• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I admit I occasionally kill people I see though usually I don't put effort into it unless they did something to me first like ramming my car.

Or it's someone from the IGN Crew.

Cess007

Ok. Online is fun as hell.
I can be dying, but am still laughing.

Yesterday, i was playing and suddenly started a car chase with another guy. We were firing each other from inside our cars, and then i lead him to another couple of players who also join the chase; suddenly we were chasing, shooting, and ramming each other; it was pure chaos. And i was laughing all the way!

Gaz_RB

Yeah... There is like no real good way to make money now with this patch. We will see what people come up with

I'm pretty sure Rockstar didn't intend for anyone to make money that fast... Like I did it and have a nice apartment and everything, but it's hollow! Don't feel like I earned it. Just me though. I like the challenge of being poor

I'll probably make a new character

DECOY-LDN

Neo Member
Are you on 360? They patched replay out of ps3 this morning

Yeah and damm.... well at least I managed to grind out at least $500,000 today though got my first apartment.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

MAX PAYMENT

Yeah... There is like no real good way to make money now with this patch. We will see what people come up with

That's irritating. If they consider replaying missions exploiting, then they should reset everybody instead of rewarding those that got away with it.

Post-patch it seems to be running smoothly - as long as I'm on my own. :/ Connecting with people still takes ages or times out mostly...

Arcteryx

Yea this game definitely needs a PvP flag(passive mode is worthless). Driving out of LSC and getting immediately blown up is...really fucking dumb.

any idea when character will be back since i really dont wanna start a new one again

Probably never. My 17 from yesterday is completely gone(money, rank, look, etc).

Ateron

Is anyone else having problems downloading the 1.02 patch?

I've tried twice already, but as soon as I press Ok, my ps3 blacks out and locks. Doesn't even turn off if I hit the power button, I have to disconnect the power cable. It doesn't happen with any other game.

Maybe slightly off topic, but since the patch is for the Online, and without patching I can't play..

Mononoke

Banned
Wow that crooked cop mission is so fuckin aggravating. I had the worst teammate ever. I ended up having 10 kills and 4 deaths. So yeah, you can figure out how that worked. I got the evidence, my idiot partner kept crashing into shit, and couldn't drive. I got killed. Then I went and killed both of them, took the evidence.

It was the SAME shit over and over. Just my partner being completely helpless and getting me killed. In the end we lost, even though I dominated the match. Ugh. Fuck that mission so hard. I really hate these missions where you are on teams. And much prefer to just be on the same side, doing ONE goal. Ugh.

ScOULaris

Is anyone else having problems downloading the 1.02 patch?

I've tried twice already, but as soon as I press Ok, my ps3 blacks out and locks. Doesn't even turn off if I hit the power button, I have to disconnect the power cable. It doesn't happen with any other game.

Maybe slightly off topic, but since the patch is for the Online, and without patching I can't play..

It took three tries for me and some others in here. I had the same problem. Just keep turning off your PS3 and trying until it works.

This patch seemed to fix online for me completely! I was able to get on and play with zero issues this morning, and it was great.

bender

What time is it?
Two nights of fun only to return to a deleted character. As far as killing other players is concerned, it's all I do. I get the police van (easy to get, can't be shot into unless someone opens a door and takes a ridiculous amount of damage) and just chase down players pulling of heists. Welcome to the sandbox.

HiiiLife

Rockstar taking L's for this BS. Or maybe the players are because we spent money for this less than successful online experience lol.

Gorillaz

Rockstar taking L's for this BS. Or maybe the players are because we spent money for this less than successful online experience lol.

They earned a billion in 3 days and online problems that will probably be forgotten by mainstream.

We ended up the guinea pigs and basically Alpha Testers

We took the L's on this one lol

One in-game day, which = 48 minutes.

I imagine that loading out of online and then into another online match resets that too? Could be a very quick but boring way to make money if so.

Out of interest - can you plan heists from any apartment - do the more expensive apartments have any extra that the cheap Ina are missing beyond aesthetics?

Ploid 3.0

I really wish I was able to get to that money Job before this patch. I'm so jealous of you guys that were able to milk it, and 360 people that can still milk it. One of the bonuses of having slower patch speeds?

Turn the game on to find out that the rockstar cloud servers are unavailable. When I go to my character wheel in the SP, i don't see my character no more. I swear if it's deleted again......

E92 M3

Haven't launched in a while and still hope - my level 5 - character is still there. Really liked how he turned out.

Acorn

I really wish I was able to get to that money Job before this patch. I'm so jealous of you guys that were able to milk it, and 360 people that can still milk it. One of the bonuses of having slower patch speeds?
Bank accounts being emptied when you die ruins it though.

They should make a cooldown period before you can replay a mission. Maybe 6 real-lie hours or something? Anyway I'm having a nice time building my bankroll. There are quite a few freezes and timeouts unfortunately.

how do I mute people in freemode (ps3)?

I don't know if you can do it on an individual basis, but hold down select, go down to chat and change it from everyone to anything else.

Rockstar Cloud servers are down now. Oh fuck. Please don't tell me I lost my character again.

Top Bottom