• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

njean777

Rockstar has never been very good at menus and interfaces. They should really hire a true UI/UX designer for their next game.

You can do races by yourself. At the lower levels, you'll jump half a level after each "win".

Alright I will try this, do not know why they thought throwing in higher level players with lower levels was a good idea. I also think guns should be turned off during races, kinda cheap tbh.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Stick up too many in a row and you get 4 stars for robbing one.

I accidently shot one of the clerks last night, i was meaning just to aim for a bottle because shooting a bottle has the same effect as screaming like a jackal into your headset. Aimed to low, one to the dome. Went behind the register and cleaned up got something like 3 grand (usually a little less than 2) went outside and BOOM 3 stars Choppers and cops everywhere. High tailed it out of there and caught a break going through a tunnel to lose the choppers ended up in blaine county counting banking my dough.

I got as far as the Last Team Standing checkpoint in the Online Tutorial and it just sits on the launching session screen and I constantly have to list to hispanic pop music from the radio. At least my character loads and I am able to save my money.

ROCKSTAR, if you're reading this shame on you for not doing an open beta.

Alright I will try this, do not know why they thought throwing in higher level players with lower levels was a good idea. I also think guns should be turned off during races, kinda cheap tbh.

You can also get a sawed off shotgun for free from Ammunation. Doesn't make up for the lack of an automatic weapon at range but in DM gamemodes you can do pretty well at close range. You get access to an smg at level 5 I believe (have to buy it).

I've played with several Gaf members today and the patch is indeed working. It sucks how everytime u die in free mode money gets deducted from ur bank

abundant

I got as far as the Last Team Standing checkpoint in the Online Tutorial and it just sits on the launching session screen and I constantly have to list to hispanic pop music from the radio. At least my character loads and I am able to save my money.

ROCKSTAR, if you're reading this shame on you for not doing an open beta.

Just do a Solo session. You only have to do the race, the drug deal, and hold up a store. That's what I did yesterday and besides a long wait for the race to start, it went smoothly.

DietRob

I've played with several Gaf members today and the patch is indeed working. It sucks how everytime u die and free mode money gets deducted from ur bank

The most terrible thing ever... Starting to see the reason for the cash cards yet?

Wow I am surprised, been working all morning for me after PS3 patch

Didnt expect that after neverending fails before that

360 owners - wait for patch. it actually works.

Tevious

I haven't seen the Violent Duct mission come up at all yet, and I'm level 18 now. I was level 12 or so a day ago. I'm broke all the time from dying, buying ammo, and upgrading my car. I'm getting a bit annoyed with the sudden increase in bounty's NPCs keep giving me for stealing cars, especially after I killed the driver.

Being able to eject people from your vehicle is so useful for jackass randoms that just shoot at everything in the middle of a mission attracting heat. I gave the dude a warning and he didnt listen so I left him halfway to the marker in the middle of the mission. He wasn't happy. lol

Being able to eject people from your vehicle is so useful for jackass randoms that just shoot at everything in the middle of a mission attracting heat. I gave the dude a warning and he didnt listen so I left him halfway to the marker in the middle of the mission. He wasn't happy. lol

Holy shit does every car have an ejection seat?

The most terrible thing ever... Starting to see the reason for the cash cards yet?

Yup boss I do see the need for cash cards now, Unless once the heists are available and completely unbalance the economy but let's see the stock market isn't working yet either. So I'll reserve judgement but yea the grind is too harsh

Yeef

Finally working for me. Did the first Last Team Standing match. Apparently, I was the only one that bothered checking out Ammu-nation and picking up my free sawed-off. I proceeded to tear face.

Hopefully this starts working for everyone soon, because it is a blast. I've been lucky enough to have had a near flawless experience since Wednesday night. Played from 7pm til 1:00am last night and it's shaping up to be everything I've been hoping it would be. It was great fun playing with other GAFers that were able to get on. Thanks for the games spazznid, Quint, Nighthawk, WhoaIsThatMars, sweeny and others. My PSN name is MrJellyBean btw.

Everyone here needs to get into one of the GAF crews if you're not, because that just makes everything better. Super easy to join/invite others to jobs/missions. During my session last night I didn't initiate one mission, but I was playing them all night because of how easy it is for people to invite crew members. You are constantly getting mission invite texts while playing and it's quick and easy to join them. Once everyone can get on and we can get full GAF lobbies going this shit is going to be amazing.

Siegmeyer

How do you do this?

DietRob

Yup boss I do see the need for cash cards now, Unless once the heists are available and completely unbalance the economy but let's see the stock market isn't working yet either. So I'll reserve judgement but yea the grind is too harsh

I'll be honest. I'll most likely buy some of these. I only purchase 1 or 2 games a year and I want to be able to enjoy an apartment and nice cars without having to spend every moment of my free time grinding.

I know people are going to cast judgement and call me a sell out, but fuck them?

I'd love to know how you do this too.

Plasmid

I'll be honest. I'll most likely buy some of these. I only purchase 1 or 2 games a year and I want to be able to enjoy an apartment and nice cars without having to spend every moment of my free time grinding.

I know people are going to cast judgement and call me a sell out, but fuck them?

If the replay missions is actually patched i'll have to. Like you said it takes WAY too long to grind out 400k without replaying missions.

Tawpgun

I guess its to prevent random killfests like that happened all the time in GTAIV free mode.

But all it does is punishes victims. Kinda sucks but w/e. I actually wish players would drop all their cash money. Dumb how they only drop either $100 or whatever is above $5000

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Downloaded the ps3 patch, but sadly my character was still not showing up. Just re created another and luckily my money from my other character is still there. I was around rank 10 so I guess it's not that bad. Now I have to go for orientation at work, let's hope everything is intact when I get back

Top Bottom