• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Got my apartment, woop.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Omni

Managed to get in and play for a few hours on Xbox. Actually ran into 3 GAF members from the GAF Crew (separate lobbies over the course of hours). Sent invites to all of them but apparently no one wanted to do any missions, hah. Next time perhaps.

I like the idea of GTA Online... But I'm struggling to see the progression. I'm currently rank 8 or something, and all I can think of is "is there more to this?". I dunno... It seems kinda clunky to me. Plus I couldn't even play tennis because no one wanted to join... They've programmed the AI, why can't I just go up against that?

Edit. I think I'll end up buying the fake money with real money. Really can't be bothered grinding days of gameplay just to get 5k a mission.

Alpende

Shit, I hope that patch hits 360 users today. Just turned my 360 off because those loading times are fucking insane.

Sheesh.

NeoGiff

Ok, who's the GAFfer I was just playing with? Rank 13, had a skull mask on? I'm Spiffy_Giffy on PSN, for reference.

We just finished the most hilarious mission ever in which we were competing over delivering weed to a barn out in Blaine County.

Mononoke

Banned
Well this blows. After the patch, my character is still gone. I told myself if my level 10 character was gone, I was done with the game. But apart of me still wants to give it ONE more chance. But I think I'm going to wait 1-2 weeks. If they can't guarantee my work will be saved, then why try again? How do we even know the new patch even fixed this. Has Rockstar even acknowledge characters missing?

4k away from 205k apartment with 10 car garage, so close.

I haven't gotten to play the tutorial.

People already have apartments while I just get to see my character standing staring at a wall then it changes to a blurry cityscape where it sits there loading forever. Glad I'm getting the same $60 worth as everyone else.

How do I gift money to another player?

It's in the options where you hold back/select, don't remember exactly where might be on the first menu or in the inventory.

EDIT: Beaten.

Well this blows. After the patch, my character is still gone. I told myself if my level 10 character was gone, I was done with the game. But apart of me still wants to give it ONE more chance. But I think I'm going to wait 1-2 weeks. If they can't guarantee my work will be saved, then why try again? How do we even know the new patch even fixed this. Has Rockstar even acknowledge characters missing?

Money should be saved across characters and not tied to them, at least when it comes to money in the bank. Is it coming up that you need to create a character from launching via the character selection wheel or are you doing like I did and checking the character selection and not seeing anything?

Mononoke

Banned
It's in the options where you hold back/select, don't remember exactly where might be on the first menu or in the inventory.

EDIT: Beaten.

Money should be saved across characters and not tied to them, at least when it comes to money in the bank. Is it coming up that you need to create a character from launching via the character selection wheel or are you doing like I did and checking the character selection and not seeing anything?

Basically, it doesn't matter how I start the online. If I load from the title screen, if I go to the online tab in game and click "solo session" "go" or "choose character" - all of them load up online and take m straight to the blue character select screen, with two empty slots. Both of my characters that went missing yesterday, never came back. Even after the patch.

It looks like my money that was in the bank is there. But I lost my level 10 character. So I guess what I'm saying is, has Rockstar officially acknowledge they know of this problem, and did the patch have anything to do with that? Because I don't want to start again, and lose all my rank..again.

EDIT: Tried also launching by using down on the D-Pad and selecting the character wheel. No matter which way I go online, it goes straight to an empty character select screen.

RdN

How the hell are you guys making so much money?

I've been playing with no issues for the last 2 nights and I'm still at 50k!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
probably asked but is there a 360 patch today and when is it going live?

edit: nvm. The link above just says today.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
You can still replay them after completing it. Just have to hit R2 instead of continue, did this maybe an hour ago.

I take back my 'motherfuckers' comment. I figured it would be patched out due to the greed of cash cards.

probably asked but is there a 360 patch today and when it is going live?

rockstar expressed a hope to release it later today

the ps3 patch this morning turned my game from broken to flawless this morning, logged in half dozen times and no character corruption (before patch ALWAYS corrupted on me)

360 owners - if patch is the same, then dont waste your time on the game until the patch is released, or if you do dont count on your stuff saving.

So are you guys getting the expensive apartment via farming? I might go for that one since I don't see a point in getting the least expensive ones if I can't have a boat.

Siegmeyer

So when it's working properly, this could be a ton of fun.

I was in a session on my own, robbed a store by Sandy Shores, Shopkeeper tried to be hero so he got got, I leg it out of there and get 3 stars. Jump in a car and start trying to lose the heat. I can here a police chopper ridiculously close and also see on the minimap that someone from BritGAF is right behind me. I look in the rearview and there's no one there, and then I realise it's not a cop chopper, but the Gaffer (nate222343 or something) in a Maverick and he proceeds to follow me all the way into the city, spectating as I try and lose the cops on the ground. Made it way more epic knowing I was being watched and (presumably) cheered on.

Had a few weirdos chasing me around and taking potshots. Took out one guy with a shotgun and stole his ride. Afterwards, went to LS Customs to get that free insurance, and he was waiting for me outside. So I killed him again via driveby, causing him to leave.

Top Bottom