• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

DukeBobby

Downloaded the ps3 patch, but sadly my character was still not showing up. Just re created another and luckily my money from my other character is still there. I was around rank 10 so I guess it's not that bad. Now I have to go for orientation at work, let's hope everything is intact when I get back

Same thing happened to me. I saw you in a game at level 3.

Annoying, huh?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So can only own one apartment, can you sell one to upgrade or stuck with the first you buy?

A really cool game mechanic would be if you could list cars, apartment, boats, ect.... in a GTAO version of Craigslist and other players be able to buy them off you.

Add that to the 45 year idea bank R*

ironcreed

Banned
If the replay missions is actually patched i'll have to. Like you said it takes WAY too long to grind out 400k without replaying missions.

In which case, this will have a short life for me once I finally do play it. I am not buying their virtual money just to be able to have a nice virtual pad and car without grinding my ass off. Can you not just earn enough from other activities?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Two things

How do I save?

And

How come my vehicle is to hot to modify :(

Everything usually auto saves but in my need to be as careful as possible whenever I go to leave online mode I press start and select the "Quit GTA online" function. At that points it prompts and saves.

"High end" cars are the ones that are too hot. Basically you need to find a beater and start grinding until you can afford the car you want.

Two things

How do I save?

And

How come my vehicle is to hot to modify :(
To save go to the pause menu, online tab, then scroll all the way down to 'Leave GTA Online'. Any time you see a brown swirl on the bottom of your screen it is saving. If you turn off your console without saving you'll lose all the progress since your last autosave.

Gaz_RB

In which case, this will have a short life for me once I finally do play it. I am not buying their virtual money just to be able to have a nice virtual pad and car without grinding my ass off. Can you not just earn enough from other activities?

You can. Just takes awhile. I think of it like prestige in COD. Cheapest apartment is 80k, but if you want the nice ones, you have to work for it.

360 owners need to wait for their patch should be later today

PS3 went from broken to fixed with this patch, played for many hours this morning with no corrupt characters, no flaws at all in fact.

Alpende

Ffs, trying to spectate another crew member and it just keeps loading. So annoying.

360 by the way. I hope the patch sorts that stuff out.

ironcreed

Banned
You can. Just takes awhile. I think of it like prestige in COD. Cheapest apartment is 80k, but if you want the nice ones, you have to work for it.

Well, I would expect that. He was just making it sound like it was a slog to actually earn anything, lol. But I am not that impatient.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Wish there was a a kind of soft free mode, where players can't kill players on purpose and if you wanted to can turn on if others can kill you, instead of this passive stuff that doesn't quite work seeing as players can kill you in a bunch of other ways.

Would just be nice playing with a large group of unknowns and not having to worry about one or two nobs who insist on pooping on everyone else trying to do something.

Ffs, trying to spectate another crew member and it just keeps loading. So annoying.

360 by the way. I hope the patch sorts that stuff out.

360 owners - wait for the patch

PS3 went from constant fail (ALWAYS would corrupt my character) to working flawlessly all morning for me since the patch

Wish there was a a kind of soft free mode, where players can't kill players on purpose and if you wanted to can turn on if others can kill you, instead of this passive stuff that doesn't quite work seeing as players can kill you in a bunch of other ways.

Would just be nice playing with a large group of unknowns and not having to worry about one or two nobs who insist on pooping on everyone else trying to do something.

I had more fun doing the Quick Job from the phone menu since passive mode basically doesnt work (eg in a car people can shoot you)

Copenap

So, I'm not getting beyond the "Launching Session" for the first mission, any chance this is ever going to work? I can't do shit.

Day 4
I fell asleep waiting for intro race to start and when I woke up, Lamar was telling me to rob a store.
So yeah, I napped my way into the online. I always knew napping solved everything

MAX PAYMENT

I'm surprised the ps3 patch is out first.
I almost went with the ps3 version. Is not having party chat annoying? I get separated from my buddies a lot on Xbox.

Gaz_RB

GTA Race (or GTA Kart, more aptly) is actually way more fun than I thought. I still prefer normal races though.

Well, I would expect that. He was just making it sound like it was a slog to actually earn anything, lol. But I am not that impatient.

I think the people complaining are lower levels. I'm 32 (22hrs) and missions give a lot more money. I've got the mid tier apartment. At first money just comes slow. As it should, IMO

The match-making for free roam is pretty good on this, everytime I either play with GAF crew member or someone from my friends list. Also can anyone tell me if you are able to steal a plane/helicopter? I went to the airport and there was none.

atrox

Neo Member
I've tried 6 or 7 times to get the first race to work and it just hangs every time. I have to quit to dashboard. I also have to recreate my character every time because when I try to go online it says the character save has been corrupted. Hopefully it works for me soon but I still have a few things to do in single player anyways.

JonCha

Working finally But I'm confused. Do In just go driving around doing jobs and missions to earn money? I don't generally go around ding things randomly.

Working finally But I'm confused. Do In just go driving around doing jobs and missions to earn money? I don't generally go around ding things randomly.

I like to use Quick Job from the phone to get me into events quick without having to drive up to them

After that job is done, the people get to vote on the next one with a picture and description of 6 various jobs typically a range (eg some racing, some competitive deathmatch etc)

RotBot

Has anyone done Landing Strip? Do you need to have people on the ground kill all the enemies at the delivery location before you can turn in the plane? I landed right on it but they surrounded and killed me.

Is there a way to invite friends/crew to a private freemode room? I can't find the option.

I haven't messed around with it too much, but one way to get a lobby with all crew members/friends would be to host a mission/job that allows up to 16 players. Do a mass crew/friends invite, play the mission/job then when the voting screen comes up have everyone vote for Free Roam. That should put everyone you were playing with in a Free Roam lobby. There probably is an easier way to do it though.

Gaz_RB

Like... In video games or in real life? Haha

Do some jobs, rob some stores, make some friends. If you're on 360 I could help you out.

Has anyone done Landing Strip? Do you need to have people on the ground kill all the enemies at the delivery location before you can turn in the plane? I landed right on it but they surrounded and killed me.

I usually have a couple people parachute out and clear the strip.

Pompadour

Did they fix the convenience store hold up glitch? It doesn't sound as useful as repeating 10k missions over and over but 1.5k every minute isn't bad.

Tawpgun

So 360 patch sometime today?

I've had no problems getting in, but im hyped I get to play with friends now. Hopefully it comes out by the time I get out of work.

Top Bottom