• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

eival

matter fact, stuff i bought AFTER the Trevor mission is on my character, but not my apartment i bought well before that and its just now telling me about Parachute jumps which i did too.

that has nothing to do with servers cause it clearly saved its actual broken programing and i doubt their TU is going to fix it, since its not something listed in their "issues" page.

i just love how they partitioned this after release so none of the reviews actually were able to test this and see how broken it is, keep throwing the word "FREE" on every article tho, as if thats the universal way to ward off criticism, cause nobody assumed it would of had an online mode, let alone to actually work

Not after patch.

Im on PS3 with patch on, and died some times during missions and didnt lost any money. i checked bank and no more hospital fees there. in free roam if you die you pay 1000-2000k depending how much money u have.

So deathmatches no longer takes thousands from you for each death?

DogMeat77

They patched replay out because some people wanted to accelerate the shitty money grind? Really?

Oh, sorry for the double post.

I replayed a Survival (Horde mode basically) with 3 randoms for an hour or so. This was post PS3 patch. Either replay is still working or their are caveats to what can be replayed. We were making good money on the replaying survival.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Game doesn't even attempt to join any more. I just get some message about cloud servers and only disc content is available and get booted back to the story.

the patch can't come quick enough.

Kobalty

I can understand the "respawn tax" in story mode, but there's no place for it in an online multiplayer environment. Like the writer noted, it hinders the brilliance of the wild west sandbox.

On top of that, talk of utility bills and charging for phone calls?!?! R* needs to back away from the "being in a living, breathing world" a bit.

That sums up how I feel about the online portion of this game, all the living breathing world stuff should stay in the single player enviroment.

Earlier today me and a friend were in a random battle royal with some random folks and it was fun but after a point we basically all had to make a truce to hold fire so we could go away and earn more money to support how we wanted to play this game.

I feel as tho im having to work in the game to support actually playing the game and its just killing the experience for me.

How do you save & quit online?
I only had the option to kill myself for $500.
I just dashboard quit, did I lose all my progress in doing so?
Maybe? I just switch to Michael.

I don't really mind having to pay for stuff, it isn't hard to make money. I also feel like it gives more value to the money. I do think its dumb that you loose money in death match, though it SHOULD make ppl value their lives and be cautious. I'm having a blast though! Try stealing a helecopter and watching people run from the cops.

Got my apartment, woop.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

What rank are you?

Aenima

So deathmatches no longer takes thousands from you for each death?

Yup. Only money you spend on deadthmathches is in the ammo or bulletproof vests you buy, no more hospital fees from dying in challeges/missions.

It was pretty retarded to have hospital fees in missions, but even more retarded for deathmatches. I dont mind with fees in free roaming as you can enable passive mode or just create a private loggy and invite ur mates there.

What i still dont know is if after patch the characters still get deleted (or houses, garages, cars)

Dave1988

Not after patch.

Im on PS3 with patch on, and died some times during missions and didnt lost any money. i checked bank and no more hospital fees there. in free roam if you die you pay 1000-2000k depending how much money u have.

So for the ppl that already have the patch is charaters still desappearing?

Yup, my character is gone. I still have the bank cash I had on her but it shows me that I'm not part of any crew even though I am in one.

I wonder if there's a chance my char will return or should I start another one? I really don't know.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
How do you save & quit online?
I only had the option to kill myself for $500.
I just dashboard quit, did I lose all my progress in doing so?

WHat I did was bring up the menu and select 'Playstation Store' then is asked if I wanted to head to the store and all current progress would be saved. As soon as the Store appeared I bought up the XMB and quit the game.

Are there any free garages/safehouses when you start online? I need somewhere to put my car rather than retrieving it from the Police Impound impound all the time.

Mononoke

Banned
I did. Created today after the patch.

Jesus, this scares me. I lost my level 10 character yesterday. And when she didn't come back after the patch, I created a new one today. I've had nothing but smooth sailings. I was thinking that the only people losing characters were ones created before the patch.

But I guess not. Now I'm going to be paranoid the entire time. Any moment, this new character could be gone. =/

ruttyboy

Is there anyway to view how many crew members are on? Nobody has an answer...

Sometimes there's a little number in the bottom right of your crew image, I assumed that that was the number of people online, but honestly who knows. Why do we have to figure this shit out for ourselves? It's mind boggling that they couldn't write a manual for us.

psn

Cloud Servers are down again... I hope I get my character back. Level 22 with a 230 000 $ Appartment and a 100 000 $ car...

And their patch makes the online experience even worse:

-No 9000$ mission, the highest I got was 5000$
-No replay

Seriously Rockstar, what the f***? Is that your excuse for the f***** up online mode? Is that how you treat your customers?

One of the worst starts for multiplayer + nerfing the money you get for missions so you buy it with real money...without even fixing the issues with their cloud servers...

Sometimes there's a little number in the bottom right of your crew image, I assumed that that was the number of people online, but honestly who knows. Why do we have to figure this shit out for ourselves? It's mind boggling that they couldn't write a manual for us.

I can't tell and I can't even join anyways. I'm so fucking done with this game. Why bother making crews when you can't even play with them? Why the fuck do they give us the option of having crews when it's impossible to play with them?

There's some real bullshit in this game. So some fucker is constantly trying to run me over. He's coming at me again and I throw a stick on the ground and detonate it while he's over it. The game charges me for the insurance because it was his personal vehicle and calls me a bad sport.

Its just fucking mind boggling how fucking incompetent rockstar is. How fucking incompetent are they that they can't properly program the fucking online? I don't undrstand whose hair brained idea it was to make the online so hard to figure out.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I finished the intro race and after that nothing happens. I rejoin and my character doesn't show up at all while I hear other people talk.

Gaz_RB

What is it about higher levels that makes things better? Outside of just having more money?

Or is it just "it gets better when you have a lot more money"?

That's basically it. People are mad about dying and losing like 2 grand, but it's not such a big deal once you're doing the higher level missions for more money.

The missions are way better at higher levels as well. Less "go here, kill these people"

That being said, I do wish there was a free mode for people who dont want to lose money when messing around.

There's some real bullshit in this game. So some fucker is constantly trying to run me over. He's coming at me again and I throw a stick on the ground and detonate it while he's over it. The game charges me for the insurance because it was his personal vehicle and calls me a bad sport.

This is the thing that bothers me the most about GTAO. Like, if some guy is messing with me, I'm gonna shoot the shit out of his car, don't call me a bad sport...

Though I'm pretty sure that it has a very low effect on total good sport/bad sport

SnakeEyes

Banned
It was the time it takes to go to the 360 Dashboard and then relaunch a game online, so like...5 minutes real time? I mean, the online has only been "available" for 3.5 days...
No, it shouldn't have happened that quickly. You, my friend, seem to have suffered from a bug.

Top Bottom