• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Anyone had this happen to him :

I started the online after a few days of unsuccessful connections.
I was happy to finally log in... but it skipped the character creation, and auto-generated a character that is bald, with a small head (relative to his body), with makeup and pink headphones...
I tried to quit and restart, as this progeny was unwanted, but I am stuck with him.
To add insult to injury, all the stats are null...

Thankfully I managed to give him some cosmetic changes.

Reule

It's hilarious hearing everyone use their mics for the over the counter robberies. Every ten minutes I hear "Put the money in the fucking bag!" from someone with a non-threatening voice.

eival

apparently theres an exploit for robbing stores which clears the wanted and resets the cashier so you can rob him again.

ill take that as compensation for the friggen 70k they stole from me since yesterday, yet stored the clothes i purchased right before logging off to show it actually did save, but screw you for buying property and doing parachute missions and meeting trevor, we didnt save those.

Did you get the new patch?

Yep, I try heading into the online portion.... it says "There's been an error joining/hosting a session, return to GTAV"

When I attempt on solo mode, I get through the credits but when the first race happens... same thing, I get kicked off.

(PS3 Version btw)

Awesome. Lost my level 14 character two days ago, and now I just lost my level 7 character (that I created after the patch this morning) plus all my money. Waited for a connection to the RS cloud servers but everything is still gone. Playing on PS3.

k0ji-wd

Does anyone know how my crew and I can join public games together? It takes forever to find people if you host, so how can we all get into the same random DM or race together?

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Anyone know if you get different types of missions (maybe with planes etc) the further you get into the online?

Just had a great game of 'hippy hunting'. One of the other team members swam off into the lake with the weed. I drive to the other side and wait till he comes out, shoot him, and run off with the package.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Man, this game, me and a friend are just playing and then it kicks him and pow, character gone, he isn't someone who plays as much as me so isn't so forgiving when stuff like this happens. Such a silly thing that shouldn't be happening at this point.

So after the rough start, I'm pretty impressed at the setup. They are giving the same single player feel of doing a mission chain for a character when you really just unlocking more missions with higher levels. Some of the mission so far have been lots of fun and crazy. The fighter jets vs dirt bikes could be my favorite thing to do. I love the party and playlist mechanics. Just spam text invites to everyone and they can play or just ignore them easy. Having the party pick levels works out well to. We usually play the same game a few times then break it up with a parachute challenge to survival.

All I really want it the fun insanity you have have in open world games.

I was taking a taxi into town then someone in a sky crane flew in and hook up the taxi and flew away with me in it!

eival

That's just a garage. I'm glad you can call someone to get your car for you once you have one.

that guy is a pain in the ass and broken, i went to get in and he tried to jack me, luckly i was able to reach in before he took off.

another time he parked up on the friggen bridge above me and now im "too close to my personal vehicle" to tell him to re-deliver it

i got my car stuck but not damaged in the desert, had to walk on foot something like 5 real minutes just so the game no longer things im "too close to my personal car" then hope he actually stops and gets out, some times he'll drive past me and just keep going.

all they had to do was copy the coding they used for the SP taxies, drive up slowly, park and honk, but that would be too easy and efficient

So I finally had enough time to try out the online part for about 9 hours today and reached level 14. Once you understand what is going on it really is a lot of fun. Invited a lot of people from our PS3 GAF crew into co-op missions and yeah, overall it was very nice.

Though, there are some things that have to be changed. For example, you can rob 2 stores and have 2 stars each, which is pretty easy. As soon as you rob the third store, you get 3 stars (helicopters, quite hard). But if you go into another session the counter gets reset and you can go on robbing stores with 2 stars.

I think I'll be playling this a lot until next-gen releases and I hope they implement more interesting things in the coming weeks.

Similar question:

I'm in a crew, but when we go to the social club website there's only overview/hierarchy and.... Max payne 3 onthe front page. What' up with that? What needs to happen for our crew to actually be about gtao, so we can access that tab/those statistics?

I'm not sure if any of us have made it past the tutorial race yet, could that be the problem?

Rockstar have not updated the social club to support GTAO stats yet. If you have a look at the GTAV page where it tells you your single player character stats there is an extra tab for GTA online saying coming soon.

I think the social club will be updated some time next week to support GTAOnline crew stats.

Wow. After about twenty something hours with a character, I log in after todays update only to find it deleted. anyone else lose one recently and is there hope? I was a level 21 and I just unlocked the makeup I wanted.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Rockstar have not updated the social club to support GTAO stats yet. If you have a look at the GTAV page where it tells you your single player character stats there is an extra tab for GTA online saying coming soon.

I think the social club will be updated some time next week to support GTAOnline crew stats.

Cool, thanks! Makes sense.

Ploid 3.0

Do you guys think these buildings will be done in a few months revealing a new ultimate penthouse apartment?

$100,000,000

Endgame

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Do we know if you can sell apartments and garages etc. yet? I'd like to get a cheapo garage to tide me over a little, but not sure I would want it forever if I can sell and use that money for a nicer one.

