to anyone else?

I've been trying to play this evening and I'm already getting frustrated, doing the first missions with lamar was doable, but the first multi mission (when whatever his name want to check your "gun skills") is just unjoinable, tried 3 times, got timed out twice and kicked once during match making (making me a "bad sport")... And everytime it happens, it drops me all the way back to single player, meaning I need to load online again which takes forever... I guess I'll try again in a week or so, and if it's not any better forget about it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Rockstar really likes digging holes. Big, deep, dark holes.

Yeah, the natural way of earning peanuts in comparison to the high prices of just about everything. It's an unbalanced system right now, and it's a silly way of keeping players grinding unhappily.

You say 'grinding' I say 'playing normally and will accrue lots of money eventually ie not in the first week or maybe even month'

How do you get money "naturally" when the average normal activity with a risk of death pays out $1-2k, and you lose $2k per death? The high payout missions are the natural way to make money in the game right now.

Well I don't go in for DM much myself because it does seem a bit of a waste. Racing and missions seem to pay out quite well though and they're more fun to boot. I made ~30k yesterday, got a garage etc.

IMO people need to look at the game as a long term prospect - the stuff that costs hundreds of thousand, that's very very high level players. The kind of high level that most of us will be in a few months.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

IIRC, in the mode lobbies you can choose specifically who to invite. So just invite the people you want to play with. You can invite people in your crew from any other server.

duckroll

Does the new patch mean now people can order the cash cards or are those still disabled for the time being?

Everything is disabled until the game actually runs properly for everyone. Currently you can't even buy stocks in multiplayer. The content creator hasn't launched either. They're probably not going to enable buying cash until things actually work as planned.

test_account

XP-39C²
Are there any way to just choose co-op missions? I havnt really liked the other modes so far, especially the deathmatch ones. Why can you see the enemy position (and they can see you), even the direction that you're facing?

So did the patch fix things? People no longer having characters deleted?

For first time ever I could reload my character without it corrupting

Are there any way to just choose co-op missions? I havnt really liked the other modes so far, especially the deathmatch ones. Why can you see the enemy position (and they can see you), even the direction that you're facing?
Eventually you unlock the ability to call NPCs and ask for jobs, but you still have to go back to free roam mode every time you want to change missions.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Damn, 14 hours later and my character is still gone, god damn, 30 seconds I was offline, and she just disappeared into nothingness.

Top Bottom