• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

I would buy this game for both consoles if GTA: Online data synced between both consoles. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one. R*, go make yourself some extra cash and make this happen!

Acorn

What is it about higher levels that makes things better? Outside of just having more money?

Or is it just "it gets better when you have a lot more money"?
Nah you are always low on funds (guns and ammo are more expensive the higher you go) but some cool things unlock.

DogMeat77

Nah you are always low on funds (guns and ammo are more expensive the higher you go) but some cool things unlock.

I'm running around with $200K in the bank. I guess i'm just not having trouble getting away and/or smoking people trying to kill me. Keep in mind you can take the Range Rover clone in to sell for $9K every hour.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I would buy this game for both consoles if GTA: Online data synced between both consoles. I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one. R*, go make yourself some extra cash and make this happen!

I'd go for a PS4 GTAO download. Just the online portion, don't even need the full game. Should be feasible to move from PS3 to 4.

ruttyboy

That's basically it. People are mad about dying and losing like 2 grand, but it's not such a big deal once you're doing the higher level missions for more money.

The missions are way better at higher levels as well. Less "go here, kill these people"

That being said, I do wish there was a free mode for people who dont want to lose money when messing around.

Which would be fine if we could actually get to a higher level. I think I've lost about 15 levels to deleted characters now, and I haven't even been playing much (mostly because it won't let me half the time).

As you say though, do they need the horse armour money so much that they can't put in a free mode?

Gaz_RB

Which would be fine if we could actually get to a higher level. I think I've lost about 15 levels to deleted characters now, and I haven't even been playing much (mostly because it won't let me half the time).

As you say though, do they need the horse armour money so much that they can't put in a free mode?

I seriously bet that's why they don't have a free mode. Like if you could do custom lobbies with infinite rocket launchers/cheats etc, not as many people would suck it up and buy money.

"buy money" sounds so weird haha

Two things off the top of my head would greatly improve GTAO

1.) Centered first person driving cam. The current driving cam is situated to the drivers side of the car. This would be fine, except the hood of the car isn't anywhere in the field of vision unless you intentionally look down.

2.) Text chat window.

ruttyboy

I seriously bet that's why they don't have a free mode. Like if you could do custom lobbies with infinite rocket launchers/cheats etc, not as many people would suck it up and buy money.

"buy money" sounds so weird haha

Oh yeah, there's no doubt at this point. The whole game system is set up to bleed money out of you and limit everything you do, the only way to get around the limitations, more money, the only reliable way to get enough money to make it into a real free form manic GTA game, microtransactions. I'm not even convinced that the hospital fees in missions was a bug.

Managed to play with my bro and a few crew guys and we just did some rank 30 mission where you blow up 3 jets and steal a chopper. Easy 25k each mission, made off with about 350k, got an apartment, a new car, two bikes, gun upgrades and some other odds.

Probably rolled back to level 6 again knowing how its played out the last 3 days.

Derrick01

Banned
Is anyone else having trouble inviting friends through the game on PS3? When I go to the pause menu to invite it says (disabled) and when I click on it anyway it says we can't join until we both have completed the tutorial. We're both at the point where all the blue stuff is unlocked on the map and he was able to invite me somehow and we played for like 20 minutes before getting booted but now we can't join up again.

Gaz_RB

Oh yeah, there's no doubt at this point. The whole game system is set up to bleed money out of you and limit everything you do, the only way to get around the limitations, more money, the only reliable way to get enough money to make it into a real free form manic GTA game, microtransactions. I'm not even convinced that the hospital fees in missions was a bug.

Yeah. I have to admit that I like the constricted economy, but having a constricted economy for the sake of selling microtransactions is not cool.

Got kicked from a session while loading a mission given by an NPC, game warns me about being a bad sport and leaving games early. Fuck off with this shit, Rockstar.

akaoni

Banned
So none of my old characters seem to coming back. Are we supposed to create new ones because the patch fixes everything? I lost my latest character after the patch though they were created before it.

Autofokus

Two things off the top of my head would greatly improve GTAO

1.) Centered first person driving cam. The current driving cam is situated to the drivers side of the car. This would be fine, except the hood of the car isn't anywhere in the field of vision unless you intentionally look down.

2.) Text chat window.

Did you ever play a Battlefield on PC? The chat window is the first thing to hide/disable.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

So good

I can't tell and I can't even join anyways. I'm so fucking done with this game. Why bother making crews when you can't even play with them? Why the fuck do they give us the option of having crews when it's impossible to play with them?

Its just fucking mind boggling how fucking incompetent rockstar is. How fucking incompetent are they that they can't properly program the fucking online? I don't undrstand whose hair brained idea it was to make the online so hard to figure out.

