• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

CookTrain

This might be a stupid question, but it's winding me up at the moment. Is there any way to make private activities? Being thrown into random games for tennis isn't really what me and my mates were hoping for. I assume there's some way to play together, but I'll be damned if I know how.

Reule

I exited MP an hour or two ago to finish up collectibles. I think I'll wait to do MP till later tonight. Hopefully my character will be there and ready. ;(

ruttyboy

The more I hear of all these charges the more my hype deflates, even beyond the fact that the damn thing doesn't seem to work at all.

Charges to play in passive mode, charges for dying, and now I read about charges for fucking phone calls? What the hell?

All I want to do is bring up my phone and start up a friends-only lobby before spending far too much time fucking around in it. Sounds like that's just too much to ask of this though. So I *have* to do an online race and other missions before I can play solo or with friends? How does that make sense?

What saddens me is that say me and my friend want to spend the evening in a private server just shooting the shit out of each other, running each other over, you know having GTA style fun, it would basically bankrupt us. It can't be unintentional, they can't be that bad at game design, surely?

There's a utility bill too.

Not kidding.

I'm going to assume you are kidding, otherwise I'm going to cry a bit. It's Grand Respectable Citizen 5.

Gorillaz

Yep, PS3 servers down. I lost six k by getting killed by strangers when I stood in the menus trying to figure out just how I invite my friend into my game, couldn't figure it out.

And why the hell can you not start solo/crew/friend only lobbies from within multiplayer, you have to quit to single player to get the option, what a load of shit. It continues to astound me how people who design these multi-million dollar games are so crap at it.

Oh and calling someone on the phone is $10, even if you don't connect to them, what kind of a telephone contract is that? Still I suppose they have to bleed you of money somehow so you buy the microtransactions...

Not only that, why does it let you choose which side to be on? I've fought in loads of games that were 6 against 1, 7 against 2 that kind of stuff.

I'm online right now, PS3 version US

I remember reading a review on GTA 5 where they said R was ahead of it's time in some areas but in others it was still stuck in 2007/8. The MP for the most part is one of those things. Respawning, aim assist lobbies, missions feel like as if they aren't exactly up to the times on how things are. It's like the one guy you know that will only like to listen to things on cassette nowadays because it's it's in there nature to be stubborn.

There idea of DM and TDM is so fucking ancient it amazes me. These guys are stuck in the Dark Ages

EDIT: i'll give them credit for the way they made Free Roam into a hub.

dmix90

I think everyone needs to cool their jets until the cloud servers come back. If they come back and the characters are really gone, then definitely lose your shit. But as it is, if the cloud is down then it makes sense that we can't find our characters. Just make sure you don't overwrite the slot with your character in it.
Damn...too late. Created a new one but couldn't start first race(no circle on the ground) with Lamar. I hope new character not saved i shutdown ps3 straight way. How fucked up i am?

Arcteryx

What saddens me is that say me and my friend want to spend the evening in a private server just shooting the shit out of each other, running each other over, you know having GTA style fun, it would basically bankrupt us. It can't be unintentional, they can't be that bad at game design, surely?

I'm going to assume you are kidding, otherwise I'm going to cry a bit. It's Grand Respectable Citizen 5.

lol I'm not. If you don't pay it you can't use the shower/any electronics/mechanic.

Now we're both sad.

What the hell were they thinking?

No, don't answer that. I know what they were thinking, and yeah, its pretty sad.

lol I'm not. If you don't pay it you can't use the shower/any electronics/mechanic.
What? You're totally fucking with us right? God damn that I can't even tell if you're joking or not ;P

Mononoke

Banned
Well, I'm still truckin. Been able to play this entire day so far. Haven't lost my character either. Also quick job app is working too. Been able to hop around and do missions. So the post patch has worked for me (so far). I'm on PS3, and created a new character after the patch.

amrod

PS3 works online now, but one of my save games still has a glitch where if I'm Franklin I cant switch to anyone else... If I go back to a older save I don't have the problem.

Wish there was a way to give my messed up save to rockstar

Mononoke

Banned
One thing the online has made me realize, is how many people are TERRIBLE drivers. Seriously, I don't find the driving physics/mechanics that hard in this game. All you have to do is lightly tap the left brakes as your driving, and it's pretty smooth ride. I've pretty much stopped allowing others to drive me because it's so bad.

Rockstar, thanks for not deleting my character, but I'm a little beat up that the car I've spent over 30k modding including Bulletproof Tires has disappeared from my garage.

ruttyboy

Ah, so it looks like you still lose money if you die in free roam. They only fixed it for game modes. Sucks. The cap is 2k.

Cap on what? Genuine question, the whole thing confuses me. Are you saying you can only lose a maximum of $2k per mission (which is still too high, it should be $0), but there's no cap on free roam?

Fucking horse armour.

DogMeat77

Cap on what? Genuine question, the whole thing confuses me. Are you saying you can only lose a maximum of $2k per mission (which is still too high, it should be $0), but there's no cap on free roam?

Fucking horse armour.

Cap on the hospital bills. You will pay $2K per death.

DogMeat77

But then that's not a cap, that's a fee. Do you ever pay less than $2k? Not being aggro, I really don't understand. It doesn't help there's no bloody manual as usual (I think). What a hot mess this is.

No clue. You tell me, check your transaction logs and let us know. I'm just telling you what he meant by cap.

Fucking horse armour.

I've got 60K, and after being lit up by a group of Ballas, I got billed 2k.

This is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, but I'm not seeing as many people having this issue...

Managed to make it through the 1st night, got the free tracker and insurance, headed to the deathmatch tutorial. Walked in the circle, waited for 12 minutes, gave up and went back to 360 dashboard.

Went back online, no car, no icon for car on the map/server. No insurance contact on phone. The icon for the car as owned property IS lit up. I also can technically mod the vehicle on the iFruit app - just can't find the damn thing anywhere.

Has anyone discovered a fix for this that I've missed? Whenever I try Goooooooooogle'ing I just get results for the SP disappearing car issue that was patched.

Thanks!

Still no patch on 360?

Thanks a fucking lot, MS. They've really been grating on me lately. I wasn't planning on going next gen for another year but I almost want to pre-order a PS4 out of spite.

Top Bottom