• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

kris.

Banned
Just tried getting on during my lunch break. Couldn't even launch GTAO. Locked up my console. Beautiful. (post patch PS3)

Omni

I was robbing a store and some random player stole my beautiful car. So I followed him from the city all the way up to the northern airfield where I noticed that he had decided to rob a store.

So I stole my car back and watched as he got In a shoot out with the cops and died because he had no transport out of there.

Good times.

I just logged in today for a couple of minutes and decided just to call it quits and play some DOTA. I'm sure it'll be wonderful when it's all smooth and snappy but now it's just a complete headache to try to join games and repeatedly get the "failed" message. I tried for one complete hour to set up a race or join my friends free roam game but it wouldn't let us yesterday. I lost all hope, but I'm sure it'll redeem itself as soon as it get's on footing. This will be hella fun with a lot of rl friends.

Acorn

I've been playing being a paparazzi. Running up to everyone with lawsuit mode on (passive) and taking photos. It's hilarious how annoyed some people are getting.

DogMeat77

I was robbing a store and some random player stole my beautiful car. So I followed him from the city all the way up to the northern airfield where I noticed that he had decided to rob a store.

So I stole my car back and watched as he got In a shoot out with the cops and died because he had no transport out of there.

Good times.

In the Quick Menu or whatever they call it (holding down select on PS3) you can set your car access to everyone / crew / or no one to prevent that. I keep mine on crew... I figure it ain't no fun if the homies can't have none.. or something like that. ;)

So I looted some guys body and some guys started following me.

I was heading back to my home, when I noticed I was being followed by a guy in a truck. He started ramming me, and managed to shoot out my tires. Shit! I got near home, and jumped out. Dude followed me, I tried to fight, but, alas I had no ammo. Dude traps me in my home, and gets out of his truck.

I beg him not to kill me, he just fucking laughs comes up to me, and then -bam- his car explodes and kills him. Why the fuck did it explode? How the fuck should I know.

ironcreed

Banned
Had a few weirdos chasing me around and taking potshots. Took out one guy with a shotgun and stole his ride. Afterwards, went to LS Customs to get that free insurance, and he was waiting for me outside. So I killed him again via driveby, causing him to leave.

Dick Justice indeed.

LkPr

Losing bank money when you die was apparently a bug that has been fixed with the new patch.

Rockstar support say so here:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...ition-to-change-medical-bills-ruins-the-game-

This was a major complaint for me and this is great news. As a xbox 360 user, can any ps3 user confirm this has been fixed?

I NEED to try this when I get home... however some people on other forums are saying it is still not working... (i.e. they are losing money when they die in free roam)

Reule

After Gerald asks you to do that one job where it's TDM, are you supposed to get another call or is that it for the tutorial?

Just tried yet again and my console bricked. Not to mention, my progress was deleted from couple of days ago when I managed to get in :/

Arcteryx

So, how have things been for PS3 users since the patch? Better? Worse? The same?

No different. If you check gtaforums, subReddit, and the Rockstar Support page people are still having lots of issues on PS3(character deletion, cloud down, kicked offline, etc).

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just found out I had a free Nissan GTR clone on the legendary motorsports website. Just had it delivered to my garage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there a place where I can find out what all the properties LOOK like?

For instance, there are a ton of 10 car garages, but I'm not exactly sure which one I want to cop first.

Gaz_RB

I don't understand.. There's a mission where you have to go to the top of this skyscraper, and the only way up is a ladder that they can shoot at you from... It says to bring a helicopter, does that mean I have to buy one? Cause I went to all the spots and helicopters don't spawn during the mission

Gorillaz

Did the patch really come out because it never came up in the PSN sleepmode update screen when I booted it up and I just turned it on and it there wasn't anything.

I don't understand.. There's a mission where you have to go to the top of this skyscraper, and the only way up is a ladder that they can shoot at you from... It says to bring a helicopter, does that mean I have to buy one? Cause I went to all the spots and helicopters don't spawn during the mission

Haha I'm playing with you

Mononoke

Banned
Well, at least the tutorial thing was fixed. Just created a new character, and was able to start the Lamar race instantly. Was completely smooth. My game also didn't freeze when I continued to the next mission after it (before it would do an infinite load loop). So as long as my character doesn't get deleted this time, we'll be good.

Arcteryx

Is there a place where I can find out what all the properties LOOK like?

For instance, there are a ton of 10 car garages, but I'm not exactly sure which one I want to cop first.

Don't waste money on a garage: buying an apartment gets you one. Just wait until you get a nice apartment first; then if you somehow need an extra 10 spots, go get a separate garage.

Well the PS3 patch seems to have fixed things...for now

actually took some shots

iiH3rXUaQjKGW.jpg

iq96IQEivsCbg.jpg

iqCcs46vvltER.jpg

Top Bottom