• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I heard something about Rockstar preventing to do redo some missions, someone can explain to me what they did ? I don't care as long as it's the disguised TDM missions but I'd be pretty pissed if this is related to coop missions since I'm pretty much only going to do this and free roam.

deim0s

Played with a gaffer, fuckups and pure luck to deliver an RV. Fun times.

Well the PS3 patch seems to have fixed things...for now

actually took some shots

iiH3rXUaQjKGW.jpg

iq96IQEivsCbg.jpg

iqCcs46vvltER.jpg

There is something growing on your boob.

Falt

I figure they were gonna make it atm only until they realised how dumb it would be.

Dumb? The tension while doing an atm run with a load of cash in a full server was awesome and then I found out about online banking, completely deflating the scenario.

Why include atm's at all? I want to get that tension back! I wish there was something like intermittent wifi access specifically for online banking, giving an actual need for an atm run.

Gaz_RB

I heard something about Rockstar preventing to do redo some missions, someone can explain to me what they did ? I don't care as long as it's the disguised TDM missions but I'd be pretty pissed if this is related to coop missions since I'm pretty much only going to do this and free roam.

They just made it so that you can't immediately do it. Used to be you could just replay them back to back. Now you have to wait until someone gets the mission again

Arcteryx

lol...this is such a poorly tested game.

I'm in passive mode, looking at a site on my phone, fresh out of the tutorial(for the millionth time), and some guy is griefing new players by running them over again and again. Yea yea, there's a report system, but we all know how well those work.

Looks like this is strictly going to be a "crew/friend" only game from here on out.

So whats the chance that I'll be able to try the online out tonight on the Xbox and manage to actual start that first session?

I tried last night and bailed after 10 minutes of watching people popping into existence and walking away. And by "bailed" I mean I exited to the dashboard since there are no options to cancel or otherwise do anything at all.

Do you have to go through tutorial missions before you can play solo?

All I want is a friends-only lobby to fuck around in. Nothing more.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Believe it or not, everything ran just fine! LOL, now I can't get past the first mission for shit.

Oh I do believe everything ran fine when there were maybe 10k playing. Just seems like that was all for nothing now.

Acorn

Dumb? The tension while doing an atm run with a load of cash in a full server was awesome and then I found out about online banking, completely deflating the scenario.

Why include atm's at all? I want to get that tension back! I wish there was something like intermittent wifi access specifically for online banking, giving an actual need for an atm run.
I lost 10k before the phone never again.

Falt

Was there supposed to be an XBox title update today? Did it drop yet? 2:45 on the East coast and stlill nothing

Rockstar said they plan to get the 360 patch out later today.

I lost 10k before the phone never again.

That's rough and it sucks losing cash to some random jerk but I really liked the risk of holding large amounts of money. Online banking instantly snuffs that.

I could play with a personal honour rule of only using atms but still.

Pyrogeek

How do you sell properties and how much do you get?

It will automatically add half the value of your current property to your cash when purchasing a new one. It wasn't very clear to me when I upgraded from my 30,000 garage to the 80,000 apartment. I had 81,000 when I tried to buy the apartment and 16,000.

A message popped up saying something about me already owning a property and asking me to confirm that I wanted to purchase a new one, which would sell the original.

Arcteryx

Also deaths in free roam still remove money from your bank post-patch.

I now have $100 to buy clothes(that I need to progress the intro tutorial missions)...such fun.

Looks like I'm going to have to hard-reset my console so it doesn't save my updated balance.

They just made it so that you can't immediately do it. Used to be you could just replay them back to back. Now you have to wait until someone gets the mission again

All right, thanks !

Looks like this is strictly going to be a "crew/friend" only game from here on out.

If you're on PS3 looking to do free roam, coop missions and rob stores you can add me, I've been looking for people to play with since free roam forces friendly fire and I knew how it would turn out without even trying. I'm not going to play TDM/DM and other modes though. I'm ok with races.
(anyone can add me I don't mind as long as they're ok with doing stuff mentionned above)

PSN ID : DarnellTurner

I haven't been able to even get the online tutorial race started - its stuck on the 'waiting for other players' loading screen. Is this an acknowledged problem?

Reule

After Gerald asks you to do that one job where it's TDM, are you supposed to get another call or is that it for the tutorial?
Anyone?

Also...when you highlight the MP character slot in SP, should I be seeing my character's face or stats?

Everything seems alright right now.

So whats the chance that I'll be able to try the online out tonight on the Xbox and manage to actual start that first session?

I tried last night and bailed after 10 minutes of watching people popping into existence and walking away. And by "bailed" I mean I exited to the dashboard since there are no options to cancel or otherwise do anything at all.

Do you have to go through tutorial missions before you can play solo?

All I want is a friends-only lobby to fuck around in. Nothing more.

Yeah there is 30-45 mins of tutorial before you go solo. Dunno what your chances of getting online are though since I'm ps3

Tawpgun

I am hiding ontop of a building. Maybe even get the achievement to stay alive an entire day wile I am at it lol.

I got a 7000 Bounty on me by a random NPC after I saw Lester. I ran to the mountains. Hid on the big rail bridge that crosses the gorge. Had to kill 3 people that came for me, but I survived and got the achievement.

Ploid 3.0

lol...this is such a poorly tested game.

I'm in passive mode, looking at a site on my phone, fresh out of the tutorial(for the millionth time), and some guy is griefing new players by running them over again and again. Yea yea, there's a report system, but we all know how well those work.

There is an achievement for killing people. He's playing the game. Rockstar encourages it :(

Gaz_RB

Anyone?

Also...when you highlight the MP character slot in SP, should I be seeing my character's face or stats?

Everything seems alright right now.

The tutorial is over after that first LTS mission. After that characters will call and give you missions. And to see your character, you usually have to have logged in to multiplayer and then gone back to single player

Eidan

Made my character, got through the Lamar introduction, and now I'm waiting for a session to launch, I guess to race. Oh man.

Arcteryx

There is an achievement for killing people. He's playing the game. Rockstar encourages it :(

Is the achievement for free roam? If so, that's stupid. If not, he should be in a gametype doing it: not only do you get WAY more RP, but you also don't get labeled a bad sport/reported/kicked.

Gaz_RB

Is the achievement for free roam? If so, that's stupid. If not, he should be in a gametype doing it: not only do you get WAY more RP, but you also don't get labeled a bad sport/reported/kicked.

I don't think you get labeled a bad sport for killing people. Just blowing up their personal car.

Well the game is pretty stable now for PS3 (US) for the most part. Rockstar still hasn't fixed that damn bug where the internet glitches out when you access it from your phone and then you can't access it anymore along with the character select wheel.

When this happens, you can't access anything (missions, contacts, etc) on your phone. The the only sure way to fix it is to quit the game.

Top Bottom