• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Ploid 3.0

You just can't replay them back to back. You have to wait til someone gets the mission again.

Aww man that's so bad. I was actually enjoying playing missions back to back. They weren't even high paying missions, it just that it was steady money like robbing stores over and over was. BAD

DoktorZaius

Neo Member
Turn the game on to find out that the rockstar cloud servers are unavailable. When I go to my character wheel in the SP, i don't see my character no more. I swear if it's deleted again......
I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping that the cloud servers are, as it says, merely down right now. If that's the case, it makes sense that our characters aren't showing up at the moment. Then again, I don't know why I'm giving Rockstar the benefit of the doubt on this one...

Oh god. Really? Did you create them after the patch?
My post-patch char is also missing, as I'm getting the "Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now" error. Hopefully char hasn't been deleted, but only time will tell.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It is seriously hilarious how the radio has an ad ingame about cloud computing essentially making fun of it and they actually use it for MP...and it keeps shitting the bed.

Mononoke

Banned
Jesus fuck. If I lose this character, I'm fuckin done. I already lost a rank 10 character. And this is after already losing 5 characters. There is just no way I'm starting again if I lose this one too.

CzarTim

Anyone else noticing some banked money going missing after doing jobs? This is post-patch PS3. I had over 20k, did a bunch of races with some people, came back to find 15k.

Ploid 3.0

Lost my character and money again PS3. Good game you got here Rockstar. I want 1 mil as compensation like the beta testers that didn't have these problems. Thanks! ^^

Does anyone know how to not display the vest you get from ammu-nation?

Inventory I think, you'd probably be removing the effect if you still have it though.

Plasmid

Jesus fuck. If I lose this character, I'm fuckin done. I already lost a rank 10 character. And this is after already losing 5 characters. There is just no way I'm starting again if I lose this one too.

This is a game that when it will work, will have massive potential and a massive amount of players. The game will probably be kept to life by DLC. Yeah, losing rank 10 sucks. But deciding to quit a game that's going to last months over a few hiccups in the first few days seems extreme.

Also, beta players? Wasn't it just family and friends?

It's not a good idea to get two wanted stars at the start of a relatively simple mission. Absolute disaster involving crashed cars, a shoot out with the police and me falling off a bridge.

Good fun though.

Theecliff

Banned
Passive mode doesn't even work for me - just got killed twice with it activated. I can't even get past the first few missions because other players on the server are just trying to kill everyone they see. Came out of Las Santos Customs and got chased down a road, my new fixed up car's tires were shot out and I was shot dead by some asshole. Went to do one of those blue jobs and unsurprisingly it kept timing out, and after being chucked out I found I was next to some random guy - who starts shooting me and somehow kills me. Both times I had fucking passive mode turned on (and what the hell is the point in the $100 fee? Seriously?) so couldn't retaliate, but they still managed to shoot me dead despite my supposed 'invulnerability'. Fix this shit, Rockstar.

Mononoke

Banned
This is a game that when it will work, will have massive potential and a massive amount of players. The game will probably be kept to life by DLC. Yeah, losing rank 10 sucks. But deciding to quit a game that's going to last months over a few hiccups in the first few days seems extreme.

Not really. It's just you get tired of having to start over so many times. I mean, at the end of the day I take full blame. I was impatient enough that I kept starting over and over, and playing this when the game was broken. This was the only week I have off in the next 2 months, so I really wanted to play the game.

But the reality is, I've now had to start and stop this game 3 times now (going to rank 10) - and it would kill my will to play it if I lost my character again. Also, the bottom line besides being busy in the next 3 months, I also have a ton of other stuff I'm going to play (and that's on top of the Next Gen Systems Dropping in Nov).

afoni

Banned
The cloud servers are down, so I'm assuming our characters are just lost in limbo for a while.

Don't shit the bed just yet, folks.

test_account

XP-39C²
There is, isn't there? On the phone, second row down on the left. The Quick menu. Races, deathmatch and... missions? Not at home right now so can't check but sure it's there.
You cant choose co-op missions in specific there, only "missions", which also includes objective matches with team VS team. But thanks for the tip about this menu! I didnt know about it. It makes it much easier to join games and find rooms with people in them :)

I just got on for the first time. I am in Indianapolis. I have tried basically since it launched, and I have never been able to even do the first race.

Today I did the first couple and had to leave, but it DID work, and that is a first for me.

Are you guys sure it deleted your characters? I just keep getting the message that the cloud is unavailable, and that's where the characters are stored, so...man I really hope my character isn't gone. Gonna leave the PS3 on just in case.

Oh god. Really? Did you create them after the patch?

EDIT: Did all of you create these characters after the patch?