0_0.jpg

Ploid 3.0

Do we know if you can sell apartments and garages etc. yet? I'd like to get a cheapo garage to tide me over a little, but not sure I would want it forever if I can sell and use that money for a nicer one.

You get some of your money back when you buy a new property.

Got a chance to play for a few hours on the 360 tonight and had good time. Did missions + free roam. It was good.

I think people stuck on that first race are still stuck though.

Rockstar should announce something on how to fix that issue -- they have to know about it, it seems to afflict like 50% of XBox players.

Mik2121

The update seems to be freezing my PS3 or something. I select update and the screen goes dark without doing anything else. The PS3 HDD lamp still blinks every once in a while, but no matter how long I press the power button, nothing happens :S

Tried it for about two hours, didn't really enjoy any of it.

1. Character creation is awful. I thought people were overreacting, but they weren't. It's needlessly complex and nearly impossible to end up with an avatar you like unless you mash the random button 100 times
2. The intro is pretty lame, wasn't feeling the Lamar chemistry like he has in the singleplayer. Also the city is empty, it's pretty surreal driving around those empty streets. Also throwing 100 tutorial texts and explanations on screen while in a high-speed race or police chase isn't particularly convenien.
3. The missions I've played so far are okay, I guess
3. The game is basically one big free-for-all. Three times I tried to help someone who was being chased by the cops, only to end up with a bullet in the head myself for no reason whatsoever. Everybody is auto-hostile, which is exactly what I feared

I don't think I'll be coming back to online anytime soon.

Save exploring the city for single player, I dont see any upside in exploring it apart from robbing stores

you'll want to do missions anyway so just use your phone to Quick job for Race deathmatch or mission, for co op missions (my fave) I always pick :Mission"

then save your cash to bank from phone after mission and repeat

Buy micro uzi at level 5 for faster killing speed

eival

wow they actually fixed "Solo" mode so that the races still show up and other stuff.

theres litterally no point in playing public, until/if they actually fix Passive Mode, the fact we have to pay for what used to be "friendly fire off" mode is a joke, and the same exploits in those modes from RDR and IV are still there.

you could be killed by explosive damage (/falling/thrown around from explosives) or run over, and in Red Dead they could shoot your horse which damanged you, and in this game would damage your car, even if its insured its a pain.

its call Clipping, its not that hard to program the game with it

It's hilarious hearing everyone use their mics for the over the counter robberies. Every ten minutes I hear "Put the money in the fucking bag!" from someone with a non-threatening voice.
Strip club is even better. Don't think I've ever laughed as hard as when I heard what appeared to be a 9 year old saying "ooh baby shake that ass" in the VIP section lol

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
You get some of your money back when you buy a new property.

Cool, good to know it does happen.

wow they actually fixed "Solo" mode so that the races still show up and other stuff.

theres litterally no point in playing public, until/if they actually fix Passive Mode, the fact we have to pay for what used to be "friendly fire off" mode is a joke, and the same exploits in those modes from RDR and IV are still there.

you could be killed by explosive damage (/falling/thrown around from explosives) or run over, and in Red Dead they could shoot your horse which damanged you, and in this game would damage your car, even if its insured its a pain.

its call Clipping, its not that hard to program the game with it

Solo mode has been like since day one.

Reule

Strip club is even better. Don't think I've ever laughed as hard as when I heard what appeared to be a 9 year old saying "ooh baby shake that ass" in the VIP section lol
Oh man, lol. I can't wait.

The update seems to be freezing my PS3 or something. I select update and the screen goes dark without doing anything else. The PS3 HDD lamp still blinks every once in a while, but no matter how long I press the power button, nothing happens :S
When the update comes up, wait till you hear the car jacking and the sirens finish then try to update. You have to give it a bit of time before you confirm the update otherwise you most likely will freeze.

Had it happen on the first patch. :(

Got a chance to play for a few hours on the 360 tonight and had good time. Did missions + free roam. It was good.

I think people stuck on that first race are still stuck though.

Rockstar should announce something on how to fix that issue -- they have to know about it, it seems to afflict like 50% of XBox players.

Any advice? Stuck on loading :/

Metalmarc

Anyone had this happen to him :

I started the online after a few days of unsuccessful connections.
I was happy to finally log in... but it skipped the character creation, and auto-generated a character that is bald, with a small head (relative to his body), with makeup and pink headphones...
I tried to quit and restart, as this progeny was unwanted, but I am stuck with him.
To add insult to injury, all the stats are null...

Thankfully I managed to give him some cosmetic changes.

I had that too thanks for pointing it out, thought i was the only one, im like wth theyve made me look dodgy, just kept quiting out before getting to stats, so my stats will be wiped? Damn i won my first ever death match

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same item but one of the pairs of black trousers I purchased had large pixelated shades of purple.

Oh yeah, that's the problem. But I think the overall shade is also purple-er. Hopefully they patch it because it's actually a pretty big deal for me personally in the game. Was really looking forward to strolling around in a suit.

Also they need to add the option of only playing one or three games in tennis, also doubles wouldn't hurt.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
GTAonline seems pretty cool.

I got killed during a one on one deathmatch by some guys dicking around on the highway in a race.

Top Bottom