• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Hmm, was driving down the street on my first mission (for the 6th time) and suddenly the day changed from night to day to evening like it does when you do a mission, then the UI disappeared completely, then it timed out and now I can't back on, lol.

daffy

Banned
My character AND CASH got wiped after I installed the newest update on PS3. I still have pictures of her :/

It's draining trying to earn money. The highest I have made on a job is like 5k, the cheapest apartment is like 93k or something. My character is shopping at discount stores... MY CHARACTER.

So much fun playing last night...
0_0.jpg

My character AND CASH got wiped after I installed the newest update on PS3. I still have pictures of her :/

It's draining trying to earn money. The highest I have made on a job is like 5k, the cheapest apartment is like 93k or something. My character is shopping at discount stores... MY CHARACTER.
There is a house garage combination for $80k. Definitely go for that. BUT!!! Make sure you buy it through the website otherwise you won't get the achievement. I bought it through the sign out front and the achievement didn't unlock. Had to buy ANOTHER place with a garage to get it.

Tawpgun

There's also 2 helicopters near the docks.

I'm wondering if anyone found any secret vehicles/weapons or items around the world.

I only know of the helicopter at the airport (and I guess the docks now also)
There's a parachute on that bigass bridge the train goes across the gorge.
And one time I spawned at the Kotrz Center Parking Lot and there were Infernus's there.

besada

Banned
Not sure about the airport being accessed at a higher level, but there's a stunt jump on the left side of the airport entrance to get on to the tarmac. There's a helicopter there too.

You can also pick up a stunt plane in a hanger up north in the boonies.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
seems if they just patched out that race mission it would fix everything cause once you get past it youll have no problems getting in

scarlet

trying to delete a character, more than 10 minutes and it's still not deleted and i can't turn it off!

do not delete your character guys!

i'm scared it will ruin my saves :(

Ted

Anyone from the BritGAF crew (PS3) gonna be playing today? I'll be on all afternoon.

I'll be on around 4pm, StaabPS on PSN !
Will try to join crew as always, not that it works... ever ;)

I would be well up for joining PS3 BritGAF. I generally play from around 6/7pm. I mostly play soft lock but am happy with free aim (just have to move closer to the tellybox), I have a mic but listen more than talk due to sharing my gaming space with the wife.

I played a lot of MP3 MP but only a few from my friends list are playing GTA5 at all so I'd love to crew up again.

Added myself to the group on R*SC, I hope you don't mind. :)

I don't know why I'm about to try this patch.

The online for this game has been horrible so far and I don't even like online modes in games anymore.

I just don't have the patience to deal with idiots and children online.

What is wrong with me?

jacobs34

I'm sure this has been covered before, but what is the best way to make cash? I've been selling cars back to Los Santos for easy money, and doing the mask trick makes knocking over stores easy. Outside of that I mainly stick to doing missions and staying away from death match.

daffy

Banned
There is a house garage combination for $80k. Definitely go for that. BUT!!! Make sure you buy it through the website otherwise you won't get the achievement. I bought it through the sign out front and the achievement didn't unlock. Had to buy ANOTHER place with a garage to get it.
Oh nice, gotta find that. At first I was just going to get a garage but then I realized apartments have garages apparently.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Tried a couple things last night, but the same results in the end: Not getting to the first race.

Either I get the "waiting with a group of people forever" when trying the full online, or a double load-to-forever loading screen when I tried doing it on Solo.

I hope the patch will make things work.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but what is the best way to make cash? I've been selling cars back to Los Santos for easy money, and doing the mask trick makes knocking over stores easy. Outside of that I mainly stick to doing missions and staying away from death match.

There's this Gerald mission that unlocks at lvl15 called Violent Duct. You gotta kill about 10-14 thugs and steal a drug package. The whole mission takes about 5 minutes to complete because it takes place like a block away for Gerald's house. You get 9000$ and +1000 RP for completing it once on Hard. I made 200k in an hour or so today.

Siegmeyer

Alligator-dosh, Clarence Beek good times rolling with other BGAF crew members.

That was me (Clarence_Beeks on PSN)

I would be well up for joining PS3 BritGAF. I generally play from around 6/7pm. I mostly play soft lock but am happy with free aim (just have to move closer to the tellybox), I have a mic but listen more than talk due to sharing my gaming space with the wife.

I played a lot of MP3 MP but only a few from my friends list are playing GTA5 at all so I'd love to crew up again.

Added myself to the group on R*SC, I hope you don't mind. :)

PSN name? (I presume it's not just 'Ted')

CF22

I'm trying to update to 1.02 on PS3 but after I hit OK I get a black screen and nothing happens. Is this happening to anyone else?

jacobs34

There's this Gerald mission that unlocks at lvl15 called Duct Dangerous or something? You gotta kill about 10-14 thugs and steal a drug package. The whole mission takes about 5 minutes to complete because it takes place like a block away for Gerald's house. You get 9000$ and +1000 RP for completing it once on Hard. I made 200k in an hour or so today.

Cool. I should level 15 sometime today. I'll definitely look into that, thanks.

jet1911

Tried to play for the first time last night. I was able to create my character but after the cutscene with Lamar the game was stuck at "loading session" for a good 10 minutes. Great succes!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just killed someone from GAF with a bounty because the red dot eliminates the crew color on the map. I gave them half the bounty I got, though.

So ps3 duders, how's the patch? Does it help?

Working flawlessly for me all morning with the new patch

Before patch ALWAYS got corrupted characters

360 owners - wait for the patch, rockstar said they plan to release later today. Light and day difference for me on PS3.

Might have better luck when people don't lose 1-2k for each death in.... Deathmatch. :(

Death match death don't count right ?
I thought only mission fail and free roam death.

Better to do the Gerald drugs mission on easy.
9k/4 min on the one we did haven't gotten the 9k/2min one yet :(

Grieves

Is PS3 online still working?

I noticed pre-patch that I could only get on after 9.00PM (presumably after all the kids have gone to bed).

I'm at work now but wondered if it's still possible to play online now the kids will be getting back from school.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Might have better luck when people don't lose 1-2k for each death in.... Deathmatch. :(

ugh, really?

I can see playing in passive mode for a long time, until i get enough money potentially saved up that "death" doesn't hurt as much in the wallet.

Unlocked my sniper rifle last night. It really works people up if you manage to shoot them while they're driving lol. Prepare to have a lot of bounties on you if you're good w it.

I'm trying to update to 1.02 on PS3 but after I hit OK I get a black screen and nothing happens. Is this happening to anyone else?

This happened to me too. Restart your PS3 and when it prompts you to download the update, wait about 2 minutes after the intro screen (sirens, gun shots etc) and then click OK.

Does anyone want to grind a mission for the next hour where you get $9000 every 2-3 minutes? I'm on PS3 my PSN is "Eyemus". They blocked it off with the latest patch but there is still a way to repeat the mission and earn quick money.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Does anyone want to grind a mission for the next hour where you get $9000 every 2-3 minutes? I'm on PS3 my PSN is "Eyemus". They blocked it off with the latest patch but there is still a way to repeat the mission and earn quick money.

Sure, PSN is Daraman.

Top Bottom