All my characters were created before that patch. Last character I had, played with him most of last night into the early am before and after the patch. Was running near perfect. Then this happens :(

Ploid 3.0

Passive mode doesn't even work for me - just got killed twice with it activated. I can't even get past the first few missions because other players on the server are just trying to kill everyone they see. Came out of Las Santos Customs and got chased down a road, my new fixed up car's tires were shot out and I was shot dead by some asshole. Went to do one of those blue jobs and unsurprisingly it kept timing out, and after being chucked out I found I was next to some random guy - who starts shooting me and somehow kills me. Both times I had fucking passive mode turned on (and what the hell is the point in the $100 fee? Seriously?) so couldn't retaliate, but they still managed to shoot me dead despite my supposed 'invulnerability'. Fix this shit, Rockstar.

I have only been playing in solo mode. Screw getting killed, or having to run away/fight when I don't really want to, especially if I'm transporting a car.

Edit: This game seem like the buggiest game I ever played on PS3. They deserve an award for this surely.

Mononoke

Banned
My character I made after the patch still isn't lost. Maybe I should just stop, since the servers are acting weird. Last time I tried playing when the servers were going bad, my character got erased.

jediyoshi

Passive mode only applies for when you're out of a vehicle.

If you have busy work to do, go to the online section in the pause menu and choose the solo option.

OG Loc

So I exited the game via XMB then started it back up and tried to access Online Mode from the beginning loading screen. I then got the cloud error message and exited back into Single Player. However, in the right hand corner of my screen I have this Loading GTA Online Profile Stats notification that's been there for the last 5 minutes. Anyone else experiencing this?

bryanee

Are you guys sure it deleted your characters? I just keep getting the message that the cloud is unavailable, and that's where the characters are stored, so...man I really hope my character isn't gone. Gonna leave the PS3 on just in case.

I'm connected to the cloud and my character has gone again.

I wouldn't mind but it keeps making me do the fucking tutorial all the time.

Cloud servers for the PS3 US just went down for me. When I tried to relog, it had the "temporary character" with no autosave feature. At least it didn't take me to an empty character select screen.

Ploid 3.0

Ok it's the servers being the problem when characters vanish. Using a empty slot is a bad idea since my other character never showed up. I'm back on my character now.

ruttyboy

Yep, PS3 servers down. I lost six k by getting killed by strangers when I stood in the menus trying to figure out just how I invite my friend into my game, couldn't figure it out.

And why the hell can you not start solo/crew/friend only lobbies from within multiplayer, you have to quit to single player to get the option, what a load of shit. It continues to astound me how people who design these multi-million dollar games are so crap at it.

Oh and calling someone on the phone is $10, even if you don't connect to them, what kind of a telephone contract is that? Still I suppose they have to bleed you of money somehow so you buy the microtransactions...

Why is team balancing a option? why would someone want to be against the odds?

Not only that, why does it let you choose which side to be on? I've fought in loads of games that were 6 against 1, 7 against 2 that kind of stuff.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think everyone needs to cool their jets until the cloud servers come back. If they come back and the characters are really gone, then definitely lose your shit. But as it is, if the cloud is down then it makes sense that we can't find our characters. Just make sure you don't overwrite the slot with your character in it.

Oh and calling someone on the phone is $10, even if you don't connect to them, what kind of a telephone contract is that? Still I suppose they have to bleed you of money somehow so you buy the microtransactions...
The more I hear of all these charges the more my hype deflates, even beyond the fact that the damn thing doesn't seem to work at all.

Charges to play in passive mode, charges for dying, and now I read about charges for fucking phone calls? What the hell?

All I want to do is bring up my phone and start up a friends-only lobby before spending far too much time fucking around in it. Sounds like that's just too much to ask of this though. So I *have* to do an online race and other missions before I can play solo or with friends? How does that make sense?

Theecliff

Banned
Passive mode only applies for when you're out of a vehicle.

If you have busy work to do, go to the online section in the pause menu and choose the solo option.
For the second death I was definitely outside of a vehicle and definitely had it activated.

Can they not just have no friendly fire servers like they had for GTAIV? I'd much prefer that to whatever the hell this hybrid thing is with the passive system.

I will confess that I have waited outside Ponsonby's before for some guy to leave in his new threads just to gun him down ... this was in total retaliation to being runover by said guy in a car in passive mode.

Is it safe to say that this is the worst online launch yet? I know other games have had launch issues but those are usually resolved in a day or two

Arcteryx

The more I hear of all these charges the more my hype deflates, even beyond the fact that the damn thing doesn't seem to work at all.

Charges to play in passive mode, charges for dying, and now I read about charges for fucking phone calls? What the hell?

All I want to do is bring up my phone and start up a friends-only lobby before spending far too much time fucking around in it. Sounds like that's just too much to ask of this though. So I *have* to do an online race and other missions before I can play solo or with friends? How does that make sense?

There's a utility bill too.

Not kidding.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What's the deal with losing money on death? I had like 25K all in the bank, got into some fights in the city, and then found I had 15K now. What the fuck?

Top Bottom