Time to go outside, dude.

Hixx

Just learned the hard way that you should NOT initiate a mission from your cell phone while piloting a heli.

Or near the military base. Four of us in the mission, I spawned inside the base, instant 4 stars. So I died, respawned in the base again and got a free jet, this time no wanted level.

Then I bailed out of the jet and parachuted into a pylon and died again. I am great at this game.

Also, is it just me or do the slate suit pants not match up with the jackets? It seems like it's a slightly different shade of black, but there's no black suit pants as far as I can see.

Can someone please answer my questions about the Crews?

I signed up with the social network thing. I created a crew, and I'm working on the emblem now. My questions are:

Will my emblem show up on GTAO?

Can I put my emblem on stuff like my personal cars, t-shirts, etc?

The Crew creator thing told me to name the ranks. Will my crew mates see those original names while they're playing(after they sync with the crew?)

That's how it works right?

What is it about higher levels that makes things better? Outside of just having more money?

Or is it just "it gets better when you have a lot more money"?

Better weapons, more choices of things to do, more job types to choose from, every level to 100 unlocks variety of things

I find the fun factor is hugely variable based on the job. I think the crew aspect with heist type jobs is gonna be where the game shines. To me co-operative type jobs are by far the most fun. I have been doing auto job choices and basically just experiencing a range of activities,

I definitely noticed a big increase in kill speed with buying the micro uzi at level 5

I'd say 25% of my time this way has been amazing co-op missions, 25% kinda fun co-op or racing, 25% terrible deathmatch and 25% of my time just waiting for votes, timers etc. So I typically use Auto join "mission"

So kinda fun while doing generic stuff incl some work at home on the laptop

TheJLC

I signed up with the social network thing. I created a crew, and I'm working on the emblem now. My questions are:

For the above, yes, all for a fee. However, regarding the ranks, I don't know. I've been playing with my crew and don't see any rank next to them.

so is it fixed yet? can people move past that first fucking race finally? tried for like 3 hours yesterday :/

Really want to play when I get home.

Autofokus

I'd say 25% of my time this way has been amazing co-op missions, 25% kinda fun co-op or racing, 25% terrible deathmatch and 25% of my time just waiting for votes, timers etc. So I typically use Auto join "mission"

Does the 'join random mission' option include that awful Last Team Standing, or only the co-op stuff?

The Crew creator thing told me to name the ranks. Will my crew mates see those original names while they're playing(after they sync with the crew?)

Yes, your crew emblems show up on GTAO and you can put the emblem on your cars and clothes.

Everyone who is in your crew will have the custom ranks you set.

The shooting in this game is nowhere near good enough to have deathmatches in little closed off areas. There needs to be a deathmatch mode that has the entire map available. Having gunfights go from a parking garage to some alleys, to the highway and then to the the airport runways in IV was glorious in spite of the controls. That needs to happen here (unless I'm just missing the option for that).

akaoni

Banned
Also, is it just me or do the slate suit pants not match up with the jackets? It seems like it's a slightly different shade of black, but there's no black suit pants as far as I can see.

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same item but one of the pairs of black trousers I purchased had large pixelated shades of purple.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is something wrong with my connection. I'm in a game and all is see is

x Left
y left
z left

I am still doing the mission lamar gives you to get the drugs at the beginning.

The shooting in this game is nowhere near good enough to have deathmatches in little closed off areas. There needs to be a deathmatch mode that has the entire map available. Having gunfights go from a parking garage to some alleys, to the highway and then to the the airport runways in IV was glorious in spite of the controls. That needs to happen here (unless I'm just missing the option for that).
How small an area are we talking about? I assumed it would be over the size of a neighborhood at least.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yes, your crew emblems show up on GTAO and you can put the emblem on your cars and clothes.

Everyone who is in your crew will have the custom ranks you set.

Similar question:

I'm in a crew, but when we go to the social club website there's only overview/hierarchy and.... Max payne 3 onthe front page. What' up with that? What needs to happen for our crew to actually be about gtao, so we can access that tab/those statistics?

I'm not sure if any of us have made it past the tutorial race yet, could that be the problem?

Ploid 3.0

GTA Online next gen has to happen, the game would be out of beta, and it would look so soso so good. I would buy it. Think about it, 1080p 60fps?! Well I will be getting the PC version but I'm not sure I would want to play that one online. I only had good online experiences with console ports about none of the time on PC. The games seem so empty or buggy online (EA racing games, Driver SF, tried GTA4's online but nothing happened, etc.).

Top Bottom