• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Mononoke

Banned
Well, here is the character I made today. I tried to make my old one, but even with the saved settings, it wasn't the same. But I'm happy. Close enough:

zs9XsmK.png

Just got done killing someone, hence the blood.

just found a guy that passes through everyone's car with his car. He's not passive, and his car kinda goes inside the ground.

Has this happened to any of you? (PS3)

Eidan

Still in this race with fucking lamar. 360 update pls.

Yeah, I'm still in the launching session screen. The game clock seems to be ticking, and music is playing, but I can't seem to do anything else. If I restart the game, will I lose the character I made?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I'm still in the launching session screen. The game clock seems to be ticking, and music is playing, but I can't seem to do anything else. If I restart the game, will I lose the character I made?

You shouldn't, I lost the character once when the cloud server went down but I got him back. There's no way to back out when it gets you stuck so I have had to straight up quit to dashboard. I've probably done this atleast 50 times since tuesday.

Reule

Haha, so I saw these two guys go into Ammu-nation and I waited outside with a baseball bat so I could bust some heads. First guy comes out and the door hits me in the face, second guy walks out and blasts me with a shotty.

I am a career criminal.

AReed

I swear, if you're one of those asshole players who just goes to other players to kill them, I hope you get kicked off the server and lose everything.

This one little shit was chasing me for about 5 mi trying to kill me. He rammed my car and then I slipped away.

I don't want to have to fear for my life every time I go online. Can't a guy just walk down the street without being murdered?

Eidan

I swear, if you're one of those asshole players who just goes to other players to kill them, I hope you get kicked off the server and lose everything.

This one little shit was chasing me for about 5 mi trying to kill me. He rammed my car and then I slipped away.

I don't want to have to fear for my life every time I go online. Can't a guy just walk down the street without being murdered?

Lamar hands you a gun right when you get off the plane. Welcome to Los Santos.

Tawpgun

Haha, so I saw these two guys go into Ammu-nation and I waited outside with a baseball bat so I could bust some heads. First guy comes out and the door hits me in the face, second guy walks out and blasts me with a shotty.

I am a career criminal.

Sort of unrelated but meleeing someone with a gun is the best feeling. Did it in deathmatch.

Gorillaz

lol no give me your money

busta

Press back/select and hold on to it. You need 100 cash. Put on passive mode. If you're ever driving and some player starts shooting at you get out of the car and stand outside. They can't hurt you as long as you're walking/not driving. They can still run you over but most people online are shooting not driving over.

gurudyne

I don't want to have to fear for my life every time I go online outside. Can't a guy just walk down the street without being murdered?

I have to imagine this is the internal monologue for every GTA NPC since series inception.

If you're worried about other players stalking or attacking you step your game up. Outrun them, wait behind a corner in cover with an automatic and pop them when they roll by. Or head to the sticks and see if they get bored and decide to chase someone else. Or start a mission. Or start a police chase, let him get close so they get on his ass, and then evade the police. Or stalk other players yourself. It's GTA. Big dog, big nuts.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
360 patch still not out? Would have been nice to play tonight and over the weekend with friends.

Gaz_RB

What's with the 'bad sport' stuff? How does that affect you?

So bad sport is Rockstar's system of keeping shitty players with shitty players. The main way of being a bad sport is quitting games early, and blowing up personal cars. Not from killing. Bad sports get matched with bad sports, and good sports with good sports. It'll take a while to really matter though.

E92 M3

All of this stalking talks reminds me of the time in SAMP - in the Cops N' Robbers server - when I would rob someone for over 300k and they would go crazy chasing me through the whole map. Little did they know I already transferred most of the money to my friend, lol.

robertoci

Any gaffers online/coming online that want to do a few missions or something? I was with a group (sorry can't remember names!) But couldn't find a helicopter for construction site mission.

Edit: On 360

Lvl. 25 with the 400k apartment+10 car garage. Feels good. Took me about 2 1/2 hours to grind the money.

I think some of you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. It's def. structured to be more like an MMO. If you want a quick fix you can hop in, steal a car and go to town. If you want the nicer things, you can grind it out like a crazy person or just take your time and have fun. Some of you want instant gratification and you'll be disappointed as a result. It does have problems, but it's really designed more for a marathon as opposed to a sprint.

Eidan

Jesus, I have no clue what just happened. I was in a mission, then the world stopped, the time of day changed, for a moment I was in the sky, I couldn't move my character, and then the mission started again, but now I was with two guys.

dandoolan

Awesome, I finally got in. Level 5 and about 17,000 in the bank and two death matches behind me. Won both, representing GAF well.

sCHOCOLATE

...I don't want to have to fear for my life every time I go online. Can't a guy just walk down the street without being murdered?
Isn't that what every NPC character in every GTA game is saying to themselves just before the player character bumps them off? LOL!

Top Bottom